Home

Mizzou24s 53 man roster update

This is a discussion on Mizzou24s 53 man roster update within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #441
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mizzou24s 53 man roster update

Alright got some more teams fully updated. I did, however, run into some issues with the Patriots. They've got about 5-6 reserves in Free Agency, as well as LeGarrette Blount, due to exceeding cap. I'm working on a workaround for this to get the roster ready for release.

Bolded teams are completed:

Quote:
TEAMS COMPLETED:
Bears
Bengals
Bills
Broncos
Browns
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Chargers
Chiefs
Colts
Cowboys
Dolphins
Eagles
Falcons
49ers
Giants
Jaguars
Jets
Lions
Packers
Panthers
Patriots

Raiders
Rams
Ravens
Redskins
Saints
Seahawks
Steelers
Texans
Titans
Vikings
Going to get those last 7 done tonight most likely. Unfortunately, I do have some other things to do with the roster after all teams are complete, but it shouldn't take too long. Roster will most likely be released tomorrow; Tuesday at the latest. After release, Mizzou will be working on ratings.

Taking a little break to get prepped for The Walking Dead!

Stay tuned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 03:43 AM   #442
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Done! Have to do transactions for the last week, but other than that, roster is nearly complete!

Here's the crazy long amount of fixes needed before release (with explanations in BOLD):

Spoiler

NO, I WILL NOT BE CREATING EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT IS MISSING. I will create a few though that I feel will be impact players for their teams (Colts' WR Duron Carter, Redskins' WR Jerry Rice Jr, etc.). If Mizzou wants to create more, that's completely up to him. I for one am not since I'm willing to bet most will be Free Agents by kickoff next season.

Teams that still have players in Free Agency that shouldn't be will get quick contract checks. If any contracts are out of the ordinary, I will find a way to edit them down so I can add as many players as possible. I will do my best!

Stay tuned!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #443
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Alright everyone that's following this thread. I need your opinion on something. As the roster sits, there are quite a few discrepancies like players in Free Agency who shouldn't be. I tried a few workarounds and got minimal results. So here's where we're at, and the question I have for you:

Would y'all be ok if I took a big contract on the team missing players, edited him to Punter, released him, re-signed him, then assigned him back to his original position? This would cause his salary to dip to around $760k, making enough room to sign the leftover players. Only issue is the salary would be inaccurate. But at least that team would have all of their signings, right? For example, the Redskins are in BAD SHAPE. They need to be fixed bad. But there isn't enough cap room to make these changes.

Let me know what you think.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #444
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree that the contract workaround you're proposing is probably the only reasonable solution...

The question is:

Who do you choose?

Ideally, it would be a mid tiered OVR in the final year of a contract / at a position that isn't a "natural" scheme fit for that team...

That way, they'd prob hit FA sooner than later and their value would be re-established on the open market, correct?

There's plenty of overpaid role / bench players in the NBA, but I'm not sure if there's enough of that kind of "dead money" to play with here...
Old 02-10-2015, 04:20 AM   #445
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I agree that the contract workaround you're proposing is probably the only reasonable solution...

The question is:

Who do you choose?

Ideally, it would be a mid tiered OVR in the final year of a contract / at a position that isn't a "natural" scheme fit for that team...

That way, they'd prob hit FA sooner than later and their value would be re-established on the open market, correct?

There's plenty of overpaid role / bench players in the NBA, but I'm not sure if there's enough of that kind of "dead money" to play with here...
Yeah some mid-level player being overpaid will probably be my choice. I guess we'll see. I'll get to work on it tomorrow for release!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 PM   #446
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Alright guys. I've been sick the past few days, but it's really hit me hard today. Have a doctor's appointment at 3pm CST. Not sure if I'll get to the roster today. If I don't go to work tomorrow, I'll maybe get to it then depending on how I feel.

Yay for sickness.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 PM   #447
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Done. Haven't created any players. Just wanted to get this released.

Updates to come will be ratings (Mizzou) and transactions (Me) updates.

Starting a new thread right now. Will post the link when it's complete with all the information and where to download.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #448
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oster-ps4.html

^There's the new forum thread. Go there for more information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »