Home

Madden 25 - PS4 FBGratings Roster Project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 - PS4 FBGratings Roster Project within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #49
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden 25 - PS4 FBGratings Roster Project

Yeah, I'm pretty much awaiting Madden NFL 15 at this point rather than proceeding with anything more in Madden 25.

The one thing I'm weighing in my mind right now is whether I want to spearhead the roster project just using the ratings straight from the web site (which use the full 0-100 scale for each rating and produces widely spread OVR ratings, regardless of any effect on CFM; this is the "equal interval" scale) or to scale up the data manually on my own as was done in May / June as to make the ratings useable in CFM (this is the "true mean" scale). I've got some ability to transform the data to that end and could produce a file for people to go off of, and I'm very much a CFM-oriented player in the first place which would increase my motivation to get the file done, haha.

Any thoughts on this? What would you all rather help produce?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #50
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, I'm pretty much awaiting Madden NFL 15 at this point rather than proceeding with anything more in Madden 25.

The one thing I'm weighing in my mind right now is whether I want to spearhead the roster project just using the ratings straight from the web site (which use the full 0-100 scale for each rating and produces widely spread OVR ratings, regardless of any effect on CFM; this is the "equal interval" scale) or to scale up the data manually on my own as was done in May / June as to make the ratings useable in CFM (this is the "true mean" scale). I've got some ability to transform the data to that end and could produce a file for people to go off of, and I'm very much a CFM-oriented player in the first place which would increase my motivation to get the file done, haha.

Any thoughts on this? What would you all rather help produce?
I think you are misunderstanding both scales. The OVR ratings are just a byproduct of the way that the attributes are attained. So trying to get to a set OVR is actually the opposite of what both systems at FBG have done. The equal interval sets the highest to 99 and lowest to 0 for any attribute, regardless of position. The true mean system adds a third point that coincides with the average for any attribute, which skews the regression toward the mean and away from the line drawn by the maximum and minimum points. The OVRs are a simple result of the values of the attributes.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-21-2014, 01:12 AM   #51
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

@DCEBB - I think my wording may have been imprecise. I understand that the OVR value is derivative from the other ratings, and that FBGratings rates the players based solely on their scouted skills and the OVR rating calculation is left to fall wherever it may. To the extent of football gameplay I don't really care about the OVR rating.

The reason I remain concerned with the OVR rating is because it's my strong impression that that rating along with player age is what drives the CPU roster management logic within Connected Franchise. The true mean ratings from your site from back in May (the ones I play tested for a good bit) resulted in higher in-game OVR ratings across the board with which to drive that logic compared to the equal interval set on your site now (which remains more true to your primary source data, I would assume), so my guess is that it'd be more likely to cooperate for the first few years of CFM at least before rookies disrupt the player pool but so much. In Madden 25, at least, it's my strong impression that rookies aren't rated the same way Donny Moore rates players just from eyeball observation, so it may cooperate better than expected.

To the extent that your site now provides only the equal interval ratings as that more truly maps with the scouting data you are provided, I was simply planning on transforming the mean and standard deviation for certain "intangible" ratings per-position (i.e. not SPD / STR / AGI / ACC) from what currently exists to that of Madden 15's default roster set. That doesn't appear to match how you generated the true mean ratings in the first place based on what you describe. However, absent the knowledge of how you create the true mean ratings, it was the best thing I could think of to do to raise the OVR rating to something the GM AI would cooperate while keeping individual player ratings true to your original source data (relatively speaking).

I'm plenty open to discussion on this, maybe you can tell me if my line of thinking for my set of concerns is misguided, if there's something better I can do, or if I'm fundamentally against the mission of FBGratings too much with what my aim is. Ideally I'd like to have something driven from your data which can be used in all modes of the game, but if that's not possible then I won't worry about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

I may have misunderstood what you said CM but are you talking about taking his ratings and trying to scale them a little differently so that they will mesh better with the draft classes in a CFM?

For example, say the fastest player on his site is 90 Speed 95 Acc. (Just pulling #s for the example) But in the context of a CFM once draft classes start coming through that player would be nothing special speed wise which is why you want to try and scale them a little differently?

I may be way off was just a little confused by your post on the last page. But if what I was trying to get at is what you were talking about I think its a good idea if you were able to figure out a way to make it work

I didn't have 25 but I have read on here that the FBG ratings dont work well with CFM because of the Draft Classes. If they do transition fine and im way off let me know

Last edited by BDaniels20; 08-21-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

@BDaniels - yeah, that's exactly what I'm getting at, though I wouldn't be focusing on the physical ratings as much as the position-specific ratings. The re-ratings provided by FBGratings really make the actual football gameplay much better IMO (based on my experience with using them in Madden 25), but using them in Connected Franchise is a nonstarter because rookies will quickly overtake current players on the depth chart and contract logic will very likely get screwy.

The differences in ratings philosophy is a secondary concern of mine to the core functionality of the mode, though if they are too divergent that's obviously going to be a problem as well. I'll probably want to see some Madden 15 generated draft classes before I know if this is possible to do effectively, but it's something I definitely want to look into.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #54
Rookie

Not much of a stats guy

But if you need help inputting into the game once you get everything set id be more than willing to help.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #55
Rookie

would this roster update work with the european version of Madden (PS4)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #56
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nequeo
would this roster update work with the european version of Madden (PS4)?
I have absolutely no idea either way. Sorry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »