Home

Madden 24 Fictional Draft Classes (Xbox Series X/S)

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Fictional Draft Classes (Xbox Series X/S) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2023, 10:37 AM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Madden 24 Fictional Draft Classes (Xbox Series X/S)

So even though I know there aren't a ton of people looking for these I still wanted to give a detailed breakdown of what you can expect from the classes. I will 100 percent be putting 20 classes together. One of the most important things in a deep franchise is balance. Over the 20 classes each position will have 8 classes at "normal" strength, 3 classes that are "very weak", 3 "weak", 3 "strong" and 3 "very strong". I didn't strategically assign them and instead used a random number website to determine the strength of each position in each class. So if you have two or three classes in a row and you're not seeing the type of talent you want at a particular position, just be patient. It's coming.

Secondly, I'm moving the big boards around a lot and I'm doing that for a couple of reasons. For starters, sometimes the projected draft round for certain positions get really crazy. In one generated class I was editing there were like 15 cornerbacks slotted for the third round. Might seem minor but that annoys me so I'll be touching that up. In addition to this, moving the big board around allows for not only the user to be draft a bust but also the CPU. The way the generated classes are set up, the first round is a little too safe in my opinion. In these classes you might scout a top 5 player that has physical traits that make scouts salivate in real life (Think JaMarcus Russell) but may end up being a 68 overall with normal development trait. As I’ve always stated in my 2k classes, the draft should be exciting and scary. Especially the first round.

I also think that there’s not enough good players in the later rounds. I’m not saying that you are supposed to find Antonio Brown or Tom Brady type players in the late rounds every year but the draft is more than just the first round. There are highly productive players that are drafted in the later rounds. Look at the real life leaders below in some of these different statistical categories:

Rushing Yards
Christian McCaffrey/ 1st Round
Zack Moss/ 3rd Round
D’Andre Swift/ 2nd Round
Raheem Mostert/ Undrafted
Derrick Henry/ 2nd Round

Receiving Yards
Tyreek Hill/ 5th Round
A.J; Brown/ 2nd Round
Stefon Diggs/ 5th Round
Puka Nacua/ 5th Round
CeeDee Lamb/ 1st Round

Tackles
Zaire Franklin/ 7th Round
T.J. Edwards/ Undrafted
Foyesade Oluokun/ 6th Round
Roquan Smith/ 1st Round
Bobby Wagner/ 2nd Round

Sacks
Danielle Hunter/ 3rd Round
T.J. Watt/ 1st Round
Myles Garrett/ 1st Round
Maxx Crosby/ 4th Round
Khalil Mack/ 1st Round

Interceptions
Geno Stone/ 7th Round
Paulson Adebo/ 3rd Round
Daron Bland/ 5th Round
Steven Nelson/ 3rd Round
Jordan Whitehead/ 4th Round

With that being said, I want to make sure that there is talent everywhere. Obviously, the late rounds won’t be full of starters and players that can put up numbers but they will be there so every pick will be valuable and it will be worth it to scout those late round/undrafted guys cause ya never know….

Lastly, I also wanted to give some attention to the frequency of studs and busts in the first round so I used some data I collected previously over the span of ten drafts so that I can mimic this in the game. I’ll post the stats below. Basically, in these classes (like real life), if you are looking for a QB or DE in the first round, you are more likely to draft a bust than you are with other positions like TE or ILB. If you draft a center in these classes you can almost be guaranteed that he will at the very least, be average or better. For anyone wondering, I used the “Draft Hit, Miss or Meh” videos on the NFL Throwback YouTube channel to come up with these numbers. Decent videos by the way. Check em out if you are bored.

QB - Great/Good (28%), Average (33%), Bad/Bust (39%)

HB - Great/Good (42%), Average (20%), Bad/Bust (37%)

WR - Great/Good (40%), Average (34%), Bad/Bust (26%)

TE - Great/Good (30%), Average (50%), Bad/Bust (20%)

OTackle - Great/Good (36%), Average (34%), Bad/Bust (30%)

Guard - Great/Good (31%), Average (38%), Bad/Bust (32%)

Center - Great/Good (22%), Average (78%), Bad/Bust (0%)

DE - Great/Good (23%), Average (37%), Bad/Bust (40%)

DT - Great/Good (36%), Average (28%), Bad/Bust (36%)

OLB - Great/Good (38%), Average (26%), Bad/Bust (36%)

ILB - Great/Good (42%), Average (32%), Bad/Bust (26%)

CB - Great/Good (23%), Average (42%), Bad/Bust (35%)

Safety - Great/Good (35%), Average (38%), Bad/Bust (27%)

The gamertag and file names can be found below and will up updated as I continue to finish them.

Gamertag - CWSAPPTEC

Class 1 file name - DC1

Class 2 file name - DC2

Class 3 file name - DC3

Class 4 file name - DC4

Class 5 file name – DC5

Class 6 file name – DC6

Class 7 file name – DC7

Class 8 file name – DC8

Class 9 file name – DC9
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by CWSapp757; 12-11-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2023, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 Fictional Draft Classes (Xbox Series X/S)

Absolutely interested Sapp! Especially since I'll be getting back into Madden 24 content creation again!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-11-2023, 11:53 AM   #3

CWSapp757's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Absolutely interested Sapp! Especially since I'll be getting back into Madden 24 content creation again!

My dawg. Hope all has been well bro. Shoot me a text sometime this week if you still got my number.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
My dawg. Hope all has been well bro. Shoot me a text sometime this week if you still got my number.
Most definitely! Things have been as ok as they can be. Nothing too crazy Assuming your number hasn't changed I still got it homie so I'll hit you up.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-12-2023, 11:23 AM   #5
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Sapp whats up bro..Man I haven't bought Madden but you put your Sim Work together I'm playing it and I'm all in. Your classes make a person go deep into these players careers.. Nothing like it bro.Cant wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 12:36 PM   #6
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Would love to get some high quality fictional classes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2023, 11:50 AM   #7

CWSapp757's Arena

Alright bet. Like I said, this won't be as detailed as some of my previous projects but I'll do enough editing to add some realism to the classes. My biggest goal is to create classes where you can realistically improve your team's depth with smart late round picks and potentially ruin your team's future with bad first round picks. I'll update the initial post shortly with more details about how I approach editing so you know what you're getting into if you use these. If you just want to jump into using the classes though the first four classes are available:

Gamertag - CWSAPPTEC

Class 1 file name - DC1

Class 2 file name - DC2

Class 3 file name - DC3

Class 4 file name - DC4

Last edited by CWSapp757; 10-18-2023 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2023, 12:02 PM   #8

CWSapp757's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Alright bet. Like I said, this won't be as detailed as some of my previous projects but I'll do enough editing to add some realism to the classes. My biggest goal is to create classes where you can realistically improve your team's depth with smart late round picks and potentially ruin your team's future with bad first round picks. I'll update the initial post shortly with more details about how I approach editing so you know what you're getting into if you use these. If you just want to jump into using the classes though the first three classes are available:

Gamertag - CWSAPPTEC

Class 1 file name - DC1

Class 2 file name - DC2

Class 3 file name - DC3

Oh yeah. Also I'm hearing that almost all QBs are playing 17 games and therefore leading to inflated QB stats each season. Would you guys be interested in me lowering the injury slider of QBs in the draft class to 50?

When I tested with the default roster having QBs at 50 injury rating I was seeing a little more than half of the starting QBs starting all 17 games which is more realistic than what I was seeing (In real life during the 2022 season, only 17 QBs started 15 or more games and only 8 started all 17. In 2021 only 18 QBs started 15 or more games and only 11 started all 17 games).

So wanted yalls opinion on if you wanted me to lower the QB injury rating in the classes or leave it alone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »