Home

M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

This is a discussion on M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround within the Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

OVR: 2
M19 to M20 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

Thanks to elguapo over on footballidiot.com I was able to compile a Roster Conversion Process to convert Madden 19 Roster files into WORKING Madden 20 Roster files.

I have tested Exhibition and Franchise mode and both are working! But there are bugs, please read the "ReadMe.txt"

I know this looks like an overwhelming process but once you do it once or twice you can knock a conversion out within a couple minutes. All of the instructions are in the readme.txt file.

READ step by step as it does take a learning process. If your converted file does not load in Madden 20 then you missed a step somewhere.

UPDATED 8/5/2019
Version 1.1

M19toM20_RosterConversion_V1.1.zip
https://trello.com/c/VCoic0yf

Also I already converted the NCAA 19 Mod Roster files for use in Madden 20 once the Mod is completed. They are below...

CFB19 Rosters
https://trello.com/c/gCNtVWYz

CFB20 Rosters (Still needs updated and tweaked but it's a starting point)
https://trello.com/c/ykkAzisH

Madden AMP Thread
https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/...128407#p128407

Madden AMP is updated to load Madden 20 roster files but you still need to follow this process in order to convert M19 rosters to M20.

Again huge thanks to elguapo and the CFB19 MOD team as they are workhorses I only determined the problem preventing M19 rosters from working correctly in M20 and then refined the conversion process and converted the CFB19 and CFB20 files.

Enjoy!

Screenshots of the working CFB19 Files. (Keep in mind the franchise still has to be HEX edited in order to have the correct teams and stadiums once the MOD is done)

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-05-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: M19 Roster Conversion & M20 Roster Editor Workaround

The Madden DB Editor 3.0 you included in your zip, is this actually an older version of the one redone by Stingray and elguapo? http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewt...p?f=13&t=21400

At least going by the timestamps on the files it seems like the one you included is older?

I found some errors in your instructions I thought I would share as it threw me off a bit when I read them and my first conversion failed. Differences between cut and copy and correct shortcut key.
These 2 steps below.

Step 14 - Hold cntrl and shift buttons and then click the down arrow on your keyboard which will highlight that entire column except the contents in Row 1. Cut (Ctrl + C) the entire contents.

Step 15 - Scroll all the way to Column FN and FO. Now right click on the contents of Column FO Row 2. It should say "PVIS". Click on "insert copied cells". All other columns should line up and matching now except for FN is renamed from PHCL (Madden 19) to PLHS in Madden 20. The data below is all correct now it's just that column got renamed.

They should read like this for it to work right.

Step 14 - Hold cntrl and shift buttons and then click the down arrow on your keyboard which will highlight that entire column except the contents in Row 1. Cut (Ctrl + X) the entire contents.

Step 15 - Scroll all the way to Column FN and FO. Now right click on the contents of Column FO Row 2. It should say "PVIS". Click on "insert cut cells". All other columns should line up and matching now except for FN is renamed from PHCL (Madden 19) to PLHS in Madden 20. The data below is all correct now it's just that column got renamed.

Once I figured out that you are cutting and inserting the cut instead of copy and paste, the roster worked fine. Your instructions threw me off because you said cut in Step 14 but then use the copy shortcut CRTL+C, then in Step 15 you said to insert copied cell which makes Excel want to move the current cells over or down instead of inserting a cut over them and replacing them.

Was able to use the converted M19 roster then for an M20 cloud franchise and it imported fine and did a 10 year SIM without issue. Thanks for the work you did on this.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-01-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Are you guys getting NFL players in your franchise roster with the CFBM19 roster? We’ve already got ours converted and working with franchise.. however players are missing and FAs have tons of NFL guys. There’s several issues still using this method. Check Clemson.. and let me know how many players it says on the team if you get a chance. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Are you guys getting NFL players in your franchise roster with the CFBM19 roster? We’ve already got ours converted and working with franchise.. however players are missing and FAs have tons of NFL guys. There’s several issues still using this method. Check Clemson.. and let me know how many players it says on the team if you get a chance. Thanks!
I only did this with one roster file I made for the Lions for M19, the first time when I did it, the roster would load but most of the players on the team where wrong and some of the columns in the roster view were messed up. That is when I figured out when I re-read the instructions that the CQ column in the PLAY csv file is getting cut and then inserted into the FO column and not copied.

Give me a roster file and I will convert if for you right fast and see if you have the same issue then you will know if its was an error in conversion or another problem.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
The Madden DB Editor 3.0 you included in your zip, is this actually an older version of the one redone by Stingray and elguapo? http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewt...p?f=13&t=21400

At least going by the timestamps on the files it seems like the one you included is older?

I found some errors in your instructions I thought I would share as it threw me off a bit when I read them and my first conversion failed. Differences between cut and copy and correct shortcut key.
These 2 steps below.

Step 14 - Hold cntrl and shift buttons and then click the down arrow on your keyboard which will highlight that entire column except the contents in Row 1. Cut (Ctrl + C) the entire contents.

Step 15 - Scroll all the way to Column FN and FO. Now right click on the contents of Column FO Row 2. It should say "PVIS". Click on "insert copied cells". All other columns should line up and matching now except for FN is renamed from PHCL (Madden 19) to PLHS in Madden 20. The data below is all correct now it's just that column got renamed.

They should read like this for it to work right.

Step 14 - Hold cntrl and shift buttons and then click the down arrow on your keyboard which will highlight that entire column except the contents in Row 1. Cut (Ctrl + X) the entire contents.

Step 15 - Scroll all the way to Column FN and FO. Now right click on the contents of Column FO Row 2. It should say "PVIS". Click on "insert cut cells". All other columns should line up and matching now except for FN is renamed from PHCL (Madden 19) to PLHS in Madden 20. The data below is all correct now it's just that column got renamed.

Once I figured out that you are cutting and inserting the cut instead of copy and paste, the roster worked fine. Your instructions threw me off because you said cut in Step 14 but then use the copy shortcut CRTL+C, then in Step 15 you said to insert copied cell which makes Excel want to move the current cells over or down instead of inserting a cut over them and replacing them.

Was able to use the converted M19 roster then for an M20 cloud franchise and it imported fine and did a 10 year SIM without issue. Thanks for the work you did on this.
Hey great catch! I will get that updated and corrected! What's funny is I originally had the correct db editor but I seen V3.0 somewhere and assumed it was the most updated version, whoops! I'll get that fixed too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

I had this problem the first time I had a working file. I noticed it in franchise because Greg Olsen was still on the panthers. This is when I realized I needed to delete all of the contents starting in row 2 in the PLAY table while working on it in excel, leaving only the labels. There was more players in the Madden 20 Original roster file than in the CFB19 Roster file front Madden 19.

I believe after I did that all of the NFL players were gone but i will check again. Also as SGMRock said above column CQ should be cut and inserted not copied and pasted.

Last edited by hhsrudy4; 08-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #7
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
I had this problem the first time I had a working file. I noticed it in franchise because Greg Olsen was still on the panthers. This is when I realized I needed to delete all of the contents starting in row 2 in the PLAY table while working on it in excel, leaving only the labels. There was more players in the Madden 20 Original roster file than in the CFB19 Roster file front Madden 19.

I believe after I did that all of the NFL players were gone but i will check again. Also as SGMRock said above column CQ should be cut and paste not copied and pasted.
Cut and Inserted
Old 08-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Cut and Inserted
Yes, sorry in my head it means the same thing but I know the difference when I go to do it. Gotta work on my wording when explaining it to others because it is not quite the same thing. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes »