Home

Finally Updated from Madden 08

This is a discussion on Finally Updated from Madden 08 within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Finally Updated from Madden 08

I finally upgraded my PC version of Madden 08 to Madden 20. What are the "must dos" after installing? Any good articles to read about getting the most out of Madden on PC? I see all the threads here, but wondering if I'm missing any other valuable sources.

FYI, I playing with an i5-3570K (OC'd to 4.2 GHz), GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, and on a TV.

The game is downloading to my SSD right now.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Re: Finally Updated from Madden 08

Not sure I'm a fan of this port as I've had to do a ton of leg work just to get the game working stutter free. Even after, I still get occasional audio stuttering.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Not sure I'm a fan of this port as I've had to do a ton of leg work just to get the game working stutter free. Even after, I still get occasional audio stuttering.
the problem is your cpu is a 4 core 4 thread cpu. This game requires more than that.

after i upgraded from my 6600k to 6700k all of my stuttering/freezing went away and didn't require any tweaking whatsoever.

you could probably find a 3770K for cheap now if you dont want to fully upgrade your system.

Last edited by Shogunreaper; 12-31-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:31 AM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
the problem is your cpu is a 4 core 4 thread cpu. This game requires more than that.

after i upgraded from my 6600k to 6700k all of my stuttering/freezing went away and didn't require any tweaking whatsoever.

you could probably find a 3770K for cheap now if you dont want to fully upgrade your system.
Interesting...

I read somewhere on the EA forums about i5's in general being a problem with this game. Thanks for the head's up. I'll look into an upgrade.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #5
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

I'm on an i9 9900k and 2080ti..and I saw the same stuttering issues. I could only resolve by turning v-sync on and setting the FPS lock to 60..yes I also play on a TV (LG OLED).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I also put crowd quality on low, seems to help it run smoother. Still looks good.

Playing:
Old 03-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

There's a thread somewhere on some tips to try. I also had the stuttering issue. I believe I had to set V-Sync on, Crowd on Low/Medium, and set priority to realtime for the game in Task Manager.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Sorry but i don't know how to download draft classes from the shop on line. most of past draft classes are not available anymore : any mean to get them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »