Home

1983 Season!!!

This is a discussion on 1983 Season!!! within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1983 Season!!!

In case anyone is interested, I am currently working on the 1983 season for Madden 15 on my PS4. I am using the editor for Madden 08 and calculating other ratings not covered based on existing game ratings. I am selecting existing players to edit based on height, weight, ethnicity, and similar traits. I am using correct helmets and accessories based on internet research as well as memory (I am 53). I am finished with the Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, and currently working on Chargers. It is a slow, time consuming, (at times frustrating) process but I am determined to finish it ASAP. I have played several games and the results are VERY realistic. I will post more updates as available. I hope there are still people interested in Classic NFL seasons. if not, I will still use them myself. Thanks John
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: 1983 Season!!!

Love everything classic! Go for it...

C
Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

That would be awesome!!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

You sir are a Legend!!!

Can't wait for this!!!

1983 Dolphins....Marino's rookie year!!! Yeah baby!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEKool
In case anyone is interested, I am currently working on the 1983 season for Madden 15 on my PS4. I am using the editor for Madden 08 and calculating other ratings not covered based on existing game ratings. I am selecting existing players to edit based on height, weight, ethnicity, and similar traits. I am using correct helmets and accessories based on internet research as well as memory (I am 53). I am finished with the Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, and currently working on Chargers. It is a slow, time consuming, (at times frustrating) process but I am determined to finish it ASAP. I have played several games and the results are VERY realistic. I will post more updates as available. I hope there are still people interested in Classic NFL seasons. if not, I will still use them myself. Thanks John
Hi: Please tell me how to get/use editor. Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes, PLEASE for the love of all things good and holy tell us how to get this editor and use it for rosters. I have PS4 and want to create a more 90s based roster similar to what Playmakers did for last-gen Madden...
Old 10-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

I am using a version of Madden 08 on my laptop. I downloaded some classic rosters from the football freaks website. I load up Madden 08 on my pc and use the ratings in the player management screen of madden 08 to transfer data to Madden 15 on my pS4. there is a download for an excel spreadsheet that shows which attributes you need to change to get a players overall total to change. This is the site: http://overallgen.blogspot.com/. I choose players to edit based on height, weight, position, years in league, and TRY to match up based on looks (correct hair, features, and of course, black or white). For all rookies from my 1983 season, I create them from scratch in the creation center in Madden 15. I use the internet as well for research. It is time consuming and VERY tedious but it is VERY rewarding when you play these teams. The outcome seems to be accurate. Hope this helps everyone. Thanks, John
Old 10-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

This cannot be done sadly. I dont believe we will see classic rosters for next gen madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »