Home

Madden 23 Authentic Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Authentic Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2022, 02:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 23 Authentic Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba69
Really like the roster, IMO the best out there. I went through the ratings changes and in most cases I thought this looks right. I am using it for my franchise.
Great job!
Thanks for the kind response! It’s a bit of a bummer to have more dislikes than likes, but based on what I see on here, it seems like people like it.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:54 AM   #10
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Interested in downloading a Roster that combats the Interception issue, is this roster that specifically does that?
Old 09-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Interested in downloading a Roster that combats the Interception issue, is this roster that specifically does that?

It should help out quite a bit. From my experience part of the problem was that most DBs had play ball to “aggressive” and this roster has that trait adjusted to either balanced or conservative.

I think he also adjusted the catch ratings for DBs.

Yuri, have you made any edits to the roster since you originally posted it in the vault?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2022, 11:53 PM   #12
Rookie

Yes. Adjusted some ratings based on the first two weeks. Mostly QB placement. I’m not sure how much I want to adjust players this season (specifically rookies) but I’ll play it by ear. Did a season and the interceptions were definitely happening less often. Playball trait seems to help. Just need to better figure out which players deserve which traits. Conservative players still can get interceptions which is good to see.

To answer your question, I haven’t really messed with catching lately, though I’m considering lowering it for most LBs.

Might also do more QB injury tweaking. Definitely getting more injuries league wide, but I’m seeing guys like Kyler Murray getting season long injuries too often. Maybe I’ll look at toughness, so we get more injuries, but for less time.

Would love to hear some feedback. Want this to be a good roster for the community.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:57 AM   #13
Rookie

Put out another update tonight to further tackle the interception issue. Worked on catching for DBs and LBs. 80 is the absolute ceiling for DBs and 70 is the ceiling for LBs.

Most top LBs have conservative trait. Same with CBs. No LB should have aggressive trait. Kevin Byard, Marcus Williams (Yes I’m a biased Ravens fan), J.C. Jackson, Xavien Howard, and Trevon Diggs are the only DBs with the aggressive trait.

My only disclaimer is that I’ve done this with all players over 70 because I’m getting legitimate burnout. I definitely looked over some in the 60s, but it was mainly rookies and young players. There still might be some really low rated players with aggressive traits; however I tried to do the top 4-5 corners for most teams and top 2 FS and SS.

Most importantly, I would really love feedback so I can improve upon things I didn’t do so well. It saddens me to see a fair amount of dislikes and I want to do the best I can for the community.

Next thing I want to fix is toughness for QBs who are getting injured far too long. I honestly might fix this very soon, so it probably might be done before most people see this message.

Again, thank you all (:

Edit: Toughness and injury ratings have been tweaked for the lowest rated QBs to decrease long term injuries. The goal was to always have more 1-4 week injuries (for the more injury prone QBs) and I’m hoping these changes do better at creating that.

Last edited by yurivexen; 09-22-2022 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:17 AM   #14
Rookie

Awesome roster. Can you add LB Darien Butler and Luke Masterson to my beloved LV Raiders? Thank you.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:42 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Are there any Xbox roster files similar to this one with LBs and Dbs catch ratings lowered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2022, 01:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoodman180
Awesome roster. Can you add LB Darien Butler and Luke Masterson to my beloved LV Raiders? Thank you.
Sure thing (:

I do wish I could have used the Dustin’s week 1 roster as my template , so most of the udfa are there. Unfortunately, the game is usually broken for the first month or two and working on rosters gives me something to do before title updates come out.

I’m always happy to add players in. Especially if there are any stand out players in the nfl who aren’t on my roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »