Home

Madden 22 PC

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 22 PC

wow, this was a disappointing read.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2021, 04:51 AM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I think there is a much better chance 2K22 PC is the new code because I'm pretty sure the competitive/2K League platform is based on PC.
I just learned that 2K League literally just signed a deal with Playstation to make the PS5 the platform used for the 2K League, which is terrible news for PC NBA gamers hoping that 2K22 would be NG because up until now the competitive game was based on the PC and played on Alienware machines, and it seemed unlikely that the league wouldn't be using the NG game going forward.

Now the league is on PS5, there is no real reason they would port NG to PC. And given ~50M PC gamers in China play NBA 2K, I imagine whether it gets updated will be directly linked to whether they feel the Chinese PC gamer has the system req's for it, which is possibly impacted by the global GPU shortages. Although I really have no idea what the typical Chinese PC gamer has access to - maybe even better than average specs than other regions in today's world?

Looks like a new dark age for sports PC gamers again. This is despite MS today using building games for both PC and Xbox as a selling point for Windows 11.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the PC requirements for M22 are exactly the same than M21. So yes, old gen.

M22: https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...c-requirements
M21: https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...c-requirements

The issue I have is that, from what I heard here and there, animations are totally different, to the point that the gameplay is different. So it's not only "better graphics" (I can live without them), but "different game", so probably missing features, AI reactions, etc.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #28
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Not exactly on topic, but somewhat ties in with all this. FIFA 22 just announced with information today and it appears going by the Origin/Steam store page details (limited for now) and pictures along with the console store pages that the FIFA PC version is also not making the jump.

BUT the strange thing is that they list Stadia as having the new "HyperMotion" engine that the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S version will use. It is also in the trailer as well, so I do not think it was a mistake.

So if true, PC will technically have the newer version... but you have to play through Stadia which is unexpected and somewhat strange. Perhaps Google made a deal to make this happen and drive more users to their platform? I am just curious why that deal did not also happen with Madden, but it might help that FIFA is the more global franchise.

Here are the pages for people to see for themselves:

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-22

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/FI...ot:overviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/FI...ot:overviewtab

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1506830/FIFA_22/

What this tells me (we will know for certain once system requirements are released for the PC version, along with the Stadia store page coming up eventually), is that this may be less about PC success so far and more about hardware requirements and whether EA thinks the average player has adequate enough hardware, especially solid state drive storage.

Price may also play into it. The new versions go for $70, and if they try that with PC, it could easily not go over well at all. If they put it at the standard price, then the new console owners could feel like it is unfair they are paying a higher price for the same version. All speculation though, nobody here is going to know.

Maybe next year. The last bit of news for sports fans playing on PC will be NBA 2K, which news on that should come very soon.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Nearly every single generation jump EA has not upgraded the PC version if Fifa for multiple years. They've ways cited this is to make sure the most people possible can experience the game globally.

I think only one time did EA upgrade the game the very next year, every other gen jump they did not. That's why I was saying we should not expect Madden 22 to make the jump nor will it be surprising if 23 doesn't either.

Some people will think there is some conspiracy and EA is screwing over the PC crowd, but the truth is the average PC gamer has a 900/1000 series card and many more have even worse. Those of us with 2000 and 3000 series cards are the minority.

If it would make EA more money to upgrade the PC version then they'd do it. They have the data telling them what the specs are for their audience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-11-2021, 10:20 PM   #30
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Realistically, what happened last time around is far more relevant than counting all the older examples. PC in the past 10 years has rapidly grown. It is a different market entirely compared to in the 2000s or the 90s where there were constant articles about "the death of PC gaming" and such. We know those no longer crop up because Steam daily and monthly active users for example have continued to be extremely healthy and it likely lifts up all boats up to some extent as well (the other PC clients, like Origin) as well.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-stream-users/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...y-active-users

It is why after all those years that Madden is back on PC compared to when they stopped after Madden 08. The market is different and not really comparable to what PC gaming used to be, especially in terms of accessibility (still not quite 100% plug and play like consoles of course).

You can check the major publishers (EA, Activision, Take Two, Ubisoft, etc) quarterly earnings calls where they have slides that show PC revenue splits compared to consoles have grown as well. PC used to be treated as afterthought and while that hasn't completely gone away, it's heavily minimized.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, FIFA and NBA 2K made the jump after only a year last time around which was significant progress. That time it did not take years and years (I think to some degree especially on forums, people say things without the fully story and it gets passed around as automatic truth).

That said, I don't entirely disagree... and none of it matters if a lot of players do not have solid state storage for example. In the general hardware front, it could be argued last time around, most PC players were also not ready for NBA 2K15 and FIFA 15, but it still happened (resolution plays into it too on the performance side, newer consoles run sports titles at 4K, but plenty of PC players choose to stick to 1080p based on the steam hardware survey, and *far* less pixels to render means absolute top end hardware not required)

It does make sense why this happened but I'm still hopeful for NBA 2K22 PC version.

Last edited by m29a; 07-11-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #31
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Some people will think there is some conspiracy and EA is screwing over the PC crowd, but the truth is the average PC gamer has a 900/1000 series card and many more have even worse. Those of us with 2000 and 3000 series cards are the minority.

With that being said, the PS5 and Series X performs like a 900/1000 Series card if even that. I have both consoles and a 3090 build and a 2080 TI build and it's not even close. So much stuttering when trying to play games in 4K on Next Gen consoles.

As much money that EA makes with Madden and Fifa, it's inexcusable not to have a Next Gen port. Sure, the PC community is small, but I'm sure the golf community isn't worldwide.

If the game was built on some engine designed to take full advantage of consoles and couldn't run on PC, then I get it. I'm not attacking you, just frustrated that I have to buy the console version.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
With that being said, the PS5 and Series X performs like a 900/1000 Series card if even that. I have both consoles and a 3090 build and a 2080 TI build and it's not even close. So much stuttering when trying to play games in 4K on Next Gen consoles.

As much money that EA makes with Madden and Fifa, it's inexcusable not to have a Next Gen port. Sure, the PC community is small, but I'm sure the golf community isn't worldwide.

If the game was built on some engine designed to take full advantage of consoles and couldn't run on PC, then I get it. I'm not attacking you, just frustrated that I have to buy the console version.
The cards in the new systems are more equivalent to 2000 series cards. Performance issues this first year have more to do with how late dev kits were given out and how tough developers have said it is to work with the PS5 at the moment.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »