Home

Madden 17 OS Community Rosters (Xbox)

This is a discussion on Madden 17 OS Community Rosters (Xbox) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden 17 OS Community Rosters (Xbox)

I have been thinking about rating scales and systems since the announcement of fully editable players in franchise and came up with the following. Now, this is just a thought and would require a team of people to work on it, but I feel this would create a fully comprehensive and workable roster for franchise mode (similar to what the OSFM roster is for The Show). I figured that we could come up with teams of members here at OS to do rosters for both XB1 and PS4 so no one would be left out.

In my research I found that Profootballfocus.com has a player grading system, you can find a few links here:

How They Grade:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Grading Info:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/why...name=hd-grades

My thinking was to rate all current NFL players to this scale and see how the game would play out. I feel that this would help spread out ratings across the board and help elite/ superstar players to really stand out. In the "How They Grade" section, they define each players rating as such

0-59 > Replaceable
60-69 > Backup
70-84 > Starter
85-89 > Pro Bowler
90-100 > Elite

Editing of the rosters would need to include the following:
- Updated Transactions
- Edited Depth Charts
- Created Missing Players
- Updated Player Contracts (if possible)

For The Rookies:
I like the idea someone already proposed here of making an updated list of real rookies per draft class year and ranking them. The fictional players on the draft board ranking would then be edited to that rookie. This is where we would need to have our own ratings scale to work within. Everything could be laid out in the thread so players can edit the rookies within their own franchises. I figure spreadsheets would be best here. Anybody have any suggestions? As long as the ratings fell within the set parameter above, we would have real rookies within that spread ratings system.

For Sliders:
I feel that we could come up with another slider maker to adjust sliders accordingly to the roster set. If we worked together as a community, no one person would have to take on this amount of work themselves.

Please feel free to discuss below. What are your thoughts? Anyone interested? I know the grading on profootballfocus.com costs money, but I would be willing to pay that price and share through DMs to the teams working on the roster. I would not be able to share that info publicly, as I do not want to have any issues with PFF.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08

Last edited by chunt04; 10-06-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: incorrect thread title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #2
Just started!

Picante19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Possible Idea for Madden 17 community rosters

Do you guys think they will add historic teams to the game?
Old 06-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Pro

chunt04's Arena

I doubt it. I think we would have seen that mentioned by now. That's why I want to focus on creating a solid roster to work with in franchise mode. Madden needs something along the lines of SimWorld's rosters for 2k or the OSFM rosters for The Show. That's why's I'd like to get this started with a good group of members here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT Grad '08
Old 06-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They won't do historic rosters. It's too expensive to get rights to all the players. They do classic teams in the NBA game, but that only requires them to get five guys per team (backups are usually fake players). And even in that case they'll have guys like Kareem and Chris Webber missing.

So for Madden even if you were only going to have the starters that's still 22 players per team. They used to have the players unnamed but then they got sued by Jim Brown and a bunch of the other players who were getting ripped off.

A game with a ton of classic NFL teams is probably the #1 thing I would ever want, but it's not possible.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
Pro

chunt04's Arena

I agree. Just to be clear, what i am proposing is not historic rosters. I'm only looking to do the current roster for the upcoming NFL season. Are any current roster makers interested in coming up with something? In my eyes, doing something like this with ratings from actual scouts and people close to the game is the way to do it. The fact that PFF actually grades on a 0-100 scale is the icing on the cake, as I don't think it would be all that difficult to implement.

Best case scenario, this could become something similar to the FBG rosters, but on a scale that is easier to work with in Franchise modes.

VT Grad '08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
Pro

chunt04's Arena

Alright, after much thought, I've started to believe that maybe I haven't fully written this in a way that people are grasping.

All I'm looking to create is a team for each system that's willing to work together on a ratings system to start to put together a roster that has edited everything within the ratings parameters and tiers implemented by the developers. These ratings would need to be distributed well across the league in a way that allows real skill to stand out. All ratings would need to be backed by some real life data whether it be Dan (the founder of FBG) or another's site, providing real rankings and ratings of pro football athletes. I am not stuck to the Pro Football Focus idea or the use of any other site. I just used it as an example and wanted to get the conversation rolling.

There would need to be testing with the new release of the game to figure out how the new tier system works. We would have to adjust our ratings scales to provide the most diverse range of animations that the game can provide. We would also need to have research put into real life rookies and the creation of spreadsheets for manipulating their ratings, as this has to be posted to the thread and put out to the public (users would have to input the rookie edits themselves, without editable and shareable draft classes).

Does anyone have any feedback or interest in trying something like this? I know many users contribute to rosters in the other sports games. This is all open for discussion/ criticism and I am willing to work as a team.

You can find more discussion on this topic within this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-madden-4.html

VT Grad '08

Last edited by chunt04; 07-01-2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added link
Old 07-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

I would love if you guys did this. I used to do this for the entire NFL and it took forever to do every NFL team. But your proposed scale is exactly the same scale I used.

To be a little more detailed with the backups though, I had my scale:

60-69: good backup player (you would feel comfortable with this player if your starter went down.
50-59: your average backup
40-49: a weak NFL backup, but still worthy of being on an NFL team if for nothing else, special teams
30-39: your average practice squad level player
20-29: your average NFL camp body. Somebody who might be on a team for preseason, but wouldn't make a team or even practice squad.

After stretching every team to this standard of player ratings, I cannot express to you how fun Madden was. If your starting corner went down and you had to bring in a 50 rated backup to guard Julio Jones, you really had to adjust your gameplan. Elite players become more elite and weak backups become bigger liabilities. It makes for amazing gameplay and for great franchise play as finding solid depth becomes more difficult.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
Pro

chunt04's Arena

Angels, I like that scale. That's awesome. How did you determine your ratings? Do you have any scales that you used? Also, what system are you playing on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT Grad '08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »