Home

Classic rosters

This is a discussion on Classic rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Classic rosters

Who did the Alltime15 rosters on Share for PS4? They are not totally done but the teams I have looked at look great!

C
Old 10-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #50
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Who did the Alltime15 rosters on Share for PS4? They are not totally done but the teams I have looked at look great!

C
How do they play? Everyone a 99?
Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Yes...many 99's but I was just talking about the visual updates (appearance, equipment, etc)...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
All 99's just makes it appear as if teams have no weaknesses which shouldn't be the case.

The Rams of the 90's had an explosive offense worthy of 99 but their defense wasn't that great.

The Bucs of 99 had a great defense but their offense was limited

Too often you see guys creating teams 99 overall just because they were classic teams or players and they don't realize you can get a player rated in the 80's to perform well on the field if you assign the proper ratings to what he was good at during his career.

That is the beauty of Madden it allows you to set tendencies and ratings...

I can show videos of dozens of players from Madden 25 who are not 99 overall rated players doing their jobs on the field effectively.

RB's with speed ratings ranges from 76-82 and they still get the job done because there are other ratings in Madden that allows you to offset the speed rating being the # rating for every player.

Take a look at tommycoa's depth charts on his Legends rosters that is a prime example of how players can be good on the field without inflating their ratings just because your creating a classic team....

Guys like Jerry Rice, Earl Campbell, Gayle Sayers and Michael Irvin weren't speed demons yet you consistently see those guys rated 90+ in speed with classic rosters which shouldn't be the case because the game can be edited using other ratings prevalent to those players to make them still have a huge impact on gameplay without being rated 90 or higher for speed.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #53

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Yes...many 99's but I was just talking about the visual updates (appearance, equipment, etc)...

C
Thanks, I'll check 'em out.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #54
Banned

Playmakers,

I agree 1000%. It's good to at least find a roster set to edit from to adjust. But you are correct...playing with a team of mostly 99's is not realistic...fun for many...but not realistic.

C
Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #55

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Playmakers,

I agree 1000%. It's good to at least find a roster set to edit from to adjust. But you are correct...playing with a team of mostly 99's is not realistic...fun for many...but not realistic.

C
Things would be awesome if we could edit height, weight, and faces. I can see what he did, as he tried to match height and weights of existing players and edit everything else, and while admirable, I would rather create from scratch. That is not to say I may try my hand at his method.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Things would be awesome if we could edit height, weight, and faces. I can see what he did, as he tried to match height and weights of existing players and edit everything else, and while admirable, I would rather create from scratch. That is not to say I may try my hand at his method.
does anyone have any videos of the classic teams in action for Madden 15???

I stumbled upon of some videos on youtube with dozens of highlights of teams for APF 2K8.

I could never really get into that game....but the highlights I saw with the classic teams looked really good.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »