Home

Simulation Football Roster [Madden 17 / PS4]

This is a discussion on Simulation Football Roster [Madden 17 / PS4] within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #849
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Simulation Football Roster [Madden 17 / PS4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I was a little late to the Madden party this year and just picked the game up on a Black Friday deal from Best Buy. I had a question regarding this roster, does this roster include injuries? Or is it the default roster that was injury free? I guess I am looking for a current roster without injuries that is franchise 53-man ready and was wondering if this is that set? Thanks in advance!

This set is based off the first roster update when the game came out. There are a few injured players that I wish I could remove, but I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #850
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I was a little late to the Madden party this year and just picked the game up on a Black Friday deal from Best Buy. I had a question regarding this roster, does this roster include injuries? Or is it the default roster that was injury free? I guess I am looking for a current roster without injuries that is franchise 53-man ready and was wondering if this is that set? Thanks in advance!
its the best 1 on the ps4
Old 11-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #851
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
This set is based off the first roster update when the game came out. There are a few injured players that I wish I could remove, but I can't.

Have you updated it with transactions and whatnot throughout the year? And is this roster trimmed down to the lowest number? I normally do a 32 team franchise and don't enjoy cutting 20+ people in the preseason. So I was just curious if this had those two accommodations? Thanks in advance!
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #852
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Have you updated it with transactions and whatnot throughout the year? And is this roster trimmed down to the lowest number? I normally do a 32 team franchise and don't enjoy cutting 20+ people in the preseason. So I was just curious if this had those two accommodations? Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's a 53-man roster. Aside from a few players who needed to be added for positional requirements or injuries.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:48 PM   #853
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

How's it going, guys? Long time, no talk. Figured I would drop in and let you know what's been going on.

First, with the latest updates in Madden, it really has hurt the experience for me. Games aren't as crisp as they were before and that really sucks considering how much potential this game had. Second, I know it's been forever since my last update (November 25th). There are many reasons why which include what I said above (so lack of motivation), college finals, holidays, my NFL draft spreadsheet, and basically spending every extra bit of free time I have with the wife. Now that things are starting to settle down, I have a plan for the roster and I would love to hear y'all's take on it.

I'm going to rebuild the roster. After the last REGULAR SEASON roster update is released after Week 17 (pre-playoff release), I will download EA's roster and start from scratch. I understand this means our equipment, ratings, and created players will no longer be in the roster. However, this means the players added to the game by EA will now have accurate contracts, accurate portraits (if they did them this year for new additions), and ratings updates. After downloading, I will go through and create any missing players, correct positions/jersey numbers, and update the depth charts. Once that is complete, I will do a sweep through ratings and touch up ones that are either too high or too low.

In rebuilding the roster, this will prep for the NFL draft. I will NOT be creating players right away and putting them in Free Agents because then you can't start a Franchise without the CPU signing the players. But it will create the room so about a week or two before the draft, I will start creating the players. I would love to do all 7 rounds, but there isn't space for that many CAPs, so chances are I will do the first 4 rounds + notables beyond that. NO PROMISES THOUGH. It's a lot of work to handle.

Let me know what you think. I hope everyone is having a great end of the year, and I hope all my fellow college students did well on their finals.

Stay tuned!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #854
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
How's it going, guys? Long time, no talk. Figured I would drop in and let you know what's been going on.

First, with the latest updates in Madden, it really has hurt the experience for me. Games aren't as crisp as they were before and that really sucks considering how much potential this game had. Second, I know it's been forever since my last update (November 25th). There are many reasons why which include what I said above (so lack of motivation), college finals, holidays, my NFL draft spreadsheet, and basically spending every extra bit of free time I have with the wife. Now that things are starting to settle down, I have a plan for the roster and I would love to hear y'all's take on it.

I'm going to rebuild the roster. After the last REGULAR SEASON roster update is released after Week 17 (pre-playoff release), I will download EA's roster and start from scratch. I understand this means our equipment, ratings, and created players will no longer be in the roster. However, this means the players added to the game by EA will now have accurate contracts, accurate portraits (if they did them this year for new additions), and ratings updates. After downloading, I will go through and create any missing players, correct positions/jersey numbers, and update the depth charts. Once that is complete, I will do a sweep through ratings and touch up ones that are either too high or too low.

In rebuilding the roster, this will prep for the NFL draft. I will NOT be creating players right away and putting them in Free Agents because then you can't start a Franchise without the CPU signing the players. But it will create the room so about a week or two before the draft, I will start creating the players. I would love to do all 7 rounds, but there isn't space for that many CAPs, so chances are I will do the first 4 rounds + notables beyond that. NO PROMISES THOUGH. It's a lot of work to handle.

Let me know what you think. I hope everyone is having a great end of the year, and I hope all my fellow college students did well on their finals.

Stay tuned!
Does that final roster update from EA remove injured players or no?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #855
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Does that final roster update from EA remove injured players or no?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure their last update after the Super Bowl does, but I could be wrong.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #856
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure their last update after the Super Bowl does, but I could be wrong.

Damn I wish it did because I like playing with pre-existing injuries on so I don't have to cut players who are actually on IR in real life, makes the game more realistic when I can have accurate IR and accurate PS players. I wish Madden did what MLB the Show does and let you manually injure players with whatever injury and whatever length you wanted to. Here's hoping for M18

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »