Home

Two updates in two days?

This is a discussion on Two updates in two days? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2019, 11:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

OVR: 0
Two updates in two days?

Did anyone else notice a loss of performance with the last two updates from EA? I just got my recording efforts fixed with this game and wham back to back updates on successive days and now my GPU is having encoding problems. Dropping frames and the recordings look awful now. I haven't done anything to my PC after I got it working right hoping not to screw anything up, but wait an EA update and all is fubar'ed again.
Anybody?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

Re: Two updates in two days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskereurocat
Did anyone else notice a loss of performance with the last two updates from EA? I just got my recording efforts fixed with this game and wham back to back updates on successive days and now my GPU is having encoding problems. Dropping frames and the recordings look awful now. I haven't done anything to my PC after I got it working right hoping not to screw anything up, but wait an EA update and all is fubar'ed again.
Anybody?
I've been working since before this post with the OBS discord support channel and we've come to the conclusion that EA had to do something with the last two updates that is killing my performance. Nothing else has changed with my system. I can't even record with factory stock settings and have it not do the micro-stutter thing most of the time. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

I'm absolutely bummed here. Something was done with this update that was dropped two days ago that severely impacted game overall performance. My game ran smooth as silk before the update and now I have micro-stutters galore. My GPU is now overloaded and I can't record game play because of it. Nothing else changed in my system. Just the title update from EA. I tested this out against both Madden 19 and Madden 08 (yeah I know its old and doesn't use as many resources, but M19 isn't old) and both perform the way they should and can be recorded without the micro-stuttering affect. I can't do that with Madden 20, which means this game is absolutely useless to me if I can't record it, cleanly.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Have you tried the trick of going through your Task Manager while the game is open and setting the priority to Real Time?

That is what I have to do or else I get the audio stutter issue, but I've had to do that since launch.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50West
Have you tried the trick of going through your Task Manager while the game is open and setting the priority to Real Time?

That is what I have to do or else I get the audio stutter issue, but I've had to do that since launch.
Yep. Helps marginally, but the micro-stutter is still there. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »