Home

This game is really pissing me off.

This is a discussion on This game is really pissing me off. within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

JNolan93's Arena

OVR: 0
This game is really pissing me off.

Hello everyone, I just want to know if Madden 20 on PC is absolute garbage for anyone else? For some reason, my game freezes for 40-60 seconds periodically and I cannot find any fix or even anyone with the same issue. It happens randomly at anytime! Once it happened while I was picking a play, the pictures disappeared and the game froze for a minute, another time it happened in the menus, I was looking at rosters and the player portraits would start to disappear, that's when I knew the game was about to freeze and sure enough it does. Today I was in the middle of a game and it froze right as I snapped the ball. It does come back but it takes a good minute, and it may not seem like a long time but it's long enough to frustrate the hell out of me.

I am so tired of this! My PC isn't bad either, it runs Madden 19 flawlessly. Is there a way to fix this issue or is this port just straight garbage? I tried disabling fullscreen optimizations, I tried setting the games CPU usage to Realtime in the Task Manager (which it won't do, it will only set it to high). Should I just uninstall this game if it's this poorly optimized?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Re: This game is really pissing me off.

Nobody else really has that problem, so it's something on your end.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

JNolan93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Nobody else really has that problem, so it's something on your end.
That's good to know, I'm glad it's something that can be fixed. It might be something about my PC, like I said my rig isn't bad, it runs most games just fine, including Madden 19 as I mentioned above, but it's admittedly not great either. Hopefully when I upgrade soon, that will solve the issue. My current CPU is an AMD FX-6300 and I only have 8GB of RAM, my upgrade will be an i7 8086k with 16GB of RAM. So hopefully that will help.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I don’t know exactly why this happened, but with Madden 20 I actually had some stutter problems until I MAXIMIZED graphical settings. Could be coincidence, but as soon as I turned everything up I was good.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNolan93
Hello everyone, I just want to know if Madden 20 on PC is absolute garbage for anyone else? For some reason, my game freezes for 40-60 seconds periodically and I cannot find any fix or even anyone with the same issue. It happens randomly at anytime! Once it happened while I was picking a play, the pictures disappeared and the game froze for a minute, another time it happened in the menus, I was looking at rosters and the player portraits would start to disappear, that's when I knew the game was about to freeze and sure enough it does. Today I was in the middle of a game and it froze right as I snapped the ball. It does come back but it takes a good minute, and it may not seem like a long time but it's long enough to frustrate the hell out of me.

I am so tired of this! My PC isn't bad either, it runs Madden 19 flawlessly. Is there a way to fix this issue or is this port just straight garbage? I tried disabling fullscreen optimizations, I tried setting the games CPU usage to Realtime in the Task Manager (which it won't do, it will only set it to high). Should I just uninstall this game if it's this poorly optimized?

Make sure you are in a game when you try to set the priority to realtime.
If you are in the dashboard, it will only set as "Above Normal or High"
I usually do it at the kick off.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »