Home

1989 or 1999 Roster

This is a discussion on 1989 or 1999 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1989 or 1999 Roster

New roster update loaded to Madden Share. This roster is now playable in CCM. The Free Agents are re-rated so that the CPU will generally not pick them up to replace starters. Some Free Agents are real players who were FA in 1989 or retired after 1988. Some Free Agents are CFL players, some are made up from movies or simply made up, and some are modern players who have been edited. You will notice that some players have been moved to positions such as Punter and Kicker. This keeps them from being used in the game, and allowed me to move a little quicker. Usually after the first off-season these players will disappear. I know this is not preferable, but it helps from an editing standpoint and really makes no difference from a playing standpoint or immersion as long as you do not sign those players.

I still might go back and edit some of the Free Agents as I have time, but I wanted to get a fully usable roster out to everyone before I got too busy to finish it up. As always, if you see something that needs changed please let me know.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #74
MVP

I recommend using this roster as a 1 year 32 team control CCM. That being said, it should work for multi-year as well. That was a goal of mine.

If you look back in thread you will find coaches, playbooks and play calling percentages for the 28 NFL teams. I will post the CFL teams soon, but I am having a hard time finding reliable info for anything but coaches for the CFL teams.

If you are interested in using only one team, I would recommend setting up a 32 team control so you can set up the playbooks and play calling. Then go to user control teams and set all but the team or teams you want to control to CPU control. I have not done this with Madden 15 yet, but it worked on Madden 25. If it does not work please let me know.

I also recommend that you save the 32 team control once set up BEFORE you play any games. Once you are ready to play, save the CCM again with a different name. This will allow you to skip the long process of creating the 32 team control more than once. Then anytime you want to start a new CCM you simply load the base CCM and then save yet a new file.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrboxen
Hey, not to be a begger. But you should try uploading the file on a website or something so Xbox Users can use it, but make sure you put in the file or the title it's made by you. If you can thanks in Advance
I do not think that is possible. The way the PS4 saves the roster, it will not work with Xbox. Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
New roster update loaded to Madden Share. This roster is now playable in CCM. The Free Agents are re-rated so that the CPU will generally not pick them up to replace starters. Some Free Agents are real players who were FA in 1989 or retired after 1988. Some Free Agents are CFL players, some are made up from movies or simply made up, and some are modern players who have been edited. You will notice that some players have been moved to positions such as Punter and Kicker. This keeps them from being used in the game, and allowed me to move a little quicker. Usually after the first off-season these players will disappear. I know this is not preferable, but it helps from an editing standpoint and really makes no difference from a playing standpoint or immersion as long as you do not sign those players.

I still might go back and edit some of the Free Agents as I have time, but I wanted to get a fully usable roster out to everyone before I got too busy to finish it up. As always, if you see something that needs changed please let me know.
SWEET!!! I know what I'm doing today...... Thanks Iteachpercussion. let me know if you want to do a online franchise.....
Old 01-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #77
MVP

Here are the coaches for the "CFL" teams. As far as playbooks, use what ever you want for the most part. I will put my suggestions down, simply to keep them in line with the NFL teams. Finding actual season stats for the CFL teams that I can build play calling tendencies and such from is proving to be difficult. If anyone finds a good site to use, please let me know and I will update this.

Houston Texans: John Gregory OFF: Pass Balanced DEF: 3-4
Jax Jaguars: Al Bruno OFF: Run Balanced/Run Heavy DEF:3-4
Carolina Panthers: Larry Donovan OFF: Balanced/Run Bal DEF: 4-3
Balt. Ravens: Mike Riley OFF: Balanced DEF: 4-3
Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #78
MVP

Also now on Madden share is the cpu and player sliders I have been using. File names: ALLPRO89
Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Just a quick update... I just uploaded a new version of the roster on MaddenShare. This version has all 32 teams complete. As mentioned before, the 4 "expansion" teams have CFL rosters. Those teams are designed to give the real teams an ok challenge but will normally lose when you play against them.

I am currently working on Free Agents.

I was wondering how the expansion teams would be handled.

Using CFL players is a good idea.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I was wondering how the expansion teams would be handled.

Using CFL players is a good idea.
I am hoping it works out the way I want it to. Those rosters are NOT as accurate as the real NFL teams. However, they keep the "feeling" of the 89 season and are made so that they are competitive, but not as good as the NFL teams.

Let me know what you think and keep me informed of any problems you encounter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »