Home

Coach mode on the PC

This is a discussion on Coach mode on the PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Coach mode on the PC

I’m hoping to get input from anyone that plays Madden in coach mode on the PC. A few questions:

1) How does coach mode work on the PC vs console. For example, do you still have to control a defensive player and the kicker/punter like on the consoles?

2) Does coach mode on the PC play a realistic game of football vs consoles? For example, do the QBs scramble for both the user and cpu? Does the cpu ai play a realistic game of football in terms of play calling and time management, are penalties called, etc?

3) Which version is better for coach mode and what mods do you use?

I’ve seen several suggestions on using HC 06 or 09, but I'm not so interested in controlling all the minutia that happens during the week as I am in having a good game simulating real football.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach mode on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
I’m hoping to get input from anyone that plays Madden in coach mode on the PC. A few questions:

1) How does coach mode work on the PC vs console. For example, do you still have to control a defensive player and the kicker/punter like on the consoles?

2) Does coach mode on the PC play a realistic game of football vs consoles? For example, do the QBs scramble for both the user and cpu? Does the cpu ai play a realistic game of football in terms of play calling and time management, are penalties called, etc?

3) Which version is better for coach mode and what mods do you use?

I’ve seen several suggestions on using HC 06 or 09, but I'm not so interested in controlling all the minutia that happens during the week as I am in having a good game simulating real football.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
There's a mod for Madden 20(?) on here that enables realism for QB scrambling and things like that. For the most part it's just Madden CPU AI, not really football AI but there hasn't been a game with football AI made at the moment.

You still need to control a player on defense.

Maddens CPU playcalling and management AI are generalized to simulate real stats. So no, not realistic. Punts on 4th and inches and things of that nature.

NFL Head Coach 09 has all the things you've asked for though on the other hand. I know you said you weren't interested in the day to day HC work, but only 06 had the tedious practices. 09 just has 3 menus that pop up weekly and you choose which practices your team simulates. (Focus on stooping the run, master specific plays, gameplay against certain players or pass vs run game, etc.) The "week" takes about 2-5mins depending on if there's someone who wants to negotiate their contract.

For coach mode, HC09 deebo's Madden every time. The graphics arent as good, sometimes people think the AI is broken because of the complexity of it, and there's some straight up mishaps like Madden has (not on the same level though).

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.

Last edited by TheButter; 09-08-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the reply Butter. I posted a note over on the HC part of the forum to get more info on HC09. If you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd go over and reply to the questions I have. I see you've made several posts over in the HC forum, so you must be very familiar with the game.

Also, if anyone else has any info on playing Coach mode on Madden PC, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Thanks
Old 09-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Just started!

Ive been playing coach mode since 2002. Its a great way to enjoy the madden franchise without all the thumbjockey cheese. As far as realism goes, it all comes down to the sliders you use and the rule set youre willing to implement.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
Just started!

Incidently, im commish of a coach mode madden 22 league. We have open teams. I cant post a link yet but if youre interested dm me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 07:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjim1971
Incidently, im commish of a coach mode madden 22 league. We have open teams. I cant post a link yet but if youre interested dm me.
how do i get coach mode to work in franchise? i call the play and hike the ball but the cpu doesnt take over i have to throw etc
Old 10-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #7
Rookie

help please i cant get the qb to throw on his own like in coach mode...its making me take control
Old 10-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm on ps4--not sure if same--did you turn on "coach" mode in main menu settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »