Home

Madden 17 OS Community Rosters (Xbox)

This is a discussion on Madden 17 OS Community Rosters (Xbox) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Possible Idea for Madden 17 community rosters

I agree that it also adds another level to game planning, deciding who to attack on offense and covering up weaknesses on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08
Old 07-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
Angels, I like that scale. That's awesome. How did you determine your ratings? Do you have any scales that you used? Also, what system are you playing on?

Thanks, Chunt. I play on Xbox.

Yeah, so basically my conversion is centered around lowering players overall rating. I set it up where elite players only get slightly touched while backups get lowered a lot. Here is my overall rating conversion:

old overall rating - new overall rating
99 - 99
98 - 96
97 - 94
96 - 93
95 - 92
94 - 91
93 - 90
92 - 88
91 - 87
90 - 85
89 - 84
88 - 83
87 - 82
86 - 81
85 - 80
84 - 78
83 - 76
82 - 74
81 - 72
80 - 70
79 - 68
78 - 67
77 - 65
76 - 64
75 - 62
74 - 61
73 - 60
72 - 58
71 - 55
70 - 53
69 - 50
68 - 48
67 - 45
65 - 42
64 - 38
63 - 35
62 - 32
61 - 31
60 - 30
59 - 29
58 - 28
57 - 27
56 - 26
55 - 25
54 - 24
53 - 23
52 - 22
51 - 21
50 - 20
49 - 19
48 - 18
47 - 17
46 - 16
45 - 15
44 - 14
43 - 13
42 - 12

Now, to actually convert these player to their lower ratings, I have developed a different system for different positions. I have been working on this since Madden 2011 and feel like I have it in a pretty good place. For one, I basically never touch physical attributes such as speed, agility, acceleration, and strength. I do, however, lower every player’s jumping by exactly 30 points except for offensive lineman, kickers, and punters. This to me, has lead to extremely improved and more realistic/fun passing and avoids linebackers jumping passes over the middle at an unrealistic rate as has been a problem in Maddens past. However, I haven’t played Madden since Madden 25, so if linebackers swatting/intercepting balls at an unrealistic rate is no longer a problem in Madden, please ignore that part. Outside of that, I also never lower a player’s jumping ability. I’ll still lower a player’s speed/agility/acceleration at my own discretion if I feel like EA just got it wrong, but for the most part, I avoid touching that rating.

Quarterbacks:
So, here is my system for quarterbacks. For every 5 overall points that a quarterback is lowered, I will lower his throw power by 1. So if I am lowering a 96 rated quarterback to 93, I don’t touch his throw power. If I am lowering a 62 overall quarterback to 32 overall, and his throw power is 81, I will lower his throw power by 6 and make it 75. Because he is being lowered overall 30 points, and 30 divided by 5 is 6. If I am lowering a 80 overall quarterback to 70, and his throw power is 85, I would lower his throw power to 83. He is losing 10 overall points, so his throw power will be lowered by 2. I lower a quarterbacks awareness the exact same amount as I am lowering his overall. A quarterback being converted from 86 to 81 overall would lose 5 awareness points. I then lower all of the accuracy ratings evenly across the board until the quarterback hits his new rating.

So it’s:
-1 throw power for every -5 overall.
-1 awareness point for every - 1 overall.
then dump his accuracy evenly until he hits his new desired overall rating.

HBs:
For half backs, I start by lowering two attributes. One is CARRYING. For every 5 points you lower a running back overall, lower his CARRYING by 1. Two is CATCHING. For every 3 overall points you lower a player, lower his CATCHING by 1. After that, lower the player’s awareness, trucking, elusiveness, ball carrier vision, stiff arm, spin move, juke move, catch in traffic, route running, spectacular catch, and release evenly across the board until he reaches his new desired overall rating.

FBs:
Full backs are the exact same as half backs in lowering their CATCHING AND CARRYING. The only difference with fullbacks is to also lower their blocking attributes in addition to their awareness, carrying and catching attributes evenly across the board until you reach their desired new rating.

WRs:
Wide receivers are the same as half backs.

TEs:
Tight ends are the same as full backs.

Offensive lineman:
For every 5 overall points you lower a player, lower his strength by 1. Outside of that, lower the player’s awareness and blocking attributes evenly across the board until he reached his new desired rating.

Defensive players:
Things are a little more consistent on the defensive side. For every 3 overall points you lower a player, lower his tackling and catching by 1. After that, lower his awareness, hit power, power move, finesse move, block shedding, pursuit, play recognition, man coverage, zone coverage, and press evenly until he reached his new desired rating.

Kickers/Punters:
For every 5 overall points you lower him, lower his kick power by 1. After that, lower his awareness and accuracy evenly until he reaches his new desired rating.

I think that covers it. I hope this helps. I feel I have gotten amazing results with this in the past, and hopefully somebody will find this useful.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #11
Pro

chunt04's Arena

I like that idea a lot man. I like that you target the skills mores than the physical attributes, as a player can still be a decent athlete but may lack the skills necessary to play in the league.

I do need to find a reliable site or two that does some good player ranking based off of stat analysis. I really want this whole thing to be backed by real life data. We also need to start forming teams of editors to get the entire thing implemented into the game. It's just too much work for one person to take on themselves.

I may wait for Dan's new site to come out. He said that players would be graded based off increments of 10, so it seems easy enough to translate over to ratings. His site will have real data from scouts, so I'm pretty excited about that.

VT Grad '08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
Pro

chunt04's Arena

Angels, are you buying the game for Xbox this year?

VT Grad '08
Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Yeah I think I will this year. The only reason I haven't in recent years is because not being able to edit players in franchise mode is a deal breaker for me.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
I like that idea a lot man. I like that you target the skills mores than the physical attributes, as a player can still be a decent athlete but may lack the skills necessary to play in the league.

I do need to find a reliable site or two that does some good player ranking based off of stat analysis. I really want this whole thing to be backed by real life data. We also need to start forming teams of editors to get the entire thing implemented into the game. It's just too much work for one person to take on themselves.

I may wait for Dan's new site to come out. He said that players would be graded based off increments of 10, so it seems easy enough to translate over to ratings. His site will have real data from scouts, so I'm pretty excited about that.
Also, since you mentioned ratings based on stat analysis...

I also do my own roster progression completely for quarterbacks, half backs, wide receivers, and tight ends. I used to do all positions, but quit mostly because I didn't have time, but also a little because I realized my logic on certain defensive positions were flawed.

But my system works like this:

For one, there are certain rules in place:

Like:
a player in the 90s can only go up one overall rating no matter how good a game he has.
a player in the 80s can only go up a maximum of two points
a player in the 70s can only go up a maximum of three points
a player in the 60s can only go up a maximum of four points
a player in the 50s can only go up a maximum of five points
a player in the 40s can only go up a maximum of six points
a player in the 30s can only go up a maximum of 7 points
etc.
And all players go down one point for any game that is less than their overall warrants. If their production in a game is significantly lower than their overall warrants, then they go down two points. No player can go down more than 2 points for one game except quarterbacks.

So, for quarterbacks:
A quarterback's passer rating is crucial, here. My original conversion chart for spreading ratings is also crucial, here. I originally lowered a 75 rated quarterback to the overall rating of 62. So a 62 rated quarterback needs a 75 passer rating to break even. That is where the line is drawn. If he gets a 76 passer rating, the 62 rated quarterback will get boosted to 63 overall. If he gets a 74 passer rating, his overall rating will drop down to 61. But what about quarterbacks who run? I take this into account. For every yard a QB runs for, he gets a 0.1 boost to his passer rating. So if rushes for 50 yards, he gets 5 points added to his passer rating. If he rushes for a touchdown, he gets 2.5 points added to his passer rating. If he fumbles the ball, but his team recovers, he loses 1.5 points on his passer rating. If he fumbles the ball and the opposing team recovers, he loses 3 points to his passer rating.

How does a quarterback go up multiple points?
With quarterbacks, I use increments of 25. So if EJ Manuel is rated 62, he needs a 75 rating to break even. If his passer rating is 25 points above that (or passer rating + rushing yards), then he gets another point boost. So in this example, EJ Manuel would go up 2 overall points for having a passer rating of 100. 3 points for having a passer rating of 125. And 4 points for having a passer rating of 150+. So if EJ Manuel is rated 62 and has a perfect game of 158.3, his overall rating would rise to 66. This has been my system for quarterbacks, and I feel I have gotten great results with it. I love having a system like this that is completely math based, because it leaves no room for bias. I just stick to the system and see where things land. It also rewards consistency with players.

I just thought I would share my system since you mentioned it.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #15
Pro

chunt04's Arena

Angels, I like that. Very cool system and approach. If I decide to do something similar, would you be interested in helping edit?

VT Grad '08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #16
Rookie

Yeah man I would love to help out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »