Home

Madden 22 PC

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #89
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 22 PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubzdoomer
Has anyone else found this game to be significantly more demanding than the last several versions (going all the way back to '19)?

I'm having a really hard time maintaining 60 FPS this year, whereas in Madden 19 through 21 I could basically crank up everything except Crowd Quality and rarely if ever drop below 60.

I can't seem to figure out what's going on, because to me the graphics look virtually identical to 21 and 20.

I've also noticed the FPS Lock option just isn't working at all. Even when I tell it to lock the FPS to 60, it stays well above 60 in the menus and at times goes above 60 in-game... no idea what's up with that. The only way I can seem to truly get a 60 FPS lock is to turn on Vsync, which only makes the game that much more demanding and causes me to see even more sub-60 drops.
It's slower than Madden 21 and more system demanding on the PC from what I'm seeing.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:58 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
It's slower than Madden 21 and more system demanding on the PC from what I'm seeing.
Yeah. I literally can't do anything else on my computer when the game is running.

Everything is slow. Excel and web browsers freeze.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #91
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Opposite for me, Madden 21 did not run well at all on my PC and to get it to run well I had to turn graphics down a good bit until at that point the XSX and PS5 simply was a better alternative to play.

This year however Madden 22 runs fantastic on my system and looks a lot better than 21 as well.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #92
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Opposite for me, Madden 21 did not run well at all on my PC and to get it to run well I had to turn graphics down a good bit until at that point the XSX and PS5 simply was a better alternative to play.

This year however Madden 22 runs fantastic on my system and looks a lot better than 21 as well.
LOL..Okay
Looks are one thing, system resources are another, runs fantastic on mine also, it's just slower between menus. I ran Madden 21 on max and 22 as well.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #93
Rookie

Removed. Double posted

Last edited by fleadog99; 08-24-2021 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 08-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripkobe
Having the same problem here, been trying different online fixes for typical origin issues to no avail. Will keep you guys posted if I manage to fix it.
I'll take it there has been no progress in from anyone in getting the game to launch - hoping they will eventually patch it or a graphic driver update might sort but they don't seem interested in doing anything about it. There is a school of thought that it is a problem on some Intel processors with running the game.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:06 AM   #95
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2084
I'll take it there has been no progress in from anyone in getting the game to launch - hoping they will eventually patch it or a graphic driver update might sort but they don't seem interested in doing anything about it. There is a school of thought that it is a problem on some Intel processors with running the game.
This really rings a bell when Madden first came back to PC. Was it setting the affinity in task manager that helped? I can't recall exactly but this all sounds very familiar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 12:37 AM   #96
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2084
This sucks, I'm thankful I don't have this issue. No issues loading the game, I have an Intel processor.
I did have this problem when Madden 19 came out for the PC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »