M16 1999 roster PS4 - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M16 1999 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1999 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 11-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: M16 1999 roster PS4

Come on now... I think we all agree it was a totally inappropriate comment. But that poster is entitled to his opinion though the majority of us found it quite offensive. Don't lower yourself to that level. Let's just keep it about the 1999 roster set and leave it at that.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Come on now... I think we all agree it was a totally inappropriate comment. But that poster is entitled to his opinion though the majority of us found it quite offensive. Don't lower yourself to that level. Let's just keep it about the 1999 roster set and leave it at that.
facts are facts.

yes, the 1986 set is great and to remove fa's means that we can play multiple seasons.

I think we should all send $5 or $10 to this roster creator out of respect for his work.

kudos chap

1999 roster gameplay:

Bengals at Jags

http://www.twitch.tv/saintpadrepio/v/24042197

What an ending !!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/saintpadrepio/v/24052201

Last edited by 2019; 11-04-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #27
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Awesome year and for me the closing of the golden era of the NFL. I think starting in 2003 the game really went in the wrong direction and continues to decline more and more. IMO the NFL is a huge bubble and it is going to burst in the next decade.
I 100% agree with this and I don't think it is just the "I most love the era of football I grew up watching" effect. As we morphed into the current era, the NFL became more and more a copycat league. The biggest issue for me though is that in today's game...who are the true standouts, the guys who you sit down and watch just to see him play? There is so little separation in the physical attributes of modern players that they all feel the same (aside from a handful of freaks like JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc.).

In the 90s, there were just some dominant guys that you would stop what you were doing to just watch him play (Rice, White, Sanders, Marino, Elway, etc.). We started losing a lot of them by '99, but it is still an era of football that was well balanced and where teams had some variety between them. I cannot wait to do a franchise with this roster!!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #28
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

Can we get an update on how your roster is coming along. I'm super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #29
Rookie

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I 100% agree with this and I don't think it is just the "I most love the era of football I grew up watching" effect. As we morphed into the current era, the NFL became more and more a copycat league. The biggest issue for me though is that in today's game...who are the true standouts, the guys who you sit down and watch just to see him play? There is so little separation in the physical attributes of modern players that they all feel the same (aside from a handful of freaks like JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc.).

In the 90s, there were just some dominant guys that you would stop what you were doing to just watch him play (Rice, White, Sanders, Marino, Elway, etc.). We started losing a lot of them by '99, but it is still an era of football that was well balanced and where teams had some variety between them. I cannot wait to do a franchise with this roster!!
What I loved the most about the era of football from the 80s to mid to late 90s (aside from the success of my favorite team) was the variety of offenses across the league. In today's game it's just seems like every team is a pro spread team with the exception of the few that make a power run game their scheme. In the 80s and 90s, I loved that you hand WCO, air coryell, Perkins-erhart, smash mouth, run and shoot and hurry up teams. Take coryell teams for example, Fouts Chargers were very much different than Gibbs Skins, Norv's(OC)Cowboys and by '99 Martz's (OC)Rams. Now I'm a WCO guy, so I loved watching the niners match points with all these different schemes. I just think it was a better watch.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #30
Pro

I own an XBOX One and this roster as well as the 1986 roster is giving me the itch to go out and purchase a PS4!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
Can we get an update on how your roster is coming along. I'm super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Things are moving, slow, but moving. I am working my way through the AFC East currently. I really have no ETA for the roster at this point. I can say that it will take awhile to finish, and I apologize for how long the process takes. But, rest assured I will get it finished! If I had to take a guess I would say some point in December for the finished product. Exactly when, I cannot say. It really depends on how busy I am with school stuff.

I will say, this is a fun roster to work on. As many mentioned, 1999 was a bit of a transition year for the NFL. In many ways it marked the end of a great era. So many big names at or near the end of their careers.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #32
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudCrew1992
To be fair when i said "what a joke" i was saying its a joke that joe montana went to colorado st so before you get all but hurt and cry you should read what was actually said but either way you not taking the time to do the correct colleges is still lazy its the same as not having the correct gear or ratings
I'm very detailed oriented on the rosters for classic teams myself

So personally i agree that the players should have the correct colleges, gear and somewhat reasonable ratings when you agree to do these types of rosters.

But i also understand the time frame it takes to complete such a task which is why I haven't moved forward yet in creating classics teams since Madden 25.

The roster creator may not have the time and patience to get every detail done....

So, I would suggest just grabbing the rosters yourself and modifying them to your liking since the majority of the work has already been done for you....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »