Home

Classic Teams - Capa

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - Capa within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #121
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I'll do my best with suggestions without being to nit-picky. I tend to be big on the whole look of things, as well as how they play, which is why I'm so slow on my own set. Playing with yours has also slowed down my own set work!
Sounds good. By the way, where in CT are you? I am in Monroe...near Newtown.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #122
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Sounds good. By the way, where in CT are you? I am in Monroe...near Newtown.

C
Right down the road in Milford, my friend!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #123

l8knight1's Arena

The Packer sweep really looks great. Unis are tricky. Retro Packers look better with all retro gear but with current jersey, which shows stripes even if players have long sleeves. The casual user may just load default unis, which would be a crime for certain teams like the Rams, but not for the Packers or Cowboys, for example.

With the Rams, EA did their retro socks long, which I don't understand, not sure if giving everyone high socks would fix, but I used the same uni with different socks and they looked better out of the box, but some players on this team do have the low sock thing going on anyway. So far though, my faves are Rams/Chiefs/Vikes/Packers, off the top of my head. Shoes need to be retro'd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10900155_10204492220079874_6917473397607656430_o.jpg (242.6 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by l8knight1; 01-14-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #124
MVP

Yeah, I am not thrilled with the unis EA has provided for the teams this year. I do like the throwback Oilers ones though...and a few others. 60's Rams away is nice,,,but no home version.

Yep...I didn't bother with any of the shoes for any teams yet...will fall into Phase II...if I make it that far!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #125
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Playmakers,

I have nothing but huge respect for your work. I was wondering if you have been playing M15 and if so, if you have recommendations on rating ranges for different positions.

As you can see, I am in the process of creating classic/historical teams and have been concentrating more on names, skin color, position, depth chart stuff than what ratings would work best with this year's game. I know I have overrated players, and underrated as well.

Just wondering if you had a model for this...

C
Capa I honestly didn't even play Madden 15 this year...

I was turned off the by QB play and I was hoping EA would correct the issue but from reading the boards and input from many other gamers it seems like they (EA) never alleviated the problem.

So I traded in my Madden 15 for HALO....

I have been following your thread and researching all the teams you posted just to get a feel of the players on each team.

I have to give you much respect because I personally got burn out creating the 32 teams in Madden 25 and didn't have the desire to start over again and you have been patient enough to take on that process of creating these teams on your own so much respect to you bro....

Hopefully Madden 16 will be awesome and allow USERS to carry over rosters from this year to the next....

If that happens these rosters you are working on if they can be ported to XBOX ONE will be huge for guys like myself because trust me I'm pretty sure there's a huge fan base for Classic teams out there it's just that not many of us had that drive like you to get it done on Next Gen Consoles.

As for rating the Players if you ever need feedback on a couple of star players for each team feel free to PM me because I'm always ratings guys especially in NCAA Football 14 where I've probably created over 5000 players that span from the 1940's to current day....

So I can share with you what I have and your more than welcome to utilize those ratings or MODIFY them to your liking which ever one helps you to finish these rosters quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #126
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
The Packer sweep really looks great. Unis are tricky. Retro Packers look better with all retro gear but with current jersey, which shows stripes even if players have long sleeves. The casual user may just load default unis, which would be a crime for certain teams like the Rams, but not for the Packers or Cowboys, for example.

With the Rams, EA did their retro socks long, which I don't understand, not sure if giving everyone high socks would fix, but I used the same uni with different socks and they looked better out of the box, but some players on this team do have the low sock thing going on anyway. So far though, my faves are Rams/Chiefs/Vikes/Packers, off the top of my head. Shoes need to be retro'd.
Unless people are nit picky I'd say those photos of old school unis look great that you posted...

Packers look awesome in that screen shot
Old 01-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #127

l8knight1's Arena

Agreed. Caps has done great on these. I'm nit-picky. If he worked so hard on these I try to dress them out the best I can and they really pop. Most importantly, they play well overall in terms of ratings. Those are as hard to get right team-wise as it is the rest of the creation process for the ones Ive done. I was playing as 72 Fins for a couple hours last night and they are beautiful in looks/play/immersion. Dress them up in those lame new Unis and I don't think I could stand it.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #128
MVP

Thanks guy!

I have no ego on these things (anymore)

If you guys want to contribute and edit stuff and repost to vault I am ok with that as long as I know you "have the file" and are working it so I don't start any new teams. My goal is to get these to be as "realistic" as possible from appearance to ratings.

The 81 Bengals are on my list for next up but I have not started them yet...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »