Home

Please help with editing QB traits

This is a discussion on Please help with editing QB traits within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Please help with editing QB traits

Fed up with the sack issue, I've decided that re-rating all the QB's will be my last ditch effort to make the game playable for me. This is my first foray into roster editing and the "Rosters" forum here on OS so any help form you guys would be HUGELY appreciated. I just have three questions:

1. What are the "best" Sense Pressure QB traits? It seems like Trigger Happy has them get rid of the ball the quickest while Ideal is the main culprit in the sack issue. But what about the others? Has anyone done any testing on how Oblivious, Average and Paranoid work? Also, does anyone know if Force Passes has any effect? Seems like it should, as an Aggressive QB would be more likely to force a pass rather than take a sack. Also, I'm already setting everyone to Throws Ball Away= Yes under the assumption that it works properly.
2. Will changing the QB traits be sufficient to stem the sack issue or should I also toy with Awareness and Accuracy? I was thinking about adding 5-10 points to all QBs AWR to help them get rid of the ball and knocking 5-10 off all the ACC ratings to help curtail Robo QB.
3. Finally, if I do an off-line 32 team CFM, will I be able to adjust incoming, CPU generated QB traits during the point in the off-season when it allows you to make player edits, or is that just for editing positions and equipment and such.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me on this and for the time it will save me. I know I can download a roster that's already been created, but I guess I'm kind of a hands-on type of guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Please help with editing QB traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
Fed up with the sack issue, I've decided that re-rating all the QB's will be my last ditch effort to make the game playable for me. This is my first foray into roster editing and the "Rosters" forum here on OS so any help form you guys would be HUGELY appreciated. I just have three questions:

1. What are the "best" Sense Pressure QB traits? It seems like Trigger Happy has them get rid of the ball the quickest while Ideal is the main culprit in the sack issue. But what about the others? Has anyone done any testing on how Oblivious, Average and Paranoid work? Also, does anyone know if Force Passes has any effect? Seems like it should, as an Aggressive QB would be more likely to force a pass rather than take a sack. Also, I'm already setting everyone to Throws Ball Away= Yes under the assumption that it works properly.
2. Will changing the QB traits be sufficient to stem the sack issue or should I also toy with Awareness and Accuracy? I was thinking about adding 5-10 points to all QBs AWR to help them get rid of the ball and knocking 5-10 off all the ACC ratings to help curtail Robo QB.
3. Finally, if I do an off-line 32 team CFM, will I be able to adjust incoming, CPU generated QB traits during the point in the off-season when it allows you to make player edits, or is that just for editing positions and equipment and such.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me on this and for the time it will save me. I know I can download a roster that's already been created, but I guess I'm kind of a hands-on type of guy.
I think someone already did this not that long ago. Might save you some time
Old 12-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I did read that one guy switched all the traits but it sounded like he did it uniformly for all QBs, switched everyone to Trigger Happy and Throws Ball Away Yes. I was hoping to create a little more disparity between QBs, therefore wondering what effect Paranoid, Oblivious and Average have.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I did read that one guy switched all the traits but it sounded like he did it uniformly for all QBs, switched everyone to Trigger Happy and Throws Ball Away Yes. I was hoping to create a little more disparity between QBs, therefore wondering what effect Paranoid, Oblivious and Average have.

theres no fix to the sack issue.... with all different rosters out there that had the different edits to them i was still sacking the qb 8-10 times a game ... even with EA's one i still have a sack fest which now leads to more injuries to the qb because they get hit so much.

so until EA figures out a happy medium to where the qb can get rid of the ball before getting sacked no edits will help this issue.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Pretty sure that I have a slider set that, combined with QB trait edits, MIGHT make for a good game. The sliders I've been using play great against the "lesser" QBs like Bradford and Glennon, who don't have the "ideal" Sense Pressure trait.

Figure it's worth a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I don't have a sack issue with my sliders and I use default rosters.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Problem is that you play on All-Madden, Charter. I've considered making the switch this year but am still apprehensive about AI cheats and the like at that level. If this roster edit doesn't work for me, I may try it, but most likely I'll just give it up.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Problem is that you play on All-Madden, Charter. I've considered making the switch this year but am still apprehensive about AI cheats and the like at that level. If this roster edit doesn't work for me, I may try it, but most likely I'll just give it up.
My newest set has cut down a lot on the AI boost. I hate that too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »