Home

Classic Teams - Capa

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - Capa within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #113
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Doing a Sanders Lions team would be kind of rough as his teams were not great, and he is available in MUT. Otherwise, you start getting into a modern era roster set, IMO.
Why does Classic teams have to be Great in order to be a Classic squad?

In fact most legendary teams really don't have that many super stars....

I created the 91 Lions and Barry Sanders, Jerry Ball, Bennie Blades and Chris Spielman might have been the highest rated player on the team and they still play pretty tough if you balance out ratings amongst all teams/players.

For example here's a brief recap of their season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_De...son#The_season

Based on that information you can tell they lacked team speed on offense outside of Barry which is why you limit the way they are rated in Speed for every player but Barry.....that creates the seperation you need amongst players on their roster

I did a 90's set on the Xbox 360 and out of the 32 teams created only two ended up being a 90 overall but that didn't mean teams rated in the 80's couldn't compete because if you utilize the ratings properly based on player tendency instead of overall the matchups play out much better on the field.

That's just my 2-cents when it comes to Madden Classic rosters but I understand low rated teams and players might not appeal to everyone if you consider them Classic Teams.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 21

Playmakers,

I have nothing but huge respect for your work. I was wondering if you have been playing M15 and if so, if you have recommendations on rating ranges for different positions.

As you can see, I am in the process of creating classic/historical teams and have been concentrating more on names, skin color, position, depth chart stuff than what ratings would work best with this year's game. I know I have overrated players, and underrated as well.

Just wondering if you had a model for this...

C

Last edited by capa; 01-14-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #115
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Why does Classic teams have to be Great in order to be a Classic squad?

In fact most legendary teams really don't have that many super stars....

I created the 91 Lions and Barry Sanders, Jerry Ball, Bennie Blades and Chris Spielman might have been the highest rated player on the team and they still play pretty tough if you balance out ratings amongst all teams/players.

For example here's a brief recap of their season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_De...son#The_season

Based on that information you can tell they lacked team speed on offense outside of Barry which is why you limit the way they are rated in Speed for every player but Barry.....that creates the seperation you need amongst players on their roster

I did a 90's set on the Xbox 360 and out of the 32 teams created only two ended up being a 90 overall but that didn't mean teams rated in the 80's couldn't compete because if you utilize the ratings properly based on player tendency instead of overall the matchups play out much better on the field.

That's just my 2-cents when it comes to Madden Classic rosters but I understand low rated teams and players might not appeal to everyone if you consider them Classic Teams.

I agree completely with your comments, I was just pointing out that there mAy be lack of appeal for those teams with a ton of work being put into them. To each his own. I tend to like 60s and 70s legendary teams and players. Capa is doing great. He has an 85 Bears team in there full of stars, yet I would rather see a Dick Butkus/Sayers roster which would too only have a few stars total (there will always be 'semi stars' and famous players like Piccolo on rosters too). Butkus' Bears were not usually very good over all, but great example to your argument. I hate the roster structure EA gave us. Would be way better like 2005 where you could put different rosters of the same team in one file, not to mention full editing.

Capa: I am in a holding pattern in editing your set for some things since you too are still working. Wish I could collaborate with you efficiently, that is if you wanted to. Would lov to play you head to head with this set some time at least!

Last edited by l8knight1; 01-14-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #116
MVP

You nailed it. I wanted to do the 65 Bears (have done them before for 2k5) but figured most folks would be clamoring for the 85 team.

I know probably no one plays with the 67 Colts or 67 Rams I included, but these were the teams I saw on CBS when I was a kid, or on the This Week In Pro Football show on Saturdays!

So yeah, I am including a mixture of my favorite teams and others that I think the community would enjoy that might be a bit more recent...

C
Old 01-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #117

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
You nailed it. I wanted to do the 65 Bears (have done them before for 2k5) but figured most folks would be clamoring for the 85 team.

I know probably no one plays with the 67 Colts or 67 Rams I included, but these were the teams I saw on CBS when I was a kid, or on the This Week In Pro Football show on Saturdays!

So yeah, I am including a mixture of my favorite teams and others that I think the community would enjoy that might be a bit more recent...

C
I'm playing the 67 Colts and Rams, big time. Roman needs a single bar mask . There's tons of stuff I want to change equipment-wise, but don't want to change and then you come out with your update!

P.S. Been scouring web for any hint of edit tools to no avail. I bet EA has a simple utility for this, not to mention the ability to unlock our ability to edit appearances.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I'm playing the 67 Colts and Rams, big time. Roman needs a single bar mask . There's tons of stuff I want to change equipment-wise, but don't want to change and then you come out with your update!

P.S. Been scouring web for any hint of edit tools to no avail. I bet EA has a simple utility for this, not to mention the ability to unlock our ability to edit appearances.
I caught the Gabriel thing the other day...is in next update. Yeah, was going to make a second pass on equipment stuff after next few teams done. If you have a list let me know or if you want to do them on the file later and repost that is fine too.

C
Old 01-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #119

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I caught the Gabriel thing the other day...is in next update. Yeah, was going to make a second pass on equipment stuff after next few teams done. If you have a list let me know or if you want to do them on the file later and repost that is fine too.

C
I'll do my best with suggestions without being to nit-picky. I tend to be big on the whole look of things, as well as how they play, which is why I'm so slow on my own set. Playing with yours has also slowed down my own set work!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #120
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I was born in 1961 and vaguely remember the 60s teams but knew the players. When I was older I did a lot reading about the players and teams. Then NFL films came and I could watch them play. The classics bring it to life so to speak. I watch my 16 year old do the same thing I did. So I love the 60s teams.

I agree with Playmakers. Classic Teams to me are the older teams with character, like the 90 Lions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »