M16 1999 roster PS4 - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M16 1999 roster PS4

This is a discussion on M16 1999 roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 11-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #33
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: M16 1999 roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
I own an XBOX One and this roster as well as the 1986 roster is giving me the itch to go out and purchase a PS4!
Sometime around Thanksgiving i will make a decision or whether or not i want to committ to the hours of creating a roster set this year.

It would be a duplicate of my 1990's All Decade set from Madden 25....

I have all the information saved it just comes down to me being motivated enough to take on the hours again....

This years gameplay is definetly worth the venture it's just that the task at hand can be so overwhelming when you try to do these things plus work and spend time with the family.

Also doesn't help that i'm in mid 30's now and the wife feels i should start to retire from video games LOL!

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-06-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Sometime around Thanksgiving i will make a decision or whether or not i want to committ to the hours of creating a roster set this year.

It would be a duplicate of my 1990's All Decade set from Madden 25....

I have all the information saved it just comes down to me being motivated enough to take on the hours again....

This years gameplay is definetly worth the venture it's just that the task at hand can be so overwhelming when you try to do these things plus work and spend time with the family.

Also doesn't help that i'm in mid 30's now and the wife feels i should start to retire from video games LOL!
The time it takes to put these rosters together is monumental! I had made a 99 roster in an older Madden for personal use, so I still had all of the info around, but things have changed in the game so adjustments had to be made, plus it just takes forever to move players around, set equipment and ratings. I have never tried to figure out how many hours in game it takes, mainly because I would probably never make another roster. lol I know it takes a couple of hours per team. Then add in Free Agents and adjustments. This is why I do not worry about colleges. It has no effect on the game in my mind. You barely ever see the colleges unless you go looking for them. What I wish could be adjusted is previous year's stats. But again, that does not bother me too much. With a wife, 2 kids, teaching (and all that comes with that), being an advisor for multiple groups at my school; sometimes trying to make a roster just does not make a lot of sense. But oh well, I do it anyway.

Sorry to hear your wife thinks you should "retire" from gaming. I in quickly heading toward 40 and luckily my wife is a gamer too, so no retirement talk. She does however think I am crazy spending so many hours creating rosters and not actually playing the game. lol In reality, my wife is right!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #35
Banned

you are a wise man.
Madden needs year:to-year saves.
I say just do the ratings and superstars equipment edits. who cares about colleges being right.

big deal. people are suffering all kver the world and dying, and people nitpick over this small crapola.
shameful. thanks again for these rosters, Sir. they are excellent.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:31 AM   #36
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

I'm in my 40's and I refuse to retire. Fallout 4 comes out this week. My wife hates Fallout. That's her problem (of course, I probably wouldn't say that to her face...). Back on track, I can't wait to play Tampa Bay vs Jacksonville in the Super Bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #37
Pro

I'm pushing 50 and with a busy career I just don't have what it takes to create historic rosters. It is a painstaking process to do it right. Year to year saves would be great. Maybe if we could edit rosters on the computer much like "team builder" things would be much easier. Plus being able to edit height/weight and age/yrs experience. I keep holding out for that. Until then the only reason I even play these games is because of the roster you all create not only on madden but mlb and nba. Keep them coming, your is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #38
Rookie

@iTeachPercussion are u using a spreadsheet or any formula for this? i would gladly help in the editing process if that seems doable from your end
Old 11-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm very detailed oriented on the rosters for classic teams myself

So personally i agree that the players should have the correct colleges, gear and somewhat reasonable ratings when you agree to do these types of rosters.

But i also understand the time frame it takes to complete such a task which is why I haven't moved forward yet in creating classics teams since Madden 25.

The roster creator may not have the time and patience to get every detail done....

So, I would suggest just grabbing the rosters yourself and modifying them to your liking since the majority of the work has already been done for you....
Yeah I'm like that too with the colleges, I tried to do it myself with the 86 roster, got a good rhythm going, then got to Jacksonville and realized I was editing the wrong file, I had to just say forget it.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 21

Absolutely brutal mind and energy sapping process. I will be 60 in March. Been doing classic rosters since early Madden days and 2K5. Problem is, since no roster carry overs really I wind up doing the same rosters over and over and over again. Could not take it anymore, so taking a year off.

I empathize with anyone who takes any classic roster set on. There is NO way to get them 100% accurate due to editor restrictions, but there are some very good roster guys here who do the best with what we have been given.

I look forward to all releases!

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »