Home

Offline CFM Start Today File

This is a discussion on Offline CFM Start Today File within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #33
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offline CFM Start Today File

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
That’s honestly not too bad. I already spend plenty of time on console going thru and editing equipment and ratings etc. I could just do each team before I play a game to make it a little less tedious.
That’s how I used to remove captain patches because the little star icon infuriated me. Now I just turn off super star abilities to hide those markers.

But yes, that is one way you could do it. But it would take at least four in game seasons to finish.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #34
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

This "mod" (along with the Rebirth mod), and moving Madden from Xbox One to PC (which I did because of this mod, so collect your commission from EA) has entirely revitalized the game for me. I was always more of a coach-more strategist, and you guys are a godsend for putting the time into this project.

If you do plan on updating this at any point (not that you need to, it's fantastic right now), I'd suggest tweaking the coaching pool, if possible. CPU teams go heavy on the former/failed head coaches. In the first cycle, Marvin Lewis, Leslie Frazier, Jim Schwartz, Gary Kubiak, Jason Garrett, and Todd Bowles find their way back into the mix. I'm guessing it has something to do with an established coaching record, in which case you can't alter because it breaks the realism. It makes sense for 1 or even two of them a cycle, but sometimes it's up to 4 or 5.

I'm not a modder so I have no idea why this is the case, and it's pretty freaking minor all things considered (I just manually force them back into retirement and repeat until the team gets a fresh face). So if you ever go back and update the file, maybe this is something you can look at.

But otherwise, thank you guys so much.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Took me only three reloads to get Joe Staley to not retire with the latest release. So, it's not set in stone that's gone. Also, Brees and Brady haven't retired either.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

I used Tdawg's tool in a separate franchise file, but it's been awhile. When do we save and use the franchise tool with this file? Year 1 (2020) Week 8?
Old 02-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #37
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I used Tdawg's tool in a separate franchise file, but it's been awhile. When do we save and use the franchise tool with this file? Year 1 (2020) Week 8?
First off, if you're interested in using the start today file I'd join the discord (https://discord.gg/aaJejEp) because that's where the more updated file is.
With that said, the first two progressions can really be done in any weeks you want, as long as the draft class has already been imported in week 3 (the draft class NEEDS to be loaded/finalized before using the tool for the first time in a given year). Most people do the first progression in week 3 or 4, and the second in week 8. This is up to you, though. It used to be weeks 8 and 16 as the standard I think. You can handle that however you want.
You do the offseason resign stage regression macro during the resign stage at the end of the season.
Hope that helps!
Old 03-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
First off, if you're interested in using the start today file I'd join the discord (https://discord.gg/aaJejEp) because that's where the more updated file is.
With that said, the first two progressions can really be done in any weeks you want, as long as the draft class has already been imported in week 3 (the draft class NEEDS to be loaded/finalized before using the tool for the first time in a given year). Most people do the first progression in week 3 or 4, and the second in week 8. This is up to you, though. It used to be weeks 8 and 16 as the standard I think. You can handle that however you want.
You do the offseason resign stage regression macro during the resign stage at the end of the season.
Hope that helps!
Along these lines as I've not used TDawg's tool: with the start today CFM (which begins at the superbowl), should I run the regression in first week of off season, or should I start with the progression per his instructions when I move into the 2020 season?

Downloaded the files and set myself up yesterday; really impressed with the work that was done. I may likely finish out my current CFM to get through the superbowl and start anew with the start today franchise.

EDIT: Got the answer on the Discord room. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by coach422001; 03-02-2020 at 09:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-05-2020, 10:51 AM   #39
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Do you mean an updated version of the Start Today file, or another mod? I just hopped in the Discord but couldn't find anything about an updated Start Today file if there is one. Could you post that info here if there is an updated version?
Old 03-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #40
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
Do you mean an updated version of the Start Today file, or another mod? I just hopped in the Discord but couldn't find anything about an updated Start Today file if there is one. Could you post that info here if there is an updated version?
The following is the updated StartToday.fbmod that contains ALL coach portraits:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/784du...1.1.fbmod/file

The following is the more updated Start Today Career file, that includes all of the accurate retirements. (We're looking into improving team login, franchise tag logic, retirement logic, trade logic, etc, for the franchise file and when we sort that out to a place we like, this will be updated again at some point).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Agb...ew?usp=sharing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »