Home

Madden Roster Complaint Department

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Complaint Department within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden Roster Complaint Department

One of my favorite things to do is maintain my own Madden rosters for accurate play now games when the schedule permits.

Is there any way EA Sports can fix these complaints below?

Roster minimums
For years, Madden used to require you to carry 3 QBs. At some point, they changed that setting to 2 QBs. Below are proposed minimums:

- Instead of requiring 4 OTs, 4 Gs, and 2 Cs, how about require 6 OL? Often these days, backups play OT and OG or OG and C. (This is the most annoying of all because my rosters are never up-to-date because of extraneous OL.)

- Instead of requiring a FB, leave it to no requirement.

- Instead of requiring 4 DEs and 3 DTs, require 5 DL.

- Instead of requiring 4 OLBs and 2 MLBs, require 4 LB total.

- Instead of requiring 2 FSs and 2 SSs, require 3 safeties total.

Inability to toggle IR on/off for players
Maybe we need to move a player to IR or take a player off. We should have that control.

Lack of a practice squad
You could sandwich between P and ALL in the navigation. These players are not playable in play now games but this keeps them from getting shunted to the free agent pool.

Determine the contract specifics in Sign Free Agents
We should be allowed, as a manner of maintaining rosters, sign a player to any level contract length and salary necessary.

Classic teams
I loved this feature in NCAA video games years ago. Why not have the 1989 49ers and the 2008 Giants?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Roster Complaint Department

Totally agree with you, and I'd request adding Long Snapper as a position as well. Right now you have to make your LS a center. LS should be a position on the depth chart.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also we should be able to setup our special teams cover teams, I should be able to put LBs and DBs out there and not have to have my WRs and RBs out there trying to tackle guys.

Players need to be fully editable in and out of franchise,including contract info.

And lastly, we need more damn options in equipment. I am so disappointed that you cannot put those single arm neoprene sleeves on players still when like 1/3 of the league wears them. And what the hell is that arm wrap thing? it looks like the start of a toilet paper mummy costume.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Just paying attention to actual play styles of players. They have 90-95% of the qbs as scrambles. I believe its just to boost their new qb loco feature. Brees, Palmer, and Bradford are not scrambling qbs just to name a few.

Also not everyone needs to have high jumping and spectacular catching. Also just a reason to show off the new aggressive catch feature.

Depth charts should be fully customized like before, weird how on PS3 and PS2 Maddens you can make someone go both ways and now you can't. You can't even make a te the 4th wr in CFM.

They need to bring back the feature where you can lock a defender on a specific offensive player. They use to let you decide to double team before hand to in that menu. The pre play stuff doesn't give you enough time to do all that.

Next to depth chart should be formation sets, so setting up special packages and rotations.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #5
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

I would like to know the feasibility of any of the following:

Cfm leagues should have an option to set 45 man active rosters for games.

A post draft un drafted free agent period.

The ability for players to change a players play style or scheme the way we are able to change their position. (I'm ok with this coming at the expense of ratings...if I want a 4-3 DE to stand up in a 3-4 I'll willingly sacrifice AWR for Zone)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Jay_AB81's Arena

Things I'd like.

46-man active roster for regular season and post season games
10-man practice squad
Ability to have my own pre-determined ST crew, some guys don't play STs that are on the ST units in Madden, annoying. (I think the last Madden to allow was like Madden 08)
Make LS an actual position, sick of having to switch my LS from TE to a Center or OL because CFM won't allow a TE to be a LS.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on custom all madden sliders I like a challenge to be realistic BUT when Eli Manning runs 8_10 times in a game it's not fun....I wish players would play like themselves...I also would LOVE a IR system for my Franchise....even if I take J Nelson off depth charts cpu puts them back in...I
Old 09-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 18

You would think practice squad would be in the game, especially now with this RPG like franchise mode they're pushing. CFM got shafted again this year, its soo barebones. We're still at the point where players placed on IR don't free a roster space. Formation subs are still not in the game, not everyone is looking to exploit the game, which is the only reason I can imagine why EA took it out of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »