Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #249
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

So...an update on the classic file.

Over the past few months l8knight1 has been going through each team and each player adjusting equipment and ratings as required. That's about 900-1000 players! What will be the outcome of this effort?

1) realistic and almost spot on (to the best of the Madden editor's ability) to replicate the actual equipment the players wore for the team that is represented in the file. This means if they wore a 2 bar vintage facemask and 2 double wrist guards, that is what you will see on the player on the field. If they wore eye black and neck rolls, that's what you will see. You won't see the teams from the 60's and 70's wearing the newer helmets, just as you won't see the newer teams wearing the old fashioned 2 bar facemasks. We tried to change all guys on older teams to not have dreads or hair sticking out of their helmet. That is just one indication of the level of detail. The reproduction is uncanny and amazing!

2) ratings adjusted to better replicate that player for that particular year. Since he re-rated about every player in the set, ratings are now uniform across the board - meaning better gameplay on the field and a better representation of how that player performed for the year in question.

3) depth charts adjusted where needed. This means the players that got the most playing time on the field for the teams will also do so in this set.

4) special attention to legends and 5 star players. Tony Dorsett will look like and run like Dorsett. Same for Payton. Jim Taylor won't beat you to the outside often but will make you pay between the tackles. Joe Willie will be throwing deep to Maynard and Sauer. Staubach will take off on you if you don't put a spy on him. Jaworski will throw it up for Carmichael at the goal line to come down with the catch. Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson will hunt down your RBs and QBs from sideline to sideline.

All in all it is a fantastic job by l8knight1 and his attention to detail is amazing and really what makes this set shine.

Now, the revised set is NOT up in the vault yet for download. We are finishing off adding the 1989 49ers to the set, and once that is done, it will be posted. I know you will have hours of fun with this set to fill in the gap until Madden 16 comes out, and in between games of MLB The Show 15!!

Thanks...and keep an eye out for when we announce it is posted.

C

PS: the current set in the vault does NOT have all these changes so don't bother downloading

Last edited by capa; 03-31-2015 at 07:54 PM.
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #250
MVP
 
Hammerhunker's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Broncos and Rockies Roam
Posts: 2,290
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
So...an update on the classic file.

Over the past few months l8knight1 has been going through each team and each player adjusting equipment and ratings as required. That's about 900-1000 players! What will be the outcome of this effort?

1) realistic and almost spot on (to the best of the Madden editor's ability) to replicate the actual equipment the players wore for the team that is represented in the file. This means if they wore a 2 bar vintage facemask and 2 double wrist guards, that is what you will see on the player on the field. If they wore eye black and neck rolls, that's what you will see. You won't see the teams from the 60's and 70's wearing the newer helmets, just as you won't see the newer teams wearing the old fashioned 2 bar facemasks. We tried to change all guys on older teams to not have dreads or hair sticking out of their helmet. That is just one indication of the level of detail. The reproduction is uncanny and amazing!

2) ratings adjusted to better replicate that player for that particular year. Since he re-rated about every player in the set, ratings are now uniform across the board - meaning better gameplay on the field and a better representation of how that player performed for the year in question.

3) depth charts adjusted where needed. This means the players that got the most playing time on the field for the teams will also do so in this set.

4) special attention to legends and 5 star players. Tony Dorsett will look like and run like Dorsett. Same for Payton. Jim Taylor won't beat you to the outside often but will make you pay between the tackles. Joe Willie will be throwing deep to Maynard and Sauer. Staubach will take off on you if you don't put a spy on him. Jaworski will throw it up for Carmichael at the goal line to come down with the catch. Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson will hunt down your RBs and QBs from sideline to sideline.

All in all it is a fantastic job by l8knight1 and his attention to detail is amazing and really what makes this set shine.

Now, the revised set is NOT up in the vault yet for download. We are finishing off adding the 1989 49ers to the set, and once that is done, it will be posted. I know you will have hours of fun with this set to fill in the gap until Madden 16 comes out, and in between games of MLB The Show 15!!

Thanks...and keep an eye out for when we announce it is posted.

C

PS: the current set in the vault does NOT have all these changes so don't bother downloading
What a treat! The first set was unbelievable, this will be even more so! Can't wait. Thanks to you and knight for your time and dedication.
Hammerhunker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #251
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!
 
l8knight1's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 923
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
What a treat! The first set was unbelievable, this will be even more so! Can't wait. Thanks to you and knight for your time and dedication.
Thanks for the feedback. As a disclaimer (without sounding like a lawyer), Capa and I have been pouring over, playing, and simulating this roster set until our eyes bleed. When released, we are always open to feedback and corrections that are valid. It would be an understatement to say that player ratings are subjective, let alone how difficult it is deciding on them for players that are 20-30-40 years back in NFL history. We are not self-proclaimed roster czars. We will continue to tweak ratings, looks, depth charts, and equipment as best we know how, as time allows, to ensure accuracy and play-ability as best as we possibly can. Most of all we just want these to be fun for everybody. It continues to be a pleasure to work on these, and kudos to Capa again who got this going with an incredible baseline. I'm just happy to be the second set of eyes, as this has been a huge undertaking. When you roll up your sleeves on this, it seems nearly impossible imagining one person doing all of this unless it's your full time job!

Last edited by l8knight1; 04-01-2015 at 12:04 PM.
l8knight1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #252
MVP
 
Hammerhunker's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Broncos and Rockies Roam
Posts: 2,290
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Thanks for the feedback. As a disclaimer (without sounding like a lawyer), Capa and I have been pouring over, playing, and simulating this roster set until our eyes bleed. When released, we are always open to feedback and corrections that are valid. It would be an understatement to say that player ratings are subjective, let alone how difficult it is deciding on them for players that are 20-30-40 years back in NFL history. We are not self-proclaimed roster czars. We will continue to tweak ratings, looks, depth charts, and equipment as best we know how, as time allows, to ensure accuracy and play-ability as best as we possibly can. Most of all we just want these to be fun for everybody. It continues to be a pleasure to work on these, and kudos to Capa again who got this going with an incredible baseline. I'm just happy to be the second set of eyes, as this has been a huge undertaking. When you roll up your sleeves on this, it seems nearly impossible imagining one person doing all of this unless it's your full time job!
When I play with the regular rosters, it never seems any player stands out; with the classic set, players do. For instance, playing the Chiefs, Bobby Bell is a pain in the a**. You have to run away from him, boot away from him, and he still wreaks havoc. The Steelers are the same but more players cause problems. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but regardless, this next set could be epic.

Now for an outcry for roster carryovers a la the Show.
Hammerhunker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #253
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!
 
l8knight1's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 923
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Cowboy killer (that's a compliment coming from a Cowboys fan!) Mel Gray of the 75 Cards does his magic in double coverage.

l8knight1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #254
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Official Version 1 released! Thanks a million to l8knight1 here who put in countless hours on equipment and ratings. Here are the details:

Filename = CAPAL8KNIGHT1CLASSICS
PSN ID = capa2000

Teams:

1972 Dolphins
1989 49ers
1968 Jets
1976 Raiders
1975 Steelers
1977 Cowboys
1986 Giants
1966 Packers
1998 Broncos
1969 Chiefs
1967 Rams
1985 Bears
1969 Vikings
1982 Redskins
1967 Colts
1979 Oilers
1964 Browns
1980 Chargers
1981 Bengals
1991 Lions
1991 Bills
1979 Saints
2007 Patriots
1975 Cards
2000 Ravens
1980 Eagles
1980 Falcons
1979 Bucs
1987 Seahawks

Hope you all enjoy the reworked teams. See posting at the top of this page for changes that were made to this set.

C
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #255
MVP
 
Hammerhunker's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Broncos and Rockies Roam
Posts: 2,290
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Yes (rubbing hands together)! Now, finding the time to mix this in with The Show/Nba 2k15/Blackflag. I'll have a blast finding a way

Thanks a ton fellas!
Hammerhunker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #256
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Yes (rubbing hands together)! Now, finding the time to mix this in with The Show/Nba 2k15/Blackflag. I'll have a blast finding a way

Thanks a ton fellas!
I know the feeling!!!!1
bcjones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Top -