Home

Classic Teams - Capa

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - Capa within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 02-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Anyone want to start a league when Seattle done
Old 02-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #218
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeeJeeezy
Anyone want to start a league when Seattle done
I don't think you are gonna get any takers for that. After I finish the Seahawks, I am done. I will not be doing teams for the Panthers, Texans, or Jaguars. Those teams currently have their "alltime" players on the roster in my file, since I used asantasead's Alltime15 roster as a base for my edits.

Also, I don't know how well my teams/edits would hold up in a season file. I created them basically for Play Now purposes.

Lastly, if you have not received any feedback from folks here by now on wanting to do a league with these, chances are no one wants to at this point.

Enjoy the roster...

C
Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 0

When will Seattle be done
Old 02-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #220
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeeJeeezy
When will Seattle be done
Been sick and also busy at work so my guess would be not til next weekend.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #221
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
1979 Bucs uploaded to the vault.

PSN = capa2000
File = CAPACLASSICS

Completed so far:

1972 Dolphins
1994 49ers
1968 Jets
1976 Raiders
1975 Steelers
1977 Cowboys
1986 Giants
1966 Packers
1998 Broncos
1969 Chiefs
1967 Rams
1985 Bears
1969 Vikings
1982 Redskins
1967 Colts
1979 Oilers
1964 Browns
1980 Chargers
1981 Bengals
1991 Lions
1991 Bills
1979 Saints
2007 Patriots
1975 Cards
2000 Ravens
1980 Eagles
1980 Falcons
1979 Bucs

Other teams I am considering/planning on doing:

1987 Seahawks (changed from 84)

C
Wow, Capa, pretty great darn work for a sick guy over this holiday weekend. Thanks a ton for the effort. What a great roster to have. Anyone can season to taste and use as they see fit. I've been reluctant to season, but now that you have completed (pretty much), I intend on some changes of my own, and you will be the first person who gets to take a look. We can certainly have variants (with your permission), if someone wanted to change out teams for one or more they want in different era, etc. I've played or practiced with many of these teams and I for one appreciate all you've done.

P.S. My vote for this roster's beast player is Willie Lanier of the 69 Chiefs. Going to be looking at his attribs closely to understand what makes him that way, and apply the knowledge to improve/degrade other players as needed.

Last edited by l8knight1; 02-17-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #222
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Wow, Capa, pretty great darn work for a sick guy over this holiday weekend. Thanks a ton for the effort. What a great roster to have. Anyone can season to taste and use as they see fit. I've been reluctant to season, but now that you have completed (pretty much), I intend on some changes of my own, and you will be the first person who gets to take a look. We can certainly have variants (with your permission), if someone wanted to change out teams for one or more they want in different era, etc. I've played or practiced with many of these teams and I for one appreciate all you've done.

P.S. My vote for this roster's beast player is Willie Lanier of the 69 Chiefs. Going to be looking at his attribs closely to understand what makes him that way, and apply the knowledge to improve/degrade other players as needed.
Thanks again for your kind words. They are appreciated.

To be fully honest, the only thing that is good about my rosters is the fact that they have the players names, skin color, and jersey numbers. Ratings that I did for teams I worked on early are probably higher than others I did along the way...sort of learning as you go.

I want to revisit the ratings as well as some equipment stuff once I finish the Seahawks. To be honest, my roster set pretty much sucks aside from the correct names, color, and jersey numbers. I know that and those who dig underneath know that as well.

Thanks for all your patience with me. This a time consuming project and I am looking forward to finishing Phase I and delving into Phase II for ratings, etc. And yes, there are a few teams I would like to swap out as well.

C
Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #223
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Thanks again for your kind words. They are appreciated.

To be fully honest, the only thing that is good about my rosters is the fact that they have the players names, skin color, and jersey numbers. Ratings that I did for teams I worked on early are probably higher than others I did along the way...sort of learning as you go.

I want to revisit the ratings as well as some equipment stuff once I finish the Seahawks. To be honest, my roster set pretty much sucks aside from the correct names, color, and jersey numbers. I know that and those who dig underneath know that as well.

Thanks for all your patience with me. This a time consuming project and I am looking forward to finishing Phase I and delving into Phase II for ratings, etc. And yes, there are a few teams I would like to swap out as well.

C
The foundation that you have is pretty incredible, so hopefully any tweaking you intend to do will be much more fun for you now that the harder part of teams/names/likenesses (dare I use that word) and depth charts are nearly done.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #224
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I hate to sound like a doubting thomas but I would think the whole process of making true to form objective ratings would be impossible. Subjectivity would creep in one way or another. It's what I loved about APF, rating players was out of your hands because of its format. You chose a player more for his attributes than a number. Madden is all about the numbers, so what combination of numbers truly differentiates Gold level player from a Silver or what have you?

This probably made zero sense. It's just what was rattling around in my head. I personally adore this roster set more for simply just the names and numbers and nostalgia.

If anybody could create a scale for rating that would get the above results, I'd pay money for the set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »