Home

M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

This is a discussion on M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround within the Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #17
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

Also let me rephrase what I meant with the missing players comment: You will have NFL guys buried within individual team rosters because these ID's are now not being used(which leads to missing NCAA players) until you do the copy and paste method that I mentioned above. most teams will only have 1-2 buried within their rosters but it adds up to quite a few in total. The ID method fixes this, but it causes you to have excess which then also drags in more NFL guys lol. So I just copied over the data from a FA that was not going to be used and left them all in FA lol.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #18
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
This is our thought as well. TBR and I spent a couple hours last night trying to get this to work. If you look in the FA's prior to simming preseason week one, there are no NFL guys. but as soon as you sim week one, there are a TON that get pulled in from somewhere even though they are not in the actual roster. And they are guys that I know 100% that I created NCAA guys over when I created the CFBM19 roster. TBR and I are also not getting the same NFL guys pulled through so it has to be a file somewhere that we do not have access to at the moment.
Hmm.. if that is the case that players are being pulled from somwhere else I would assume even if we went in and edited every single player in Madden 20 the old fashioned way to match the CFB Roster or Any roster (classic, legends ect.) that we would still end up having players being pulled in to the franchise. I would say I wonder if there's a seperate file for practice squad players that only become part of the roster in Franchise mode but if I recall some of the players being pulled in were NFL Vets. Hmm..
Old 08-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #19
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
Also let me rephrase what I meant with the missing players comment: You will have NFL guys buried within individual team rosters because these ID's are now not being used(which leads to missing NCAA players) until you do the copy and paste method that I mentioned above. most teams will only have 1-2 buried within their rosters but it adds up to quite a few in total. The ID method fixes this, but it causes you to have excess which then also drags in more NFL guys lol. So I just copied over the data from a FA that was not going to be used and left them all in FA lol.

Ok question, are you guys starting from Pre-Season or Week 1?

I have been starting from Pre-Season and it seems like all of the NCAA players are on the correct teams but it is adding players to the roster.

Just tried Starting from week 1 of the Regular season and I got a different set of NFL Vets than i got starting from PreSeason. But each time I created a franchise I get the same FA's for that starting at Pre season but not at week 1.

Something I just noticed (you guys may have already noticed it) without making any changes from the conversion process yet as far as correcting ID's, is that in franchise mode it looks like ALL of this years rookies are is dumping in to FA list. (Kyler, Haskins, Wilkins, ect. all with real pictures) regardless of Pre-Season or Week 1 the rookies are always inserted into the FA list. These are likely the new IDs that weren't in Madden 19.

Also I noticed that every team in franchise mode has a 75 man roster when you start from the Pre-Season. So this might explain why players are being added to roster for me but all of the college players are there.

Where as starting Week 1 I would assume you guys are getting the 53 man roster which is dumping players from the rosters. Have you noticed if they're getting dumped into the FA list?

UPDATE TO THIS REPLY:

So here is my guess as to why you both are getting different FA pools if you are starting from week 1. If you notice it says "simulating pre-season" thus it is not eliminating the pre season but instead simulating it and changes the results of what happens as fars signings and releases, ect. However I did notice it still said simulating when i started from the Pre-Season and one time the Buckeyes/Giants started with 65 players and the next time they started with 61 players. So the only explanation I can come to is that even in that brief simulation it made roster changes.

My next task to try is to see if we give the teams a 75 man roster and start from the pre-season if it will leave the rosters alone. Gonna be later this evening before I can try that though.

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-01-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #20
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Ok question, are you guys starting from Pre-Season or Week 1?

I have been starting from Pre-Season and it seems like all of the NCAA players are on the correct teams but it is adding players to the roster.

Just tried Starting from week 1 of the Regular season and I got a different set of NFL Vets than i got starting from PreSeason. But each time I created a franchise I get the same FA's for that starting at Pre season but not at week 1.

Something I just noticed (you guys may have already noticed it) without making any changes from the conversion process yet as far as correcting ID's, is that in franchise mode it looks like ALL of this years rookies are is dumping in to FA list. (Kyler, Haskins, Wilkins, ect. all with real pictures) regardless of Pre-Season or Week 1 the rookies are always inserted into the FA list. These are likely the new IDs that weren't in Madden 19.

Also I noticed that every team in franchise mode has a 75 man roster when you start from the Pre-Season. So this might explain why players are being added to roster for me but all of the college players are there.

Where as starting Week 1 I would assume you guys are getting the 53 man roster which is dumping players from the rosters. Have you noticed if they're getting dumped into the FA list?

UPDATE TO THIS REPLY:

So here is my guess as to why you both are getting different FA pools if you are starting from week 1. If you notice it says "simulating pre-season" thus it is not eliminating the pre season but instead simulating it and changes the results of what happens as fars signings and releases, ect. However I did notice it still said simulating when i started from the Pre-Season and one time the Buckeyes/Giants started with 65 players and the next time they started with 61 players. So the only explanation I can come to is that even in that brief simulation it made roster changes.

My next task to try is to see if we give the teams a 75 man roster and start from the pre-season if it will leave the rosters alone. Gonna be later this evening before I can try that though.
Okay so this is what we are getting:
When we go into a franchise and check the rosters and FA pool BEFORE simulating preaseason week 1 there are ZERO NFL players anywhere to be found. As soon as you simulate that first week, they are pulled in from somewhere in some way. And what I have been noticing is the vast majority of them are rookies.

Remember that thing I told you I did with the FA player to take up the extra ID's? This was to try and prevent this from happening because at that point every ID would be "occupied" by a player in the roster. But yet again, as soon as you sim that first preseason week you get NFL guys (again mostly rookies) pulled through.

UPDATE for clarification: When I used that FA player to take up those excess ID's I used Jon Ryan. So in the main menu roster editor, in FA I have about 72 Jon Ryan's lmao. There are 72 extra ID's. But as soon as I simulate that first preseason week, I only have ONE Jon Ryan and all of the rookies and a handful of random vets (I am getting Golden Tate oddly even though I know for a fact his ID is being occupied, every single one is and I remember creating someone over him when I made the roster). So I am completely lost here as to what would be causing these rookies to be pulled through even though they have their ID's being occupied.

Last edited by dweeks82; 08-01-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #21
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

UPDATE: FIXED IT!

Sort of. lol. I will explain.

So I took my Jon Ryan idea to an extreme, I copied Jon Ryan over EVERY single FA in my CFBM roster. What that did was moved them ALL to punter and replaced every FA and every player that is in those excess ID's (mainly rookies) with Jon Ryan. My issue the first time was when I dragged all of his info down in the CSV to replace all of them. I accidentally selected the POID and PGID columns as well which made those all the SAME. so that is why I was getting the NFL guys dragged back in, they were not actually replaced. But now, no NFL guys! Well, kind of. this is now what I am getting.

1. ALL players are on correct teams.
2. 1,000 Jon Ryan's in FA as punters lmao.
3. There are 16 NFL players still being dragged in from somewhere and I am not sure why. BUT on a good note, they are all mostly irrelevant and low rated with the exception of Glover Quin.

These are the guys I am getting when I do this:
Glover Quin, Derrick Morgan, Rafael Bush, Josh McCown, Chris McCain, Chris Maragos, Arthur Moats, Brandon Zylstra, Aaron Burbridge, Zedrick Woods, Zane Beadles, Brandon Schwenke, Tyreke Burwell, and Mark Sanchez. Every time. But this is far better and more tolerable than what we were getting before. Why it is happening I am not sure as I literally copy and pasted the POID and PGID columns from the official M20 roster into mine and replaced every single one lol. and when I load the roster into franchise, it says it is loading the exact same amount of players that it says were replaced when I import the CSV in AMP. So really not sure why this is happening at the moment.

Also can confirm, when you get that "simulating preseason" thing you mentioned, it is not filling rosters to max.

Last edited by dweeks82; 08-01-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #22
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

So one correlation I can see from those players, 15 of 16 have since retired lol. Woods is the only one who is not retired as he is a rookie. Any ideas of what would be causing this? My roster I am using to pull ID's from is the launch roster. If they've been removed in the roster update today, I wonder if pulling those ID's instead would fix this.

UPDATE: Nevermind, that shouldn't be an issue as they are not in the roster when in the main menu. Yet they are being pulled into franchise for whatever reason.

Last edited by dweeks82; 08-01-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #23
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Unhappy Re: M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

Alright calling quits for the night but after hours experimenting here is what I can confirm as you have already mentioned most of them but I tried it a couple different ways.

Starting Point: Pre-Season
(Without replacing any POID/PGID and simply just doing the conversion)

- All CFB19 players are being pulled in to Franchise and on their correct
(I tried this several times and as long as you start in the Pre-Season All 32 teams port into Franchise correctly.)

- FA's are importing NFL Players no matter what you do, however doing it this way leaves us with a ton of NFL Players. This is happening in Madden 19 and Madden 20 so this isn't just a Madden 20 problem.

______

Trial #200
-I took both the M19 CFB19 file & the M20 Original Roster file and put them all in Excel and eliminated all of the duplicates between both rosters leaving only the Madden 20 PGID's that were not in Madden 19 which came out to 434 players including all of the rookies. (Believe you did the same thing?)

- In the csv file i then changed all 434 players to "Need Deleted" and made them all punter. Also lowered several ratings to 5 and updated their TGID to put them all on FA list.
- I then copied them into my csv with the full CFB19 - PLAY table. I notice in the db editor that the max about of players the table can contain is 3135 so I had to delete 124 FA's from the college roster. (This put my table right at 3135 players)
-I then compiled and tested the roster. Opening the roster in "Manager Rosters" (Not in franchise yet) I went to FA's and all of the guys I edited were named "Need Deleted" but their ratings hadn't changed at all. But when I loaded the roster in Franchise they were all now "5 Ovr" punters. lol

- This time I got fewer NFL players but still got a few.
- I then ranamed all of the FA's to "Need Deleted" to determine how many guys were being imported. Each time I came up with around I think 80ish NFL players coming from no where. (Tyreek Hill, Larry Fitzgerals and a couple others that were in the 80's)

- I then foud the TGID of Hill, Fitzgerald and about 10 other of the guys who were coming in from no where. I copied them from the orignal roster.csv to the test file and replaced more CFB19 FA's. I lowered their ratings and moved them to punter.

When I created a new Franchise those exact 12 players i just included and changed to be 5 OVR Punters were now right back in with their real names and ratings.

So at this point I have absolutely no freaking clue where these players are coming from or how we get rid of prior to starting a franchise. The only workaround i have come to that would work is after creating the CFB19 or CFB20 Franchise file we then would need to go in and use the HEX Editor to edit these 80ish NFL players or at least the first 10-20 that usually end up on a roster in Week 1 of the pre-season. Edit them to be crappy 5ovr punters and/or change their age 45. The team names and everything have to be changed after the Franchise is made anyways so might as well add NFL players to that list lol

Almost forgot all of the guys i renamed, i also changed their age to 45. All but about 15 completely dissapeared from the franchise after the Preseason.

Anyways I'm that's where I am at. I'm guessing since this is also happening in Madden 19, HEX editing the franchise file may be the only way to eliminate the NFL players. Probably not a huge problem people bring over classic NFL rosters since they already have NFL guys on their roster.

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #24
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Alright calling quits for the night but after hours experimenting here is what I can confirm as you have already mentioned most of them but I tried it a couple different ways.

Starting Point: Pre-Season
(Without replacing any POID/PGID and simply just doing the conversion)

- All CFB19 players are being pulled in to Franchise and on their correct
(I tried this several times and as long as you start in the Pre-Season All 32 teams port into Franchise correctly.)

- FA's are importing NFL Players no matter what you do, however doing it this way leaves us with a ton of NFL Players. This is happening in Madden 19 and Madden 20 so this isn't just a Madden 20 problem.

______

Trial #200
-I took both the M19 CFB19 file & the M20 Original Roster file and put them all in Excel and eliminated all of the duplicates between both rosters leaving only the Madden 20 PGID's that were not in Madden 19 which came out to 434 players including all of the rookies. (Believe you did the same thing?)

- In the csv file i then changed all 434 players to "Need Deleted" and made them all punter. Also lowered several ratings to 5 and updated their TGID to put them all on FA list.
- I then copied them into my csv with the full CFB19 - PLAY table. I notice in the db editor that the max about of players the table can contain is 3135 so I had to delete 124 FA's from the college roster. (This put my table right at 3135 players)
-I then compiled and tested the roster. Opening the roster in "Manager Rosters" (Not in franchise yet) I went to FA's and all of the guys I edited were named "Need Deleted" but their ratings hadn't changed at all. But when I loaded the roster in Franchise they were all now "5 Ovr" punters. lol

- This time I got fewer NFL players but still got a few.
- I then ranamed all of the FA's to "Need Deleted" to determine how many guys were being imported. Each time I came up with around I think 80ish NFL players coming from no where. (Tyreek Hill, Larry Fitzgerals and a couple others that were in the 80's)

- I then foud the TGID of Hill, Fitzgerald and about 10 other of the guys who were coming in from no where. I copied them from the orignal roster.csv to the test file and replaced more CFB19 FA's. I lowered their ratings and moved them to punter.

When I created a new Franchise those exact 12 players i just included and changed to be 5 OVR Punters were now right back in with their real names and ratings.

So at this point I have absolutely no freaking clue where these players are coming from or how we get rid of prior to starting a franchise. The only workaround i have come to that would work is after creating the CFB19 or CFB20 Franchise file we then would need to go in and use the HEX Editor to edit these 80ish NFL players or at least the first 10-20 that usually end up on a roster in Week 1 of the pre-season. Edit them to be crappy 5ovr punters and/or change their age 45. The team names and everything have to be changed after the Franchise is made anyways so might as well add NFL players to that list lol

Almost forgot all of the guys i renamed, i also changed their age to 45. All but about 15 completely dissapeared from the franchise after the Preseason.

Anyways I'm that's where I am at. I'm guessing since this is also happening in Madden 19, HEX editing the franchise file may be the only way to eliminate the NFL players. Probably not a huge problem people bring over classic NFL rosters since they already have NFL guys on their roster.

Yeah it definitely has something to do with the franchise file for sure. Because none of these guys are in the main menu roster, but once I go into franchise I keep getting the exact same 16 players. The odd thing is 15 of them just recently announced retirements, so I'm wondering if the franchise file has a set of ID's that it pulls through on load and EA has not removed these guys yet. IF that is the case, once EA removes them it SHOULD fix itself. I can confirm these guys are not in the official roster when viewing in the main menus, which leads me to believe that franchise itself has a set of ID's and players that it pulls through. Zedrick Woods is oddly not in the official roster when viewing in the main menu (undrafted safety for the Jaguars), but he is being pulled through in franchise. Which again leads me to believe what I stated above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes »