Home

Madden 22 PC

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2021, 08:34 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 PC

Can anyone play The Yard or Superstar KO? In the Yard, click on Campaign, the menu slows to a halt. Superstar KO also the same. Becomes unplayable. JUst checking to see if anyone else has the issue. RTX3080, i9, SSD. Graphics changes make no difference.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #98
Rookie

Post Re: Madden 22 PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
This really rings a bell when Madden first came back to PC. Was it setting the affinity in task manager that helped? I can't recall exactly but this all sounds very familiar.
Might help - what do you actually do with affinity? It's more help than EA have been so far anyway
Old 08-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #99
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

Do the PC updates usually get pushed the same dates as the console updates? Just wondering.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #100
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
Do the PC updates usually get pushed the same dates as the console updates? Just wondering.
Yes pushed the same time. Well sometimes we've gotten them an hour or so before. But it's a minutes/hours difference, not days.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Datninja619; 08-27-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #101
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2084
Might help - what do you actually do with affinity? It's more help than EA have been so far anyway
Good question - maybe try and deselect some CPU cores and see how it goes? maybe I'm thinking about a performance tweak though and not what fixed this Madden 19 issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2021, 11:34 AM   #102
Rookie

I got a update the game runs ok for me but at the end of last year madden 21 ran smooth as butter. but i got a suspicion this game is optimized for windows 11 as i just installed it and it runs smoother than it ever has. its so smooth that i can see the players faces durring cutscences and make out who they are with no problems with herkey jerky eye strain the colors look better on windows 11 and the shadows and sharpness also the tackle animations are way better they dont look like the players are just falling over it seems like a whole different game also there is way more penalties using windows 11. i do not know why but wow what a difference i am seing it is almost as if the game is not broken one bit.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #103
Rookie

Anyone that's having problems with the game immediately hanging when they click play in Origin head over to the EA answers thread on this as they are taking peoples technical information to try and solve this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...0655666/page/2
Old 08-31-2021, 09:51 PM   #104
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

As a franchise mode player exclusively I think the game is fantastic. I love all the changes to franchise mode, the menus seem to flow a lot better - although they can get crowded at times! I've really enjoyed how the game plays as a whole. I think there are things that could be tuned - like the AI coverage on defense, sim stats and perhaps tuning even the rate at which quarterbacks who are considered scrambling QB's actually scramble. Other than that it's been great. By way of sliders I think we can work other issues on field right out of the gameplay. They have done a great job, I really don't care what anyone else has to say. There will always be issues and of course you don't want to let them off the hook for those issues, but it's hard not to say that this is the best madden we've had in quite some time.

Unfortunately, for me, that's all lost because I've only been able to play in short spurts when frankly, I could play for majority of my time playing games if I could get the game to work! I've officially given up on this I think. I just can't get the game to run without restarting my computer in the middle of playing or moving through menus. I'm not sure what it is at this point.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: 16 GB RAM

I'll also state that I've tested on numerous other games with no real issues to date leading up to this issue with Madden, nor any issues still while this issue is going on with Madden.
Games tested: Apex Legends, COD Black Ops & Warzone, iRacing, Madden NFL 21

Now to the issue,

The game starts fine and gets to the menus with no problem. Sometimes it will crash just a few minutes into moving around the menus, other times I can get through 1 or 2 games and it will crash during a game. Sometimes when I am in the menus and it crashes the PC, the sound will suddenly stop playing and then less than 20 seconds later the computer restarts. Otherwise there is no real telling sign that it is going to happen, it will just randomly restart my entire computer. I've tried the repair option through Origin, I've also tried completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling it twice now thinking that perhaps something was messed up with the installs. Nothing seemed to have helped.

The game runs smooth and shows no signs of frame issues, my PC temps are all up to par where they should be. I am starting to lose faith that I'll be able to get decent playing time on Madden 22. I have searched and found that this is an issue for the next gen Xbox systems, but I had not found anything about it online with the PC version.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This will be the second week dealing with this. (Yeah yeah, I'm dumb, but I keep trying to play it hoping it magically fixes itself.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »