M16 1999 roster PS4 - Page 21 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M16 1999 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1999 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 01-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #161
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: M16 1999 roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
Not sure if it was brought up. David Akers is kicking right footed in this set. He is a lefty .

This set is amazing!!! Playing with Giants and having great games thus far.

Thanks!!
Akers is not the only wrong footed kicker. In trying to match years of experience, or at least come close, I did not always pay attention to the "footedness." That is something I want to pay more attention to in the future though, when possible. I try to make sure the QBs are correct because you see them so much and watching a Right handed Steve Young is just weird.

I wish EA would allow simply edits like that. It would make editing left handed QBs a lot easier too. One thing I have noticed is that EA does not set any position except Kicker, punter and Qbs to any thing besides Right Handed. There are no left handed players at any other position.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 AM   #162
Pro

Can anyone confirm if setting run/pass ratios when creating coaches actually has any effect in Madden 16?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #163
Pro

I set up my 1999 roster into a 32 team control franchise, I created all new coaches and set the playbooks and run/pass%. This was already done on my previous template. I then went in and set the offense and defense schemes for each team. I think this makes a difference in playcalling. I further went and changed the position priorities for each team. I did this based on the players on the team, as well as based on what the team emphasized. Usually this meant that the priority and player matched, but not always. Sometimes teams have a guy that does not match exactly what they want. It happens in real life. My goal was to try to get the teams to call plays and act like the real life 1999 counter part.

So, this morning I simmed the entire season. The results were pretty awesome! The playcalling percentages were much improved from a previous sim I had done without changing schemes and only changing playbooks. I will try to post some results later. Now, because this is Madden and nothing is perfect, the individual stats were a bit off in places. Too many 5000 and 4000 yard passers. Not horrible, but a result more of the game engine than the play calling a believe. The rushing numbers were very solid. The only thing really out of whack was the number of receptions. Way too many receivers with 80+ receptions for the year,
Sack numbers, interceptions and tackles were all good.
The Rams beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Then I started up a franchise with the template and played my Browns versus the Jets. Now I have played this game before without all of the scheme and player changes. The Jets threw the ball over 40 times in the previous game. NOT THIS TIME!!! The Jets threw the ball 29 times and ran 27! BIG CHANGE and certainly for the better. Not only that, but the Jets threw downfield and made some big plays. I was VERY happy with the results here.

I will keep testing and playing, but I think this whole scheme and player priorities makes a BIG difference. This is especially important me using my past season rosters. I think I can create a much better replication of how teams actually played.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I set up my 1999 roster into a 32 team control franchise, I created all new coaches and set the playbooks and run/pass%. This was already done on my previous template. I then went in and set the offense and defense schemes for each team. I think this makes a difference in playcalling. I further went and changed the position priorities for each team. I did this based on the players on the team, as well as based on what the team emphasized. Usually this meant that the priority and player matched, but not always. Sometimes teams have a guy that does not match exactly what they want. It happens in real life. My goal was to try to get the teams to call plays and act like the real life 1999 counter part.

So, this morning I simmed the entire season. The results were pretty awesome! The playcalling percentages were much improved from a previous sim I had done without changing schemes and only changing playbooks. I will try to post some results later. Now, because this is Madden and nothing is perfect, the individual stats were a bit off in places. Too many 5000 and 4000 yard passers. Not horrible, but a result more of the game engine than the play calling a believe. The rushing numbers were very solid. The only thing really out of whack was the number of receptions. Way too many receivers with 80+ receptions for the year,
Sack numbers, interceptions and tackles were all good.
The Rams beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Then I started up a franchise with the template and played my Browns versus the Jets. Now I have played this game before without all of the scheme and player changes. The Jets threw the ball over 40 times in the previous game. NOT THIS TIME!!! The Jets threw the ball 29 times and ran 27! BIG CHANGE and certainly for the better. Not only that, but the Jets threw downfield and made some big plays. I was VERY happy with the results here.

I will keep testing and playing, but I think this whole scheme and player priorities makes a BIG difference. This is especially important me using my past season rosters. I think I can create a much better replication of how teams actually played.

Great finding @iteachpercussion!

Was wondering if it would be possible to upload an edited version of your roster with these player scheme/priority edits so that we can download it?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #165
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Great finding @iteachpercussion!

Was wondering if it would be possible to upload an edited version of your roster with these player scheme/priority edits so that we can download it?
There is no way that I know of to upload the schemes and such in the game. I will try to set up a list of what I did and post it here, but you have to enter them manually when you set up the 32 team control franchise.

When I set it up last night I did not write any of it down, so I will need to re-look at everything.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #166
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
There is no way that I know of to upload the schemes and such in the game. I will try to set up a list of what I did and post it here, but you have to enter them manually when you set up the 32 team control franchise.

When I set it up last night I did not write any of it down, so I will need to re-look at everything.
Perfect! Sounds great. I would be more than happy to manually put in the items as needed if you can list out the changes you made. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #167
Rookie

thank you for these, started a season with the Bucs and true to form Dilfer was terrible and the D bent but didn't break with John Lynch intercepting Kerry Collins in the end zone with 16 seconds left to secure the win 21-16
Old 07-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #168
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

These rosters are AMAZING! I started up a franchise with da Bears that I've been reporting on in the dynasty section and its been a blast. In my first season, we went 4-12, and Cade McNown had 16 TD's to 10 picks on the season while Curtis Enis ran for over 1,300 yards and 7 TD's. In the offseason I drafted Deltha O'Neal (the guy's name was Farrington Lucas but I basically turned him into Deltha O'Neal) with the 5th pick, passing up on the Madden draft class version of Brian Urlacher. It'll be interesting to go through the years and see what players end up on different teams through the draft, so thank you for this! The only problem I have is the colleges aren't correct, but I know how tedious it is to edit colleges as I did it for all the rookies in the 2000 class so I understand why you didn't. Thank you for this roster and I hope you make another classic roster set from this time period for Madden 17, anything from 1997-2001 would be wonderful!

Side Note: In my franchise, the Texans went 0-16 in my first season, the first time I've ever seen that in Madden lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »