Home

Mod where there is absolutely zero CPU AI or USER AI bonus: everything 100% fair

This is a discussion on Mod where there is absolutely zero CPU AI or USER AI bonus: everything 100% fair within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Mod where there is absolutely zero CPU AI or USER AI bonus: everything 100% fair

Is there such a mod anywhere? Obviously the most obvious utility for such a mod would be the CPU v CPU guys.

It's almost as if Madden is hard coded to give either the user a bonus or the CPU. If you play on All Madden, you will routinely see your offensive line whopped by the CPU defensive line, but your defensive line will be stonewalled by their offensive line. This will happen no matter what the ratings. Similarly, you'll see your AI defensive backs randomly stop in coverage or when chasing a ball carrier.

Most of the game play mods I've seen attempt to improve locomotion and things like that to make Madden more closely resemble football. But none of them seem to be primarily concerned with equalizing CPU AI and USER AI so that, for all AI interactions, only ratings matter. They seem concerned about beefing up the CPU to compensate for human intelligence, which is a fine goal in and of itself. Just not what I'm discussing here.

So, skilled modders, consider this a request. And for everyone else, if you happen to find a mod that does this, please let me know.

Obviously, I'll be trying to learn Frosty in much more detail to try to do it myself, but obviously that's going to take well in to the Madden 21 cycle. So, if you have any ideas as well, please let me know.

Thanks.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Mod where there is absolutely zero CPU AI or USER AI bonus: everything 100% fair

I would LOVE this. I absolutely hate any bonus systems whatsoever. Even "mood" or "happiness" elements.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Mod where there is absolutely zero CPU AI or USER AI bonus: everything 100% fair

My mod last year did this. I didn't create a mod this year as I didn't find M20 to be that big of an upgrade to be worth putting the effort in. I also don't think you can run online CFM's with the mods in M20 like you could in M19. That kept me away whether it is accurate or not.

― Plato
Old 02-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My mod last year did this. I didn't create a mod this year as I didn't find M20 to be that big of an upgrade to be worth putting the effort in. I also don't think you can run online CFM's with the mods in M20 like you could in M19. That kept me away whether it is accurate or not.
So conceivably one could download your mod for Frosty 2019, then manually copy every change you made, then duplicate your mod for Madden 20?

I'd probably do it. Currently I'm using Sabo's mods with a few adjustments and some slider changes. It works really well, but ideally I'd like a mod with no bonuses to CPU or Human, and I have been unable to track down all of the relevant elements (however, the pure gameplay changes Sabo makes, and animation percentage tweaks, are probably too good for me to live without).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not sure, maybe that is possible. I didn't really ever take a stab at modding M20 so I'm not too sure with what all is different. I do know that I made an effort to try and remove any bonuses either side got when making my mod and also tried to reduce the amount of "superwins" significantly.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #6
Rookie

[quote=Currently I'm using Sabo's mods with a few adjustments and some slider changes. It works really well, but ideally I'd like a mod with no bonuses to CPU or Human, and I have been unable to track down all of the relevant elements (however, the pure gameplay changes Sabo makes, and animation percentage tweaks, are probably too good for me to live without).[/QUOTE]

Hey man would you be willing to share you tweaked version of Sabo's mod??

Also what sliders did you adjust? You play Madden or All-Pro?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »