Home

Classic Rosters cannot be done.

This is a discussion on Classic Rosters cannot be done. within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Classic Rosters cannot be done.

This is outside CFM:Unless EA Patches this forget about making Classic Rosters. I attempted 93 Chiefs,made 27 offensive players (found players that matched their size,weight,etc) no problems (most Chiefs don't make millions). Now on to the Defense, I pretty much kept getting exceed salary cap message even though I was probably about 40 million under the Cap. So EA/Madden must keep the salary of the guys you release or something else(I don't know). Good luck,you can trade around this but if you try this way enjoy all the headaches it will cause you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Re: Classic Rosters cannot be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRokks
This is outside CFM:Unless EA Patches this forget about making Classic Rosters. I attempted 93 Chiefs,made 27 offensive players (found players that matched their size,weight,etc) no problems (most Chiefs don't make millions). Now on to the Defense, I pretty much kept getting exceed salary cap message even though I was probably about 40 million under the Cap. So EA/Madden must keep the salary of the guys you release or something else(I don't know). Good luck,you can trade around this but if you try this way enjoy all the headaches it will cause you.

Make them a ****ty overall in free agency. Sign them cheap then change overall. You are welcome. I am doing Afictional roster and that's the work Around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
Make them a ****ty overall in free agency. Sign them cheap then change overall. You are welcome. I am doing Afictional roster and that's the work Around.

I did that,my guess is you have not done a whole team yet and just some here and there. I mention the 27 players I thought the "under 40 million" in cap part explain that.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRokks
I did that,my guess is you have not done a whole team yet and just some here and there. I mention the 27 players I thought the "under 40 million" in cap part explain that.

So make them good in free agency and it increases the contract. I have

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 08-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva

Plus a fictional roster you can edit anybody you choose it wouldn't have to that accurate. So I will agree a fictional roster can be done, MY TITLE is Classic Roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Banned

numberFour4ever's Arena

I'm new to this console after years of CPU

The biggest problem I see is not being able to clear 'years pro/exp' and the inability to clear stats tables of you edit existing players.

That kills turning classic rosters into long-term franchises, IMO.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

I have no problems with the salary cap. You just have to keep an eye on it and lower or raise ratings and release them, then resign them to the team. It is no different from the previous maddens as far as I can tell. I am making a 1975 roster and I have not run into any issues. I have moved players around and have the guys on the right teams and renamed for 4 teams. It can be done, just takes patience to make the salaries work.

We should be able to edit contracts and everything else outside of the Franchise mode, but we cannot, just the like previous years.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberFour4ever
I'm new to this console after years of CPU

The biggest problem I see is not being able to clear 'years pro/exp' and the inability to clear stats tables of you edit existing players.

That kills turning classic rosters into long-term franchises, IMO.
While there is nothing you can do about the clearing stats, I use players who either have the same experience or close to the same experience when I make a roster. So, I find it works for the most part. Plus, this year, if you want to take the extra time to do it, you can edit that once you are in the franchise mode. The stats are just something we have to live with if you are going to use classic rosters for a franchise. I personally do find it to be much of an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »