Home

Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #225
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I hate to sound like a doubting thomas but I would think the whole process of making true to form objective ratings would be impossible. Subjectivity would creep in one way or another. It's what I loved about APF, rating players was out of your hands because of its format. You chose a player more for his attributes than a number. Madden is all about the numbers, so what combination of numbers truly differentiates Gold level player from a Silver or what have you?

This probably made zero sense. It's just what was rattling around in my head. I personally adore this roster set more for simply just the names and numbers and nostalgia.

If anybody could create a scale for rating that would get the above results, I'd pay money for the set.
I think you are correct as an overall statement. I do think there is room for improvement in some of the players that really are overrated...or underrated by me. Some really stick out as knight pointed out about Willie Lanier on the Chiefs. But you are correct...ensuring that all 1500+ players are rated correctly is an impossible task. Getting the major players correct is probably what needs to be addressed.

Lots of room for improvement in ratings and equipment and I am hoping that any efforts by me, or any of you, in this area on this set will be able to be carried forward to next year's game. If not, I hope someone else will pick up the gauntlet next year...'cause I am never doing this again!! LOL.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #226
MVP

Also, some teams I am looking to swap out in the coming weeks as a Phase II for this set (will not overwrite original file in Vault - will rename to new name):

99 Rams for 67 Rams
92 Cowboys for 77 Cowboys
89 49ers for 94 49ers

I am sure there will be others...

C
Old 02-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #227
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I think you are correct as an overall statement. I do think there is room for improvement in some of the players that really are overrated...or underrated by me. Some really stick out as knight pointed out about Willie Lanier on the Chiefs. But you are correct...ensuring that all 1500+ players are rated correctly is an impossible task. Getting the major players correct is probably what needs to be addressed.

Lots of room for improvement in ratings and equipment and I am hoping that any efforts by me, or any of you, in this area on this set will be able to be carried forward to next year's game. If not, I hope someone else will pick up the gauntlet next year...'cause I am never doing this again!! LOL.

C
I don't blame you. Holy smokes this was quite the project! If only Madden could figure out how to transfer rosters from year to year. If say next year's edition could implement this going forward to 17, you would have to give it one more go for pete sakes

I remember being in an APF league with a bunch of guys on this board a few years back. John Brodie was a God to many guys in the league. He was a bronze player but just had an it factor. I can't really even remember the particulars, but I can remember tying to play with him and he would do nothing for me. Other guys, he was like a super gold. So how can you replicate that!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #228
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I don't blame you. Holy smokes this was quite the project! If only Madden could figure out how to transfer rosters from year to year. If say next year's edition could implement this going forward to 17, you would have to give it one more go for pete sakes

I remember being in an APF league with a bunch of guys on this board a few years back. John Brodie was a God to many guys in the league. He was a bronze player but just had an it factor. I can't really even remember the particulars, but I can remember tying to play with him and he would do nothing for me. Other guys, he was like a super gold. So how can you replicate that!
LOL...well...I don't think I will undertake this next year so EA better offer year to year transfer starting in Sept!

Rating players is an art more than a science. I mean, when you try to rate fullbacks so that they will be good run and pass blockers, you almost always end up with a 99 rated guy. So, if people look at ratings and say "this is screwed up...he has all these FBs rated at 99", well...there is nothing you can really do about that if you want them to play and act like fullbacks! Same holds true for Tight Ends who we all know are just beasts in this game. You want a QB that has a little speed and some agility, well the editor will make him a scrambler more times than not even if the guy was really a pocket passer. It's crazy.

Tweaking of ratings can and should be done, but sometimes EA has you in a lose-lose situation with the editor...

C
Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #229
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
LOL...well...I don't think I will undertake this next year so EA better offer year to year transfer starting in Sept!

Rating players is an art more than a science. I mean, when you try to rate fullbacks so that they will be good run and pass blockers, you almost always end up with a 99 rated guy. So, if people look at ratings and say "this is screwed up...he has all these FBs rated at 99", well...there is nothing you can really do about that if you want them to play and act like fullbacks! Same holds true for Tight Ends who we all know are just beasts in this game. You want a QB that has a little speed and some agility, well the editor will make him a scrambler more times than not even if the guy was really a pocket passer. It's crazy.

Tweaking of ratings can and should be done, but sometimes EA has you in a lose-lose situation with the editor...

C
Excellent points and all you can do is what you think you can do and the rest is gravy!

Even in APF, so often you would see bronze players out performing golds...didn't mean that the ratings were broken, just the way it was.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:49 AM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any chance these are coming to xbox one?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:50 AM   #231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkitterman
Any chance these are coming to xbox one?
Someone with an Xbox one would have to create them from scratch. There is no way to convert PS4 files to Xbox one...so probably not.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #232
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Also, some teams I am looking to swap out in the coming weeks as a Phase II for this set (will not overwrite original file in Vault - will rename to new name):

99 Rams for 67 Rams
92 Cowboys for 77 Cowboys
89 49ers for 94 49ers

I am sure there will be others...

C
Hey Capa, please let me know when this process happens. I will begin seasoning Phase I once I know you are in somewhat of a moratorium on it and are working on phase II.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »