Home

Madden PC Settings for PC Newcomer

This is a discussion on Madden PC Settings for PC Newcomer within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Madden PC Settings for PC Newcomer

Admittedly, I've never gamed on PC before. But after seeing the CFBM19/20 mods for so long, I had to make the plunge and give it a try.

By no means to do I have a powerful rig -
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
  • 8.0GB DDR3 Ram
  • 27" AOC LED IPS Monitor; 16:9 Ratio; 1080p

When I boot up the game, I was trying to play around with the video picture settings to see what the highest graphic quality level I could get would be that doesn't wreck the game or make it crazy laggy. That being said, I'm getting what I would describe as horizontal "tearing" - I think that's how I've heard it described before - on some scenes. It just looks like a series of horizontal bands where the visual is noticeably glitchy. Does anyone know what would be causing that? Is it one of the settings I've changed in the video settings? Is there any kind of ideal 'bang for your buck' best settings?

Any or all help re: recommended settings is much appreciated.

Last edited by beau21; 03-23-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden PC Settings for PC Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Admittedly, I've never gamed on PC before. But after seeing the CFBM19/20 mods for so long, I had to make the plunge and give it a try.

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • 8.0GB DDR3 Ram

When I boot up the game, I was trying to play around with the video picture settings to see what the highest graphic quality level I could get would be that doesn't wreck the game or make it crazy laggy. That being said, I'm getting what I would describe as horizontal "tearing" - I think that's how I've heard it described before - on some scenes. It just looks like a series of horizontal bands where the visual is noticeably glitchy. Does anyone know what would be causing that? Is it one of the settings I've changed in the video settings? Is there any kind of ideal 'bang for your buck' best settings?

could be a gpu driver problem, you got the latest ones?
Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden PC Settings for PC Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • 8.0GB DDR3 Ram

Basically, "Tearing" is caused when the the GPU sends a picture to your monitor before it has finished showing you the last one.

To fix this make sure the "VSYNC" option is turned on. You can do this in-game or driver side. Since you're new to PC gaming I would just use the in-game option to make it easier.

(Some games have performance benefits by forcing it driver side and some games don't support it natively at all which is why forcing it is an option. Madden handles it in-game just fine though)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »