Home

M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

This is a discussion on M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround within the Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Yes, sorry in my head it means the same thing but I know the difference when I go to do it. Gotta work on my wording when explaining it to others because it is not quite the same thing. Lol
I'm a IT Director that has worked in IT or electronics for 30 some years now so I know sometimes your brain does things automatically that you know but does not always translate into email, conference calls or instructions because you know it so automatically it kind of doesn't get out of your brain to others. That is why we have beta testers, QA, change control validation and all that stuff. So you did a great job you just needed a beta test and feedback which I provided. Thanks again!
Old 08-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround (UPDATED)

Ok so I have done an update on the process and actually was able to simplify it some. Instead of cutting and inserting all we need to do is rename the label in Column CQ from PHCL (M19) to PLHS (M20) and then save the PLAY.csv then rename the files and import, ect.

This saves several steps and confusion. Per elguapo the column order doesn't matter so I tried it. The label name does matter as Madden 20 won't load the file if the labels doesn't match. I gave it a shot and seems to be working correctly.

If someone could try it this way and double check the rosters to verify all of the rating and attributes match up to those converted to Madden 20 when they get a chance I'd greatly appreciate it. I didn't notice anything swapped but it's obviously easy to overlook something.

Hope this makes it's even easier for everyone!

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-01-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #11
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Are you guys getting NFL players in your franchise roster with the CFBM19 roster? We’ve already got ours converted and working with franchise.. however players are missing and FAs have tons of NFL guys. There’s several issues still using this method. Check Clemson.. and let me know how many players it says on the team if you get a chance. Thanks!
Update on this I checked after the latest update to the process and I counted 72 Clemson players in Madden 19 and 72 Clemson Players in Madden 20, also counted Ohio St and the numbers matched. I believe it was 64 and 64, might be off 1 or 2 as I forgot to write down Ohio St's count.

With the update of only having to rename the label in CQ and then save it, this should prevent a mix of players from 2 diffrent rosters. In this instance we got NFL players mixed with NCAA players because we copied the contents of one roster and pasted it in to a roster that had more players than the one we just copied from. This should not happen anymore but if it does let me know and i'll look in to it some more.

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-01-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Update on this I checked after the latest update to the process and I counted 72 Clemson players in Madden 19 and 72 Clemson Players in Madden 20, also counted Ohio St and the numbers matched. I believe it was 64 and 64, might be off 1 or 2 as I forgot to write down Ohio St's count.

With the update of only having to rename the label in CQ and then save it, this should prevent a mix of players from 2 diffrent rosters. In this instance we got NFL players mixed with NCAA players because we copied the contents of one roster and pasted it in to a roster that had more players than the one we just copied from. This should not happen anymore but if it does let me know and i'll look in to it some more.
This is in franchise? No nfl players at all in FA? 72 clemson players in franchise?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #13
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

You are going to run into another issue that you may not have noticed yet: missing players. This is because EA removed several Player ID's from M19 so those players with those ID's now have nobody to replace in M20. Sort of easy fix for that, you need to copy the POID's and PGID's from the Official M20 roster into the CFBM19 roster so that every player has a for sure ID to use. Now the issue this causes is the extra ID's from the M20 roster that are not being used will cause the file to not load if you do not do something with them as you will get data errors because they do not have any data attached to them in the other columns (I fixed this by just dragging and dropping the data from a free agent over every one of them to validate it) OR if you just erase the excess, you'll have NFL guys pulled through as you are not "replacing" their data when you re-import the CSV.

Last edited by dweeks82; 08-01-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Improper wording
Old 08-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #14
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
This is in franchise? No nfl players at all in FA? 72 clemson players in franchise?
Crap, no you're right it does still bring in NFL players in to Franchise mode. I wonder if it has anything to do with the blank tables. Could be pulling data from another file that we might not have access to.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:12 PM   #15
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
You are going to run into another issue that you may not have noticed yet: missing players. This is because EA removed several Player ID's from M19 so those players with those ID's now have nobody to replace in M20. Sort of easy fix for that, you need to copy the POID's and PGID's from the Official M20 roster into the CFBM19 roster so that every player has a for sure ID to use. Now the issue this causes is the extra ID's from the M20 roster that are not being used will cause the file to not load if you do not do something with them as you will get data errors because they do not have any data attached to them in the other columns (I fixed this by just dragging and dropping the data from a free agent over every one of them to validate it) OR if you just erase the excess, you'll have NFL guys pulled through as you are not "replacing" their data when you re-import the CSV.

Good find, I will look in to it and update the process... again. We will figure this all out via team effort! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #16
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Crap, no you're right it does still bring in NFL players in to Franchise mode. I wonder if it has anything to do with the blank tables. Could be pulling data from another file that we might not have access to.
This is our thought as well. TBR and I spent a couple hours last night trying to get this to work. If you look in the FA's prior to simming preseason week one, there are no NFL guys. but as soon as you sim week one, there are a TON that get pulled in from somewhere even though they are not in the actual roster. And they are guys that I know 100% that I created NCAA guys over when I created the CFBM19 roster. TBR and I are also not getting the same NFL guys pulled through so it has to be a file somewhere that we do not have access to at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes »