Home

Madden 17 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:42 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Classic Rosters

While there certainly are limitations with 70's roster such as player size, equipment and non existent teams.... I personally love the classic rosters especially the 70's, and feel that when used in a single season they are great. Sure I wish we could make custom conferences/divisions and get rid of those nonexistent teams but even with the limitations I have a great time with these older rosters. In fact I have not played a season with current rosters in years. Play calling could be better but if you make every 70's team run heavy offense the results are really not that bad. Sure a bit too much passing but quite acceptable results. I do agree with the previous postervthatbthe game is geared towards more current rosters but with a little effort before starting a CFM you can get good results and plenty of enjoyment out of 70's rosters.
Regarding percussions idea of just using them in play now and tracking stats... I would love to do that expect what bothers me is that you cannot change to temperature. If I'm playing the Vikes in what would be a December game I want to be able to make it 15 degrees. In fact you can actually find the game conditions for past games on I believe pro football reference. Plus it would be nice to also choose wild card and divisional playoff in addition to just exhibition and super bowl. Maybe even have rivalry as well.
So classic rosters are far from perfect but I think those of us that play soley with them accept the limitations, make the best of what is available and greatly enjoy playing them. So please... keep them coming!!!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 21

Playbooks and game plans are a big culprit in making the game pass happy. I made a 1960's style Run Heavy playbook, removed all Shotgun formations except 1 (you have to have at least 1 in the book) and also removed a lot pass plays and subbed more sweeps and fullback runs, etc. It plays nicely but the engine still likes to use the shotgun every now and then...sometimes on first down which spoils the immersion.

If EA would allow custom books in season mode and take out the requirement that the shotgun HAS to have at least1 play, we would be in business.

C
Old 08-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #51
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

my vote according to the options listed would definitely be 1992 and 2002.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #52
MVP

Potential amazing news for classic rosters! I just watched a video on the new edit player options. Now the video I watched was inside a Franchise, but it was with a current player on the Vikings Cordarelle Paterson. The video goes through all of the options available...wow!
You can of course change the name, number and the normal stuff including equipment just like in previous years. HOWEVER, you can also change height and weight, handedness, skin tone and face!!!! As you change the weight, the body of the player changes too. If you change the face and skin tone, the player's profile picture changes also. Do you all understand what this means?!?!
Up until I saw this video, I was under the impression that it was only the draft classes that could be customized to this level and that current players could only be changed like in the past. That does not appear to be so. Now of course, like I said, the video is from inside a franchise, so I am not 100% sure if all of these changes can be made outside of the franchise, but I would assume so. Of course we know what assuming does.
Anyway, if this is all accurate to main menu roster changes, we no longer have to worry about 300lb offensive lineman in classic rosters.
If anyone else has any info regarding this, please let me know!
Old 08-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #53
MVP

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/FRebZhYoVYs
Old 08-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Potential amazing news for classic rosters! I just watched a video on the new edit player options. Now the video I watched was inside a Franchise, but it was with a current player on the Vikings Cordarelle Paterson. The video goes through all of the options available...wow!
You can of course change the name, number and the normal stuff including equipment just like in previous years. HOWEVER, you can also change height and weight, handedness, skin tone and face!!!! As you change the weight, the body of the player changes too. If you change the face and skin tone, the player's profile picture changes also. Do you all understand what this means?!?!
Up until I saw this video, I was under the impression that it was only the draft classes that could be customized to this level and that current players could only be changed like in the past. That does not appear to be so. Now of course, like I said, the video is from inside a franchise, so I am not 100% sure if all of these changes can be made outside of the franchise, but I would assume so. Of course we know what assuming does.
Anyway, if this is all accurate to main menu roster changes, we no longer have to worry about 300lb offensive lineman in classic rosters.
If anyone else has any info regarding this, please let me know!
Great news for sure. I just wish they would confirm that we can carry over either CFM or roster saves.

C
Old 08-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #55
MVP

Well, sorry about the false hope. I asked about making those changes outside of franchise in the Q&A thread. The answer I received was that editing outside of Franchise is the same as always. I do not understand EAs decision to not include the extra editing outside of Franchise, but oh well. Back to what we all expected in the first place.

Sorry again for the false hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Well, sorry about the false hope. I asked about making those changes outside of franchise in the Q&A thread. The answer I received was that editing outside of Franchise is the same as always. I do not understand EAs decision to not include the extra editing outside of Franchise, but oh well. Back to what we all expected in the first place.

Sorry again for the false hope.
Incredible. I don't know you, or anyone, can muster the energy to recreate all these teams from scratch again this year. It would be so easy for them to throw us a bone for carry overs...or even editing outside of CFM. But they won't do it.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »