Home

Madden 22 PC

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 22 PC

It's not about conspiracies for me, it's just none of it really makes sense. If it isn't worth them upgrading it then why release it at all? why is that worth it? so it presumably makes some money. Maybe it takes so many years to offset the cost of the original port, and they just won't entertain it until those years are served? I don't buy the hardware angle, it will take years for the average PC to be materially different so either way it's BS IMO.

I just find it strange the same situation presents itself for all sports franchises despite varying sales levels and popularity - Madden, FIFA and NBA2K.
Old 07-16-2021, 09:52 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
It's not about conspiracies for me, it's just none of it really makes sense. If it isn't worth them upgrading it then why release it at all? why is that worth it? so it presumably makes some money. Maybe it takes so many years to offset the cost of the original port, and they just won't entertain it until those years are served? I don't buy the hardware angle, it will take years for the average PC to be materially different so either way it's BS IMO.

I just find it strange the same situation presents itself for all sports franchises despite varying sales levels and popularity - Madden, FIFA and NBA2K.
It takes way more resources to upgrade the PC version than it does to maintain status quo. Who knows if the PC version even makes a profit. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't.

Simply maintaining the game where it is now may be all the resources that get allocated to the PC version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #51
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

FWIW, when I directly asked them why they didn't upgrade PC or at least give us the option, they said it was because they were focused on making the transition to this gen with PS5 and XBox as smooth as possible, and that possible upgrades for PC may come later.

Basically, they are preoccupied with the latest consoles.

If you want to get their attention, start harassing them on twitter about it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #52
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Once They Stop Making The Game For Xbox 1 and PS4 They Will Use The Port From Xbox Series X/PS5 For PC. Hopefully We Get It Sooner, However We Should Get It At Least By Then.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Old 07-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #53
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It takes way more resources to upgrade the PC version than it does to maintain status quo. Who knows if the PC version even makes a profit. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't.

Simply maintaining the game where it is now may be all the resources that get allocated to the PC version.

Aren't all video games developed on a PC? There would be no porting or upgrading.

The reason they aren't going next-gen is that they feel there consumer base can't handle the specs and their sales would suffer.

The solution then would be to have both versions on PC (last and next gen).
Old 07-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #54
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
Aren't all video games developed on a PC? There would be no porting or upgrading.

The reason they aren't going next-gen is that they feel there consumer base can't handle the specs and their sales would suffer.

The solution then would be to have both versions on PC (last and next gen).
There's a bit more to it than that. Once resources and business objectives align to warrant PC getting the current gen version we'll get it.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #55
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I believe another factor is, not every "gaming pc" is capable of running Next Gen. How many people out there actually have RTX capable cards?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #56
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I believe another factor is, not every "gaming pc" is capable of running Next Gen. How many people out there actually have RTX capable cards?
It wouldn't require RTX cards anyways. Not everyone runs everything on Ultra, which is one of the many reasons it's not 'free' to just give us the current gen version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »