Home

M16 1986 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1986 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M16 1986 roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
Yeah, I had to do a double-take of Rodgers at safety, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodgers at safety is a bit funny, but it does not take long to get used to. When I use those big name guys I like to put them in positions where they do not always belong.
It is not easy to use the current guys to recreate old rosters. It is always a judgement call on what to make sure lines up. Do you match experience, height and weight, long hair or short hair? You try to get as close as possible without spending an hour on each players searching for the "perfect" match. So I try to get as close as I can with each area. I would not worry about experience at all, except that in Franchise mode you do not want a guy retiring too early or too late. So I try to strike a balance. Artvandeleghe did a nice job of finding the decent matches. It is no easy task.

As for the sleeve issues, I am not sure what to do. When you use the classic uniforms, many teams lose the stripes on long sleeves. Which I tend to think looks bad. Some teams get to keep the stripes though. Last year, the second roster I made, I did not use long sleeves at all for that reason. Thoughts on the sleeve issue? Are you ok with no stripes for certain teams for the guys with long sleeves? OR... should I use standard sleeves so the stripes are always present?

Again, as you play games with the roster so far, please let me know how things are going. If something is really messed up it is easier to fix at this stage. I am still working on playbooks for the teams and will eventually post a list on here. One thing I am noticing is that the Pass Balanced playbook causes the CPU to throw the ball way too much.

Anyway, keep me informed on your games. I am still working on the AFC EAST. I did not have as much roster time as I wanted this past weekend and so far I have been really busy with grading mountains of papers this week. So I have been a little behind where I want to be. But I will catch up!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #18
MVP

I vote for standard sleeves. Personally it bothers me playing say the 86 Lions with long sleeves without stripes. Seriously EA... how hard can it be to fix this?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 PM   #19
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

My vote would be for long sleeves. I just played a Packers/vikings game and I didn't notice any stripes missing from anyone's jersey, using the Vikings 70's uniform and Packers really only uniform (current). Has anyone confirmed that the missing stripes on long sleeves bug is still in this year's game??
Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #20
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandeleghe
My vote would be for long sleeves. I just played a Packers/vikings game and I didn't notice any stripes missing from anyone's jersey, using the Vikings 70's uniform and Packers really only uniform (current). Has anyone confirmed that the missing stripes on long sleeves bug is still in this year's game??

Not on all the throwback jerseys like last year, only some of them. The road Vikings jerseys were fine, but the Lions were missing. Not sure about the rest.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
Not on all the throwback jerseys like last year, only some of them. The road Vikings jerseys were fine, but the Lions were missing. Not sure about the rest.

I will try to test some teams and see what happens with the jerseys. If anyone, while some games, uses classic jerseys notices the long sleeves and can let me know about the stripes, that would be really helpful. I can then use long sleeves on the teams that it would work on and then standard for the others.
I know the Browns work fine when using the 2010s brown jersey. The Bears seem to work as well, though there seems to be an issue. However, the Bears' 70s jersey does not seem to have the odd outline color.

The Dolphins strips do not work however. Any info we can put together will help me out a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I vote for standard sleeves. Personally it bothers me playing say the 86 Lions with long sleeves without stripes. Seriously EA... how hard can it be to fix this?
It's not just the sleeves either, the helmets have black numbers on them, and I'd also argue the white outline around the Lion on the helmet is only about 25% as thick as it should be.

Anyway, Kane told me they weren't allowed to work on throwbacks this year, so presumably nothing was done with any of them.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

How is this possible on NExt Gen without editors?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 09-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
How is this possible on NExt Gen without editors?
We use existing players and move them around to match as close as we can and then rename and re-rate the players. It is explained in a bit more detail earlier in the thread. If you have specific questions about the process I will be happy to answer them. I have been doing this for several years for personal use and last year I put 2 rosters on MaddenShare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »