Home

M16 1999 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1999 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M16 1999 roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
we should each give this man some money for his rosters.
I nice gesture, but I don't do the rosters for money. Though my wife wonders why I spend so much time on rosters for "nothing." But I was creating rosters for myself before EA gave me the ability to share them. EA needs to hire me to create old rosters. lol But seriously EA, hire me! We can talk salary and benefits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #106
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope you enjoy the roster. As always, please let me know if something looks amiss.
Blessed Sir:

thank you so very much. I am wondering, how many seasons do you think a person could play of this fine roster set of yours ?

what inspired you to do this roster set ?

did you use the ratings from Madden 2000 to input into Madden 16 file ?

as always, I bow to you and prostrate myself before they sacred and precious countenance.

enjoy my blog: https://holytrinity2020.wordpress.com/
Old 12-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Blessed Sir:

thank you so very much. I am wondering, how many seasons do you think a person could play of this fine roster set of yours ?

what inspired you to do this roster set ?

did you use the ratings from Madden 2000 to input into Madden 16 file ?

as always, I bow to you and prostrate myself before they sacred and precious countenance.

enjoy my blog: https://holytrinity2020.wordpress.com/
I think you can get at least a few seasons out of the roster. I try to make the rosters at least usable with the rookies. I figure after maybe 3-5 seasons or so the rookies might eclipse the roster. But, I have never gone that far, so if you do I would be interested in hearing how things go.

As far as why I did this particular year, I mentioned that I might do 1999 last year and there was a lot of feedback for it. As a Browns fan it was the year they returned. I always thought it would be neat to create them and see if I could turn them into a competitive team over a couple of seasons.

I did not use Madden 2000 roster or ratings. I thought about it as I own the game and certainly could have. However, the ratings are a bit different from 2000 to 2016 so I did not know how they would translate. So, I stuck with my calculations. I am sure that the roster could be picked apart in terms of speed of this player or that player type of thing. My goal when creating these rosters is to make the players and teams play as close to that year as I can. Sometimes I have to make adjustments for certain players. All of my ratings are in some way based on statistics. Like I said before, I have been creating rosters for several years now and have found things that do not work and things that I need to adjust from roster to roster. This roster was actually one of the more difficult for me. That is a result of the few dominant teams such as the Rams and Titans. The Buccaneers defense was really good as well. However, then there were teams like the Cowboys who in paper and statistically played ok, but they had a really poor season. While I have played some games along the way, I am not sure how a team like the Cowboys will turn out in a season of play.

Please keep me updated as you play through your season(s). The more feedback I get the better future rosters will be.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:55 AM   #108
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I think you can get at least a few seasons out of the roster. I try to make the rosters at least usable with the rookies. I figure after maybe 3-5 seasons or so the rookies might eclipse the roster. But, I have never gone that far, so if you do I would be interested in hearing how things go.

As far as why I did this particular year, I mentioned that I might do 1999 last year and there was a lot of feedback for it. As a Browns fan it was the year they returned. I always thought it would be neat to create them and see if I could turn them into a competitive team over a couple of seasons.

I did not use Madden 2000 roster or ratings. I thought about it as I own the game and certainly could have. However, the ratings are a bit different from 2000 to 2016 so I did not know how they would translate. So, I stuck with my calculations. I am sure that the roster could be picked apart in terms of speed of this player or that player type of thing. My goal when creating these rosters is to make the players and teams play as close to that year as I can. Sometimes I have to make adjustments for certain players. All of my ratings are in some way based on statistics. Like I said before, I have been creating rosters for several years now and have found things that do not work and things that I need to adjust from roster to roster. This roster was actually one of the more difficult for me. That is a result of the few dominant teams such as the Rams and Titans. The Buccaneers defense was really good as well. However, then there were teams like the Cowboys who in paper and statistically played ok, but they had a really poor season. While I have played some games along the way, I am not sure how a team like the Cowboys will turn out in a season of play.

Please keep me updated as you play through your season(s). The more feedback I get the better future rosters will be.
Thanks for telling us your thoughts. Randy Moss really is low-rated in this roster. Marshall Faulk should be adjusted too. Thanks for this roster.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:18 AM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for telling us your thoughts. Randy Moss really is low-rated in this roster. Marshall Faulk should be adjusted too. Thanks for this roster.
I will look at Moss, but keep in mind it was only his second year. Also, do not just look at the OVR, look at his other numbers. I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment, but his Route Running is probably what is keeping him down.
In general, for WRs, I lower the Release rating and slow them down a bit. Perhaps not the most realistic, but I believe it makes for better interaction with the DBs. This also results in lower than "normal" OVRs for WRs. Moss is rated right around 90 I believe, maybe 89. If you look at all of the WRs he is still up there near the top 5.
As for Faulk, I have looked at him from when you mentioned it before. Again, look beyond the OVR. His numbers are high and even his OVR is in the 90s I believe. His receiving attributes are also very high as that was really his specialty.

A constant struggle is fighting with the OVR rating, something I argue with myself about all of the time when making my rosters. That rating is poorly implemented by the game. By that I mean the formula is not a good representation of the player. So I am always fighting with making the players be who they were and a potentially lower or higher OVR, or balancing the OVRs in comparison with other players at that position.

I have played with the Rams and against the Rams, and Faulk is a monster. When I was using him, I ran all over opposing defenses. When I played against them, using the Buccs, he still ran all over me. Part of that is the offensive line too. The Rams line is very good and opens up holes that Faulk is able to exploit.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 10

Stupid question... But I cant for the life of me figure out how to do a 32 team cfm.... Can someone please explain this

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 21

For those who concentrate on OVR - I always disregard the overall rating for the most part. In Madden, in order to get some players to play well and intelligently on the field, you have to boost and change some of the ratings.

One example is Fullbacks - if you want a FB who can block well and has strength and good ball control, you have to up those ratings which most of the times will make him a 99 in the game. If you don't, you have FBs who peel off and go another way when they should be blocking for the HB and hitting the first guy they come across.

Just one example..there are many in the game.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #112
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah....I'm with you all on the overall discussion. Honestly, I wish EA would just either take it out or make it hidden. I'm sure the MUTies would cry, but I don't give a crap about them.

I honestly think you've done a terrific job on the ratings. The BIG thing that people need to consider is to use 32 team control and set every team's scheme to reflect what they used that year. This is not an aesthetic thing, but it really does matter in terms of performance. You get into CFM and change the Rams' scheme to "Receiving Back"...watch Faulk be even more dominant.

I figure I am going to spend several hours just setting up my baseline CFM file...but with the right playbook, coach aggression, and schemes...it's only going to enhance things further.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »