M16 1999 roster PS4 - Page 18 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M16 1999 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1999 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #137
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M16 1999 roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@Armor and Sword

Hearing and seeing that name once again.... Az-Zahir Hakim! CLASSIC!!!!!

Question...Are you still using your slider set from your thread for this roster set?
Yes sir!!!
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-26-2016, 04:46 AM   #138
Pro

Just out of curiosity... How do you come up with the ratings for the QBs and kickers? If you have a formula could you post it?
Old 01-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #139
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Packers at Bears

Live!!!!

Todem23 on Twitch
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Dolphins at Redskins now streaming!

Marino and Jimmy Johnson take on Norv Turner and Stephen Davis!
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #141
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Just out of curiosity... How do you come up with the ratings for the QBs and kickers? If you have a formula could you post it?
I do use a formula, but I also make some adjustments when I feel they are needed. My current formula for QBs is based on statistics from that season.
Short Accuracy= Completion %+29
For medium I take the yards per attempt and create a new number. 10-yards per attempt example: if a QB has a yards per attempt of 6.5, I take 10-6.5=3.5 I then use this number(10-Y/A) and subtract it from the Short Accuracy.

Deep Accuracy, I use a similar process except I use 20-yards per catch.
example: yards per catch is 11, I take 20-11=9 I then take that number away from the Short Accuracy.
This year, because of the revamped attributes by EA, especially in terms of DAC, I ended up subtracting an additional 5 to 7.
The process is not perfect, but it seems to work.

For awareness I use the following for QBs: 15+(Exp*3)+gamesplayed+(games started*3)+TD%-INT%-SCK%
Again, not perfect, but it seems to work. Like I said, I also make adjustments as I feel they need to be made, but usually I have little to do in terms of adjustments. I usually feel like these formulas create a pretty good representation of the QBs for the game.

Throwing Power is more difficult. I usually do that more by what I know of the players than anything else. I use the following as a starting point though: Yard per catch*6+long*.1

Throw on the Run is not based on a formula because no stats really support it. I make pocket passers under 70, balanced 71-80 and scramblers 75-up. Again, this is mostly observation.

Play action pass, is much the same. Mostly what I know of a guy. For instance, Boomer Esiason was known for his play action, so he would be rated highly. 2nd string guys end up much lower.

Hope that explains it ok, I will answer any questions you have on the process.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #142
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
As for kickers, I have used a couple of formulas over the years, but they are based in the same idea. Again, it is based on statistics.

KAC=((FG%+FG%+PAT%)/3)*100)+5

KPW, I look at long FG attempts. I take the number of 40-49 yard attempts plus the 50+(twice). I then take 30-the total long attempts. I then take 99-the previous number.
Example: Ken Willis 1991: 40-49 attempts=13 50+attempts=7 13+7+7=27
30-27=3 99-3=96 To flatten out the numbers across all kickers, I use 83 to form an average. So...((96+83)/2)+4=93.5=93 I added the plus 4 after some testing as I thought the overall KPW was a little to low. I knew that I wanted a number in the low to mid 90s as the top end. For 1991, the only kicker above Willis in power was Chip Lohmiller with a 94.

Again, I use these numbers as a base and make adjustments as needed. But I find that the kickers numbers work out pretty well.

Hope that was not too confusing.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #143
Pro

Iteach... thanks for explaining that. Did you come up w/ those formulas?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #144
Pro

I am trying and have been trying to develop formulas for other positions as well. I would love to be able to create most of the players based off of formulas from statistics. It is very difficult to do. I have not been able to develop anything which works consistently, though I have some ideas for running backs and wide receivers.

What I would like to do would not fit Madden's current rating system very well and it would keep people from being able to use the roster outside of one season. I would love to create a more diverse ratings system where the overall was essentially meaningless. I would have different ratings based on a players physical ratings. Example: Trucking would be reliant on a players STR and AWR ratings, Elusiveness would be reliant on AGI and AWR. BCV would be reliant on AWR, TRU, ELU and stats. Juke would be reliant on AGI, ELU, and AWR. etc....
I have a system I have been working on that does this, but it just does not fit the current Madden system the way I want it to.

Anyway, we will see what Madden gives us next year. If FBG has anything to do with ratings next year, my new system might just work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »