Home

Madden 22 PC Start Today Franchise Mod/Franchise File

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC Start Today Franchise Mod/Franchise File within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-27-2021, 11:07 AM   #1
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 22 PC Start Today Franchise Mod/Franchise File

Hey everyone,

This download is exactly what it sounds like. It's a franchise file starting at the current date, but much more than that. Make sure to join the Madden Modding Community Discord (https://discord.gg/Qg6EhAp) for more information and for more mods. Installation instructions are at the bottom of this post.

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 2.7 - PLAYOFF EDITION
This download is a collaborative effort from the Madden Modding Community. Credit to Sinthros, JarekNT, Sabo, bep713, TheBleedingRed21, tmjohns18, Eli2Manningham, Aholbert32, WiiMaster, peyronnx, Chooops, Surge, Chk_nugget2, Chunt04, razzmatazz, GanjaNinja90, and Feisscrew for their contributions to the project.

Start Today.fifamod:
- Added a brand new Splashscreen featuring Mike White
- Added a new Press Start video featuring Mike White (And Zach Wilson's interceptions!)
- Added coach portraits for several new coaches

Franchise File:
- Added Eli's brand new 2023 draft class, and also added his new 2024 through 2026 classes to the download
- Added over 15 brand new Offensive/Defensive coordinators to the Free Agent coaching pool - The tool I created to do this will also be released soon!
- Handled all coach firings
- Updated ALL player ratings to be accurate, per EA's latest official update
- Updated ALL player Season/Career stats to be accurate
- All team rosters/practice squads in the franchise file are accurate as of 1/13
- Updated all player contracts and injuries

IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is intended to be used with the Progression tool, and therefore XP is turned off. Read the README for more information. The Progression Tool can be accessed in tbr-myfranchise-tool. Since we're in the PLAYOFFS now, you won't run progression until PRESEASON OF 2023. TO CLARIFY, run the Progression Tool on your franchise file in PRESEASON OF 2023 and use INITIAL PROGRESSION for 2023, and CONTINUE PROGRESSION for the years afterwards.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10fL...ew?usp=sharing

Madden Modding Community Discord Link: https://discord.gg/s9h9QXbmar

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 2.0 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.9 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.8 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.7 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.5 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.4 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.3 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.2 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.0 CHANGELOG

Spoiler

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

- Put the CAREER - STARTTODAY FRANCHISE FILE wherever your Madden 22 saves are located; By default, this will be in C:\Documents\Madden NFL 22\Saves.

Once you've put the file here, go to LOAD OFFLINE FRANCHISE in game and select the file. The default user controlled character is Andy Reid. IN ORDER TO CHANGE TEAMS, first RETIRE the Andy Reid character (he won't really retire) and select the option to create a new character. Make sure when creating your new character, you select whatever settings you prefer (Having 'Fill roster' on/off, Injuries on/off, etc).

- For the DRAFT CLASSES included in the download, you'll once again put them wherever your Madden 22 saves are located. By default, this will be in C:\Documents\Madden NFL 22\Saves. Eli's 2022 class is already loaded in by default. In future years, you can import the next draft classes in the Scouting screen by pressing left click on your controller and importing a local file.

- For the STARTTODAY.FIFAMOD file, open the latest version of the FIFA MOD MANAGER, which you can find linked in #installation-guide in the Madden Modding Community Discord (https://discord.gg/Qg6EhAp). After launching the Fifa Mod Manager and letting it find your Madden 22.exe, import the StartToday.fifamod file into Fifa Mod Manager and apply the mod. After the mod is applied, launch the game from the Fifa Mod Manager.

FAQ:

- I keep instantly crashing/I'm stuck at the start screen/I'm crashing while loading into a franchise game:
1. Delete the Madden22_orig.exe file in the game's install folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Madden NFL 22\Madden22_orig.exe.
2. Repair the game in Origin after.
3. Delete the mod data folder. Can be located inside of Local Disk > Program Files > Origin Games > Madden > Fifa Mod Data.

- Why are XP Sliders zeroed out in the Start Today file?:
This franchise file is meant to be used with TDawg's Progression Tool, available in the Madden Modding Community.
If you don't have Office 365, since the Start Today mod runs with Sabo's Franchise Mod baked in, even if you turn XP back on it won't work correctly.
The only way to get around this is to open the Fifa Editor Tool, go to Legacy Explorer, export the base league FTC file and base Tuning FTC file, reimport them,
export the project to a mod, then put that 'mod' as higher priority than Start Today in the Mod Manager. However, this means all of Sabo's logic changes will also
be reverted.

- Can I use something other than Office 365 to run TDawg's Progression Tool?
No. There are no workarounds, no other ways. You HAVE to Office 365 in order for TDawg's tool to work.
UNTESTED: There's an Excel XLookup Add-on for older versions of Excel. This MAY OR MAY NOT allow you to use TDawg's tool with older versions of Excel.
Here's the link: https://github.com/Excel-DNA/XFunctions/releases. IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU, LET ME KNOW.

- Is Sabo's Gameplay Mod necessary?
It isn't necessary but highly recommended. If you use his gameplay mod, play on ALL MADDEN, SIMULATION, DEFAULT SLIDERS (With injuries bumped up to 50).
Note: At the time of this release, Sabo's Gameplay Mod is in beta and isn't OFFICIALLY out yet

- I went to my Madden documents folder to put in (some save file/draft class/roster) and there's nothing there! Where are my saves?
By default, your Madden saves are in 'This PC > Documents > Madden NFL 22 > saves', but sometimes the save files can be stored elsewhere (Steam versions
of Madden 22 may store the saves elsewhere, I'm not sure). If you're having problems finding your save files, simply type 'Madden NFL 22'
into your Windows search bar, and one of the folders it finds will have your save files.

- Why does Bill Belichick have an inaccurate win total in his career stats?
He actually doesn't, but it displays wrong visually. The CareerWins stat only allows up to a certain value and then underflows. With that said, if you
sort by his career win percentage, that is accurate.

- Will these mods work on a pirated version of the game?
You need a legitimate copy of the game to use these mods and we will not provide support to ANYONE using pirated versions. Piracy not only hurts the devs,
it hurts the PC community getting future versions and focused updates.

- Will you include an alternate franchise file with 'That Franchise Guy's ratings at some point?
Very unlikely. Conceptually his ratings can make more sense at times, but with the way Madden is designed it doesn't work well for gameplay, ESPECIALLY with
Sabo's Gameplay mod active.

- Do you accept donations?
I make this mod as a hobby, not as a paycheck; close this file and go have fun.

Last edited by sinthros; 01-13-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Re: Madden 22 PC Start Today Franchise Mod/Franchise File

Amazing update Sinthro's. Finally started my franchise last night and it's playing very well. AI team management is noticeably better. Saw the Steelers trade away Chase Claypool to the Dolphins after they signed OBJ in the off-season, that was cool to see. A lot more trading going on in general. Overall with the Start Today, Progression Tool, Gameplay Mod, Scoreboards, etc... M22 is in really really good shape this year.

One question I have in regards to the moral system... With the USER CB Catch Allowed not working I noticed my CB's always have higher morale because they get the +1 or whatever weekly morale boost for not allowing a catch. Any way to disable that stat from having an effect on morale?
Old 01-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #3
MVP

Good afternoon. Curious to know, since the Madden PC mod community seems to have a hold on changing different aspects of the game, has anyone figured out what the sliders actually do?

This seems to be a question that has NEVER in years had a definitive answer. Unless there's something I'm missing, If these guys are under the hood, this information should be readily available. However, I go to the slider thread, and numbers are all over the place with all types of speculation.

Can we please get to the bottom of this? Is there any thread that I may have missed that has the definitive information on sliders listed. Looking at different sets, its like this guy has pass coverage at 90 and says this it, that guy has pass coverage at 20 and says that is it, come on.

Someone has to have this information. Any devs from EA have the slider effects listed anywhere? I'm simply looking for a comprehensive guide for sliders, NO speculation, kind of like an old school game instruction booklet if you will. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good afternoon. Curious to know, since the Madden PC mod community seems to have a hold on changing different aspects of the game, has anyone figured out what the sliders actually do?

This seems to be a question that has NEVER in years had a definitive answer. Unless there's something I'm missing, If these guys are under the hood, this information should be readily available. However, I go to the slider thread, and numbers are all over the place with all types of speculation.

Can we please get to the bottom of this? Is there any thread that I may have missed that has the definitive information on sliders listed. Looking at different sets, its like this guy has pass coverage at 90 and says this it, that guy has pass coverage at 20 and says that is it, come on.

Someone has to have this information. Any devs from EA have the slider effects listed anywhere? I'm simply looking for a comprehensive guide for sliders, NO speculation, kind of like an old school game instruction booklet if you will. Thanks.
Negative, the editor just has a bunch of folders with values. It has no explanation of anything. Even the the slider section has sliders that aren't even in the game itself.

Playing:
Old 01-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #5
Pro

sinthros's Arena

MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.1 - JOHN MADDEN EDITION
This download is a collaborative effort from the Madden Modding Community.
Credit to Sinthros, Sabo, JarekNT, tmjohns18, TheBleedingRed21, and m111 for their contributions to the project.

Start Today.fifamod:
- Added a retro John Madden Splashscreen
- Replaced the 'Press Start' video with the retro John Madden Splashscreen with classic Madden music
*If you're using Sabo's Beta GP Mod, make sure ST has higher priority to avoid crashing
- Replaced all XFactor Loading screens with actual photos of the XFactor players
- Changed all Quarterbacks to be the Improvisor archetype
NOTE: This improves how AI quarterbacks play. Calculations for OVR have been adjusted accordingly
- Fixed an issue related to morale with the 'catches allowed' stat
- Fixed an issue with trading players for picks
- Reverted most retirement ages
- Updated all generic coach portraits, and updated John Madden's portrait
- Updated the Panthers Stadium edgewall
- Added a small Easter Egg; Good luck finding it!

Franchise File:
- The franchise file starts in week 17, and all previous games have the accurate results/correct scores
NOTE: Player season stats are not accurate, the goal is to have them accurate for the next release
- Updated key injuries from week 16
- Globally updated certain player traits
- Updated all Auto Subs for all teams
- Added $10M to the 2022 Salary Cap
- Turned off Focus Player XP gains

IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is intended to be used with TDawg's Progression tool (in the Madden Modding Community Discord), and therefore XP is turned off.
Read the README for more information. YOU NEED OFFICE 365 OR OFFICE 2021 TO RUN TDAWG'S TOOL.
I wouldn't run the tool until the start of the 2022 season, since this current season is almost over.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ywl...ew?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 12:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
MADDEN 22 START TODAY VERSION 1.1 - JOHN MADDEN EDITION
This download is a collaborative effort from the Madden Modding Community.
Credit to Sinthros, Sabo, JarekNT, tmjohns18, TheBleedingRed21, and m111 for their contributions to the project.

Start Today.fifamod:
- Added a retro John Madden Splashscreen
- Replaced the 'Press Start' video with the retro John Madden Splashscreen with classic Madden music
*If you're using Sabo's Beta GP Mod, make sure ST has higher priority to avoid crashing
- Replaced all XFactor Loading screens with actual photos of the XFactor players
- Changed all Quarterbacks to be the Improvisor archetype
NOTE: This improves how AI quarterbacks play. Calculations for OVR have been adjusted accordingly
- Fixed an issue related to morale with the 'catches allowed' stat
- Fixed an issue with trading players for picks
- Reverted most retirement ages
- Updated all generic coach portraits, and updated John Madden's portrait
- Updated the Panthers Stadium edgewall
- Added a small Easter Egg; Good luck finding it!

Franchise File:
- The franchise file starts in week 17, and all previous games have the accurate results/correct scores
NOTE: Player season stats are not accurate, the goal is to have them accurate for the next release
- Updated key injuries from week 16
- Globally updated certain player traits
- Updated all Auto Subs for all teams
- Added $10M to the 2022 Salary Cap
- Turned off Focus Player XP gains

IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is intended to be used with TDawg's Progression tool (in the Madden Modding Community Discord), and therefore XP is turned off.
Read the README for more information. YOU NEED OFFICE 365 OR OFFICE 2021 TO RUN TDAWG'S TOOL.
I wouldn't run the tool until the start of the 2022 season, since this current season is almost over.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ywl...ew?usp=sharing
Great Work Sinthros and crew! I love the old school intro. The coach portraits are nice too and having the right OC/DC is a bonus. The 3d logos are nice too.

also...kind of unrelated, but maybe a feature request

2: Do you know what file inside the editor controls the background? I've noticed flash frames (not related to this mod) of the coach in the office in the background sometimes. This is on all versions of the game, even the next gen Xbox Series S. So, I thought maybe we can turn off the background and just have the coach again, because I liked that better than the M22 background they have.

If you don't know about either of these that's fine. Just asking. And FYI, I deleted discord again, because it was a bit much, this forum is more my speed (I'm old). lol. Thanks.

Last edited by NinjaDuder; 01-06-2022 at 01:38 AM. Reason: update
Old 01-07-2022, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Awesome mod! Everything works great except I can't see the coaches/coordinator portraits? All that shows up is the team's logo in that spot. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Old 01-20-2022, 09:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Hey Sinthros,
Just wondering, is it possible to port the franchise file to m20? what would I need to do, copy paste inside the franchise editor? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »