Home

1983 Season!!!

This is a discussion on 1983 Season!!! within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1983 Season!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Absolutely. After I do my research on that year and all the generic playbooks I will assign. I will post what I did for every team.

Thanks Armor. You are the shiznit!!
Old 11-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

ive come up with an idea that might be fun to try. I'm going to choose a team and play "play now" games that mimic the 1983 schedule of that team. have to rely on Internet to find weather/temp conditions for each game. then once all 16 games are completed (and ive recorded stats/wins/losess/etc in a notebook) I will compare my team's results to the actual final standings in 1983. if my team's record would have qualified for the playoffs I will play those games too. it may be fun to see if I can rewrite history for my team. thx for the hard work you've done on these rosters
Old 11-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
ive come up with an idea that might be fun to try. I'm going to choose a team and play "play now" games that mimic the 1983 schedule of that team. have to rely on Internet to find weather/temp conditions for each game. then once all 16 games are completed (and ive recorded stats/wins/losess/etc in a notebook) I will compare my team's results to the actual final standings in 1983. if my team's record would have qualified for the playoffs I will play those games too. it may be fun to see if I can rewrite history for my team. thx for the hard work you've done on these rosters
Sounds like a cool project Celtic. Let me know how it comes out!! BTW, I'm guessing your gonna be the Pats??
Old 11-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

obviously my inclination is to use the pats. I'm remember being 9 years old and watching Tony eason/grogan in that era...... I may shake it up and go with another team. considering SD with fouts, Winslow, joyner, etc.... any suggestions which may make for an interesting project?
Old 11-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #21
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Will check these out right away. Thanks for all the work man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I will post all head coaches, team playbooks today at some point. I am using profootballreference.com for all the statistical data.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Ok here is your 1983 Head Coach and generic playbook guide. Some teams we will use the legend coach available already in the game. For all expansion teams use their current coach and playbook

Dolphins - Don Shula - Pass Bal - 3-4

Cardinals - Jim Hanifan - Bal - 4-3

Falcons - Dan Henning - Pass Bal - 4-3

Bills - Kay Stephenson - Pass Bal - 3-4

Bears - Mike Ditka - Ditka - Ditka

Bengals - Forrest Gregg - Run Bal - 3-4

Browns - Sam Rutigliano - Bal - 3-4

Cowboys - Tom Landry - Landry - Landry

Broncos - Dan Reeves - Bal - 3-4

Lions - Monte Clark - Run Bal - 4-3

Packers - Bart Starr - Bal - 3-4

Colts - Frank Kush - Run Heavy - 3-4

Chiefs - John Mackovic - Pass Bal - 3-4

Vikings - Bud Grant - Bal - 3-4

Patriots - Ron Meyer - Bal - 3-4

Saints - Bum Phillips - Run Bal - 3-4

Giants - Bill Parcells - Bal - 3-4

Jets - Joe Walton - Bal - 4-3

Raiders - Tom Flores - Flores- Flores

Eagles - Marion Campbell - Bal - 3-4

Steelers - Chuck Noll - Noll - Noll

Chargers - Dpn Coryell - Pass Bal - 3-4

49ers - Bill Walsh - Walsh - Walsh

Seahawks - Chuck Knox - Run Bal - 3-4

Rams - John Robinson - Run Bal - 3-4

Buccaneers - John McKay - Bal - 3-4

Titans (Oilers) - Ed Biles - Run Bal - 3-4

Redskins - Joe Gibbs - Gibbs - Gibbs

So there you have it. Create all these coaches and assign these generic playbooks to both the defense and offense. For legend coaches you use simply select them for said team.

Make absolutely sure for each team except the main team you want to control and play as (which should be the first team you choose) you set everything to auto except free agent signings and Roster Moves to make sure none of the CPU controlled teams sign any modern day free agents. I also highly suggest to play with injuries off as you can't make moves for other teams as that will trigger the freeze game load screen bug.

Set everything up on the front end so you never have to touch any of the other 31 teams again. And play it as a one season replay.

Set every teams auto subs as well (if you use them from my slider set) you only have to import the sliders from your primary teams settings menu inside CFM.

Once all the auto subs are set and you have imported your sliders then save this file (as you will be doing all this in week one of the pre-season) as your master file. In the future you can load this to replay another season but as a different team. But everything will be already set up.

The front end work will take anywhere from an hour to hour and half...but after that it is done forever.

Have fun and I will report back tonight after I set up my season replay and see if that game load bug does not happen by following my own instructions.

Once again thanks to JohnECool aka The Roster Meister
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #24
MVP

One question? You said once you select your 1st team you can not go back and change other team rosters without freezing. If that's the case, can you only play with the same team over and over from the base file?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »