Home

Classic rosters

This is a discussion on Classic rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Classic rosters

Anyone doing any real team (not alltime greatest players) Classic rosters this year? Like the 66 Packers...77 Cowboys...67 Rams...86 Giants...85 Bears...89 49ers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Classic rosters

I was hoping that rosters could be converted over to Next Gen because I had an entire 1990's decade file with individual teams.

That file took me almost 2 years to complete every team because EA refuses to allow us full editing options in the game for current players and hate using created CAPS because it makes all players rookies.

I'm currently working a very large 80 team classic roster set in NCAA 14 and I'm not sure if I would have the patience to restart the process all over for Madden Classic teams.

I might just wait for someone to create the teams and then edit them with my own ratings because starting from scratch again would be a pain in the rear end.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Banned

I hear you on that!! I think I have been doing the same teams over and over again since 1995 or so! For Madden and 2K5. It does burn you out...ugh...
Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I hear you on that!! I think I have been doing the same teams over and over again since 1995 or so! For Madden and 2K5. It does burn you out...ugh...
It does, doesn't it? Would be hella cool if Madden or 2K allowed you to bring your rosters (and shoes/gear) from previous games to their newest games.

- Michael Jordan
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I am working on 78 Cowboys/Steelers/Redskins/Raiders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm entirely new to this forum, so please forgive any procedural errors. For some reason the site won't let me create a new thread, though I can reply to an existing one; this thread seemed like the likeliest place for my post anyway.

I have been messing around with classic rosters for a few years in a row now, but I've never managed to finish a set; 50+ players per team for 30 teams is a LOT of players to edit/create.

This year, I am determined to finish. Well... at least to try to finish. Two questions:

First, I have two different ideas regarding the rosters:
1. The first would be a re-creation of the 1987 NFL season, but with expansion versions of the Panthers, Jaguars, and Ravens added in. I thought 1987 would be interesting, both because in real life the players' strike made the outcome of that season sort of questionable and because it's the season on which the first football video game I ever played (the original Tecmo Bowl) was based.

2. Alternately, I had thought about creating a historical league with a different season's roster for each team - but not necessarily taking all great teams. So there might be the '86 Giants and the '93 Cowboys... but also the '76 Bucs, who went 0-14, or a few 8-8 teams, or so on. This would get a lot of teams from different eras matched up against one another, but still have a league that reflects real competitive balance where some teams are great and others terrible.

Any collective thoughts on which of these would be more fun to play?

And while I'm at it, I'm looking for a few partners to help make this happen - like I said, it's incredibly time consuming and if there were two or three others working in parallel we'd have a better chance of getting a usable roster finished before the football season is.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Banned

I used to do #2 with 2K5 all the time...but that's just my preference. I also did some single season rosters...but I always enjoyed the great teams roster...like 66 Packers, 86 Giants, etc.

C
Old 09-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

so in this years madden we are not limited as far as creating classic rosters? like i wanted to re-do 1998? 1972 ? we could ? even with players that needed to be created we wouldnt run out of room ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »