Home

commentary

This is a discussion on commentary within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
commentary

in creating a classic roster would any player you edit have his original named announced in the game. if i edit brian hoyer to become bernie kosar would the game call my edited player hoyer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForIowa
in creating a classic roster would any player you edit have his original named announced in the game. if i edit brian hoyer to become bernie kosar would the game call my edited player hoyer?
I have been creating a 1989 roster and from what I have noticed in Play Now games is that it simply does not use names at all. It will say, "The quarterback..."
What is interesting though is that when I have Dan Marino and Troy Aikman, and the little video pop-up of Marino and Aikman actually shows up when they first come onto the field. That was a pleasant surprise.

Are you making a specific year?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm thinking about doing an all 90s roster with no duplicate players. I would love to do an individual season from the early 90's but i hate the idea of generic teams (ravens/jags/panthers/texan). With an all 90s squad i'm still looking at one generic, texans. I'll probably do something along the lines of best of the rest for the texans. I've already started constructing the rosters on paper and have three teams done(wash, ten/hou, and tb).

I'm concerned that the announcers are going to call the players by their original name and not their edited player name. If I do go through with making the roster it will probably be for madden 16. The player ratings will be spread out with far less 90overall ratings and the equipment will be as close as I can get.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I have been creating a 1989 roster and from what I have noticed in Play Now games is that it simply does not use names at all. It will say, "The quarterback..."
What is interesting though is that when I have Dan Marino and Troy Aikman, and the little video pop-up of Marino and Aikman actually shows up when they first come onto the field. That was a pleasant surprise.

Are you making a specific year?
I noticed a similar graphic; I remade Tom Brady as the 2001 version of himself and the video and graphic for him comes up and the announcers talk about him like the would the actual Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »