Home

Madden 16 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 16 what type of Classic Rosters will you be making?
1970's Specific Year Rosters 9 13.64%
1980's Specific Year Rosters 10 15.15%
1990's Specific Year Rosters 30 45.45%
All Time Team Rosters (Best Players in Franchise history on one Team) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Classic Rosters

I agree with capa. Give us greater ability to edit and year to year saves. I give all you roster creators credit as its a pain staking process which I personally do not have the patience for. Regarding the ht/wt discrepancies between current/classic players... I'd just use current players at their positions and just accept the size disparities. At least the size ratios between OL QB etc... Would be similar. Plus it would eliminate so many highly rated free agents after conversion to classic roster. No it's not ideal, but options are so limited. The best solution would be a "team builder" feature like they had in NCAA. With that you could knock a team out in 20 minutes plus edit uniforms, stadiums...
Old 09-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #34
Rookie

Even with a NCAA type editor it'd still take a LOT longer than 20 minutes a team if you're trying to make your ratings as realistic as possible. It takes lots of research about the players to really get a feel for what they should be. I'm sure Playmakers knows this all too well.

As far as ratings I personally dont like rosters loaded with high rated players for no other reason than them being on a really good team. Those type of ratings should be exclusive to the super stars on the team. When I was trying to do my best of all time teams roster(never finished), I first figured the averages of the current madden roster and then tried to base my ratings around that.

Non stars would generally get average ratings, and only players that had outstanding years that year would get the high ratings. I wouldn't give Namath a high rating just because he was a hall of famer when he threw more INT's then TD's that particular year. Still not sure how a guy who threw 47 more INT's than TD's in his career made the HoF...

I'd try to find real 40 times if possible for speed, but that's not always possible. I know some people dont like using 40 times but we need a base and that's the most common one found for speed. If I couldn't find that I'd then just look at descriptions of the player from various sources and see if anyone mentioned anything special about them, like their speed,quickness,strength,etc and then base ratings around that. Yeah, it's a lengthy process if you want to do it as good as possible.

Playmakers ratings seem to be the most accurate to me of all the ones I've checked out so far but I really look forward to what everyone that tries to make classic rosters can do as I love playing them.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #35
MVP

I realized that 20 minute comment was far underestimated. I certainly see you point and agree. However I really wonder how much ratings effect game play? If ratings truly performed like one would expect then all that time is worth it. To me at least in past versions a 75 QB played much like a 90 QB. And a QB with lower accuracy was quite similar to one with a higher accuracy? I find it hard personally to put in that much effort fur such little return. It seems like ratings matter much more in NBA 2K or the Show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

meepichi is spot on the ratings can be a ton of work by themselves which is why it's hard for me to do rosters every year. I like to take small breaks and if the game isn't worth the time i'll skip rosters until EA makes a good game.

Someone asked me in the Madden 1990's thread (Old Gen) what process do i use to create the rosters and this is the feedback I provided for them which might be helpful for those looking to create Classic rosters for this year
---------------------
Some guys use CAPS and create the players from scratch.....

I try to minimize using Caps because all players are then listed as rookies regardless of the age you assign them.

So I use the default Madden rosters to replicate the Old School players. I try to find a current player who matches the Old school player in height, weight, age and portrait if possible.

This is a long process and can get frustrating if you don't have the passion and patience to be very detailed with the rosters.

I prefer to stick with the 90's era of football simply because guys were very similar to todays players in height and weight while guys from the 70's and 80's would be harder to replicate using this formula.

As for the ratings we all have our own unique ways of rating the players. I use a formula similar to FBG ratings for Madden often relying on as much old scouting reports that I can find from the 90's.

That means HOF's like Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin for example will never have speed ratings that you would see them have in MUT or EA's past Historic rosters.

The reason for this is because there are ways to make star players perform on the field without giving them inflated speed ratings.

The following link (you have to register to see all the DATA) is a CAP thread me and another OS poster named tcoaker provided hundreds of recorded 40 times and other scouting information on older players you can view and utilize if needed:
http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...nversation-Hub

Here's an example of the information we found

The Bucs have no concerns about Reagan Upshaw, who reminds Dungy of John Randle, Minnesota's 6-1, 272-pound Pro Bowl defensive tackle. Upshaw has speed (a 4.67 in the 40-yard dash)

Defensive coordinator Fritz Shurmur says Gilbert Brown is as powerful as any player in the league, thanks to the fact that he can get his bulk moving in a hurry; in an April 1996 minicamp he ran the 40 in 5.07 seconds, a time that gives quarterbacks throughout the league cold sweats.

To the Steelers, Louis Lipps's 91 receptions as a Golden Eagle plus his 4.4 40s and 38-inch vertical leaps seemed promising. And, at 5'10", 190 pounds, he figured to hold his own against any defensive back who tried to jam him at the line.

Errict Rhett 28 bench reps Rhett's speed - he ran the 40-yard dash between 4.6 and 4.7 seconds for scouts at Florida Field - trails that of Marshall Faulk, Greg Hill and LeShon Johnson, the draft's other top backs. But the fact Rhett played in a pro-style offense for four years could be an advantage.

Mike Mamula DE/LB Boston College 4.58 38 1/2 vertical 28 bench reps

Steve Atwater SS Arkansas 4.45 or 4.69 two different reports

Tony Madarich OT Michigan St 4.69

Andre Rison WR Michigan St 4.48

Doug Flutie QB Boston College 4.69

Tom Waddle WR Boston College 4.78

Darren Flutie WR Boston College 4.58

Aundray Bruce LB Auburn 4.6 or 4.53 two different reports

O.J. Simpson RB USC 4.5

Marcus Allen RB USC 4.6

I hope that helps you with any future rosters you might create

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-18-2015, 01:03 AM   #37
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBrownsFan
Hey guys.....here is an idea.........forget the legends idea and make some CLASSIC SEASONS.......like the 1970 season......first season of the NFL-AFL merger.......some great teams and a great season, I will help any way I can.....but it is a lot of work for one person. And, I know...people are gonna say ...but there were only 26 teams in the league that year.....so what?
Take the teams that were not in the league that year and leave the rosters at default, and just weaken them to be like expansion teams or whatever?
Anyone interested?
Definitely would be cool to see this
Old 09-21-2015, 03:59 AM   #38
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Playmakers, PLEASE do the 90s roster again for Madden 16. I would gladly chip in some cash if that would help sway you in that general direction...
Old 09-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Playmakers, PLEASE do the 90s roster again for Madden 16. I would gladly chip in some cash if that would help sway you in that general direction...
Will see that offer sounds good LOL!

Depending on how these NBA games shape up this year I'm dying for hoops Classic rosters so i'll have to make a decision on which game is worth the hundreds of hours it'll take

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #40
Rookie

nyjets28's Arena

OVR: 1

How bout a greatest team roster for each team?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »