Home

Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM.

This is a discussion on Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM. within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM.

rosters are great and all EA needs to do is alter the connection between ratings and sim stats to produce accurate non-human sim stats.

anyways, what players should be increased or decreased before starting CFM ?

stefon diggs is one that comes to mind; any others ?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
rosters are great and all EA needs to do is alter the connection between ratings and sim stats to produce accurate non-human sim stats.

anyways, what players should be increased or decreased before starting CFM ?

stefon diggs is one that comes to mind; any others ?

thanks
None. Ratings were accurate as of week 1.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 12-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #3
Pro

Re: Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM.

Josh Norman
Old 12-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Josh Norman
As of week 1? No way. Scouts don't have crystal balls. They rate players based upon their grades at the time. The FBG rosters are accurate as of week 1, so all players are based on information prior to week 1. We can't change anyone just for the sake of changing them because of public perception. Once the scouts see enough to change the grades, they change them. He is a 76 now.

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/pr...PlayerID=20203
NFL Scout

Old 12-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
As of week 1? No way. Scouts don't have crystal balls. They rate players based upon their grades at the time. The FBG rosters are accurate as of week 1, so all players are based on information prior to week 1. We can't change anyone just for the sake of changing them because of public perception. Once the scouts see enough to change the grades, they change them. He is a 76 now.

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/pr...PlayerID=20203
1. I'm not criticizing the scouts or process in any way shape or form. You are correct they do not have crystal balls.

2. People using the rosters have something scouts don't. The luxury of seeing that a player finally broke out. These roster only work for one season. A guy like Norman's rating should reflect this one season. I am not saying you all should officially change the ratings of a player on the site. The op is asking if there are players that could use tweaks or a slight boost in their franchise and Norman fits that criteria.

Chill out.

Last edited by Steelers4190; 12-23-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
1. I'm not criticizing the scouts or process in any way shape or form. You are correct they do not have crystal balls.

2. People using the rosters have something scouts don't. The luxury of seeing that a player finally broke out. These roster only work for one season. A guy like Norman's rating should reflect this one season. I am not saying you all should officially change the ratings of a player on the site. The op is asking if there are players that could use tweaks or a slight boost in their franchise and Norman fits that criteria.

Chill out.

1. Obviously.

2. CFM starts your season out in the pre-season, prior to week 1 of the 2015 season. That is where the rosters were designed to start. The point is that nobody should change that roster file unless you are able to start as of week 16 in CFM and you edit all of the players in the roster file to their current ratings. Otherwise, your roster file is out of synch if you simply change a guy here or there. The other option is to edit the ratings while in CFM, something that I don't believe we can do.

The OP can do as he wishes, but it is my belief, as the guy who does these ratings, that continuity is of the utmost importance. He can attempt to update players all he wants, but I would recommend in doing so that he update every player to keep the continuity. Otherwise, some players are rated as of week 1, and others as of week 16. It's his call, but I reserve the right to voice my opinion when these ratings come up in topics, and you now have it.

Now, take a step back, and breathe. I was never "not chill" in my responses, so asking me to "chill out" is not needed nor appropriate for the conversation at hand.
NFL Scout

Old 12-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Pro

Icon14 Re: Players that should have some ratings edited in FBG Rosters before starting CFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
1. Obviously.

2. CFM starts your season out in the pre-season, prior to week 1 of the 2015 season. That is where the rosters were designed to start. The point is that nobody should change that roster file unless you are able to start as of week 16 in CFM and you edit all of the players in the roster file to their current ratings. Otherwise, your roster file is out of synch if you simply change a guy here or there. The other option is to edit the ratings while in CFM, something that I don't believe we can do.

The OP can do as he wishes, but it is my belief, as the guy who does these ratings, that continuity is of the utmost importance. He can attempt to update players all he wants, but I would recommend in doing so that he update every player to keep the continuity. Otherwise, some players are rated as of week 1, and others as of week 16. It's his call, but I reserve the right to voice my opinion when these ratings come up in topics, and you now have it.

Now, take a step back, and breathe. I was never "not chill" in my responses, so asking me to "chill out" is not needed nor appropriate for the conversation at hand.
Ok dude. Whatever ya say.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Chill out.
The thing I don't understand is why you are complaining. Dan stated when the rosters were being made, different thread, that there was not going to be any updates to rosters after they were finalized. Honestly there shouldn't be any updates to the rosters from Dan or anyone who helped make the rosters because they are true to what was originally stated.

Telling Dan to chill out is disrespectful. He and his volunteers put forth a great effort with the rosters.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »