Home

Classic rosters

This is a discussion on Classic rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Classic rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
I'm entirely new to this forum, so please forgive any procedural errors. For some reason the site won't let me create a new thread, though I can reply to an existing one; this thread seemed like the likeliest place for my post anyway.

I have been messing around with classic rosters for a few years in a row now, but I've never managed to finish a set; 50+ players per team for 30 teams is a LOT of players to edit/create.

This year, I am determined to finish. Well... at least to try to finish. Two questions:
I can't speak for anyone else in regards to time frame but I know for me personally it took me almost close to two years to finish my 1990's All Decade File
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...playbooks.html

I started working on the file using Madden 13 and luckily someone was kind enough to convert the file to Madden 25 other wise I wouldn't have finished the project because I refused to start all over again.

I'm much like you I prefer to create entire squads and I won't leave off Long Snappers or backup players even if they didn't play much....

I'm very detailed oriented and I'll research just about every player on the roster which is why there's no way I could get a file out in less than 6 months that would never happen with the amount of time it takes to 1st gather information then rate the players.

The problem with Madden is that EA doesn't allow you to edit existing players appearance, height or weight.....

If they did that then creating 30 teams + 50 players per team would go much quicker for me.....

I very rarely create a player using a CAP because I hate seeing a 30 year old veteran player being listed as a rookie....So only as a last resort will I use CAP's.

I heard this years game is amazing and the graphics are top notch but I've been fighting the urge to even open up my Madden 15 do to other roster commitments right now...

Chances are by the time I even get the urge to start creating teams again I wouldn't have it done until Madden 16 releases and hopefully there would be away to convert rosters by that time.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #10
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I used to do #2 with 2K5 all the time...but that's just my preference. I also did some single season rosters...but I always enjoyed the great teams roster...like 66 Packers, 86 Giants, etc.

C
I remember these.....they were awesome dude!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
I remember these.....they were awesome dude!
Thanks! I miss that game but having the classic teams in Madden 15 with these graphics and gameplay would be incredible. I am trying to muster the energy. A long cold winter is coming so that may help...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

so in this years madden we are not limited as far as creating classic rosters? like i wanted to re-do 1998? 1972 ? we could ? even with players that needed to be created we wouldnt run out of room ?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
so in this years madden we are not limited as far as creating classic rosters? like i wanted to re-do 1998? 1972 ? we could ? even with players that needed to be created we wouldnt run out of room ?
I haven't run into a cap yet. The only annoyance, though, is that all created players are rookies, which bothers my OCD. I'm solving it by editing existing players with the right amount of experience (who are roughly the right height and weight - it's like a really tedious jigsaw puzzle) into the players I want.

I think I have a cool concept, and I started on my roster set last night. Just to reiterate, if anyone wants to team up on this, it will drastically increase the chances they'll someday be done.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #14
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
I haven't run into a cap yet. The only annoyance, though, is that all created players are rookies, which bothers my OCD. I'm solving it by editing existing players with the right amount of experience (who are roughly the right height and weight - it's like a really tedious jigsaw puzzle) into the players I want.

I think I have a cool concept, and I started on my roster set last night. Just to reiterate, if anyone wants to team up on this, it will drastically increase the chances they'll someday be done.
well thats's good to here i will go ahead and get started then on my project, i'm not to concerned about age limit, being what i'm working on will not be franchise ready, just woud have to turn trades off i'd imagine. but it will be 32 single season ready. thank you for helping me out with that.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love to see the 1987 roster. I loved Tecmo, but this was also the last year my beloved Cardinals were in St. Louis, Bo Jackson was in the NFL and the BOZ was in his rookie season in Seattle!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Storms and fcf:

What teams or season are you guys doing?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »