Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

This is a discussion on Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 08-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

Black Kakari,

I really enjoy your classic rosters, but will you be making any classic rosters on Xbox 1 for M18?
Old 08-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns33
I notice Madden 18 allows you to change hgt/wgt in franchise mode of current players, but it does not allow it for building rosters/managing rosters at main screen. **Sigh** I guess EA is trying to stop us from making classics. Man, it would be great if the NFL would revoke their damn agreement with EA! Can anyone imagine what 2K could do with this generation?

To those who attempt roster making on M18, I give you props. Good Luck!

Black Kakari
It was the same in M17. I was hoping for it to change, but I did not expect it. I will continue to do what I do. It is better than M16 where you could not edit those things anywhere.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #27
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

I know I asked this in the 1987 thread. But I wanted to shed some more light on it. It's been ages since I did this classic roster bit, and was wondering if there is a run down somewhere that I can use to make a classic roster the least tedious way? I remember it was not that bad in M25, and it actually paid off, but the following years made it just not worth it IMO. Plus not having file transfers to the new year just makes it more difficult to keep at it.

But I figured if I did only a couple, and everyone else did one or a couple, then maybe we could just get a train of rosters going in no time. Just my 2 cents.
SkyHook71
PS4: SkyHook71
Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook71
I know I asked this in the 1987 thread. But I wanted to shed some more light on it. It's been ages since I did this classic roster bit, and was wondering if there is a run down somewhere that I can use to make a classic roster the least tedious way? I remember it was not that bad in M25, and it actually paid off, but the following years made it just not worth it IMO. Plus not having file transfers to the new year just makes it more difficult to keep at it.

But I figured if I did only a couple, and everyone else did one or a couple, then maybe we could just get a train of rosters going in no time. Just my 2 cents.
The process is just as tedious as it has been. Back on M25 some folks used an outside editing software program which made the job easier. However, that ability stopped after M25 and there is no editor in sight. So everything must be done in game.

As for a "how-to," I create an excel spreadsheet with rosters and stats and a bunch of behind the scenes stuff. I then go about trading players from team to team and sometimes changing positions to get the best match from current NFL player to the classic guy. That is the hard part. I try to match ht and wt on everyone but lineman, and I also try to be within a year or two of experience. Then it is just the process of changing numbers, names, equipment and ratings. Then a lot of testing. The process sucks because Madden does not allow complete editing in the main menu roster. Once in Franchise, you can edit ht wt face skin tone, basically everything.

The last couple of years there have not been many classic rosters put out. For M15 and M16 I did 2 each year. M17 I ended up doing 3. I will do 1987 for M18 and I am not sure what else I will do, if anything.

You are right, the lack of being able to carry rosters over year to year is frustrating. It makes doing the rosters that much more tedious. I know a few folks on here that used to do rosters but have stopped for that reason, or the lack of editing capabilities.

Not sure if any of that helped. If I can be of any assistance in problems or issues you have working on a roster let me know.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #29
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The process is just as tedious as it has been. Back on M25 some folks used an outside editing software program which made the job easier. However, that ability stopped after M25 and there is no editor in sight. So everything must be done in game.

As for a "how-to," I create an excel spreadsheet with rosters and stats and a bunch of behind the scenes stuff. I then go about trading players from team to team and sometimes changing positions to get the best match from current NFL player to the classic guy. That is the hard part. I try to match ht and wt on everyone but lineman, and I also try to be within a year or two of experience. Then it is just the process of changing numbers, names, equipment and ratings. Then a lot of testing. The process sucks because Madden does not allow complete editing in the main menu roster. Once in Franchise, you can edit ht wt face skin tone, basically everything.

The last couple of years there have not been many classic rosters put out. For M15 and M16 I did 2 each year. M17 I ended up doing 3. I will do 1987 for M18 and I am not sure what else I will do, if anything.

You are right, the lack of being able to carry rosters over year to year is frustrating. It makes doing the rosters that much more tedious. I know a few folks on here that used to do rosters but have stopped for that reason, or the lack of editing capabilities.

Not sure if any of that helped. If I can be of any assistance in problems or issues you have working on a roster let me know.
Thanks for your input. I will definitely try to create some type of roster or two and see how well I can emulate said year. Really do wish that they had classic stadium dress with the old logos and such. Would for sure look really awesome this year with the graphic upgrades with frostbite.
SkyHook71
PS4: SkyHook71
Old 08-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm thinking of a roster with great teams from 1978 forward, with a twist.

See, I can't make up my mind between the 79 or 92 Cowboys, or between the 81, 94, or 07 Chargers, between the 79, 95, 05 Steelers or the 90 and 03 Chiefs. So rather than make multiple rosters with some mix of these teams, just include them all, screw it. I combine the 82 and 91 Redskins, combine the 80 and 93 Oilers, the 84 and 94 SF 49ers, etc. Depth charts would show just one or the other team, not a mix of the 2 teams. Starters would be one version, the backups would be the other. You decide whether you roll with the 86 or 07 Giants. It's your choice between the 95 or 06 Colts. Do an all 80's and 90's mashup or anything between 1978 to the present. All you'd have to do is rearrange the depth charts, not create another roster altogether.

I may need help on this as I don't have the time to commit to it that I used to have in my younger days.

Last edited by mathteachernerd1968; 08-22-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968
I'm thinking of a roster with great teams from 1978 forward, with a twist.

See, I can't make up my mind between the 79 or 92 Cowboys, or between the 81, 94, or 07 Chargers, between the 79, 95, 05 Steelers or the 90 and 03 Chiefs. So rather than make multiple rosters with some mix of these teams, just include them all, screw it. I combine the 82 and 91 Redskins, combine the 80 and 93 Oilers, the 84 and 94 SF 49ers, etc. Depth charts would show just one or the other team, not a mix of the 2 teams. Starters would be one version, the backups would be the other. You decide whether you roll with the 86 or 07 Giants. It's your choice between the 95 or 06 Colts. Do an all 80's and 90's mashup or anything between 1978 to the present. All you'd have to do is rearrange the depth charts, not create another roster altogether.

I may need help on this as I don't have the time to commit to it that I used to have in my younger days.
Unique idea...but you will have players from the other year teams subbing in...so when you play you will see players from different years mixed into the lineup...unless I misinterpreted how you are setting this up.

C

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey capa I was thinking same thing and mentioned it to karmerfl who makes the greatestrbsandmore roster do like the starters for 89sf 94 1st 77dal 93 dal 95 dal 66gb 96 gb 72 Mia 84 Mia 64 for 87 cle etc like 2 or 3 teams for wax franchise only starters for each team. What do you guys think? Btw I am on xb1

Sent from my LG-H810 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »