Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

This is a discussion on Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

Not sure if this is correct thread... but I'm a bit disappointed that it appears no new classic jerseys were added. I was at least hoping for both home/away jerseys for the ones that were already in the game. Spoils the immersion into classic seasons.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Not sure if this is correct thread... but I'm a bit disappointed that it appears no new classic jerseys were added. I was at least hoping for both home/away jerseys for the ones that were already in the game. Spoils the immersion into classic seasons.
Can't you still mix and match? What important jerseys are missing?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #35
Pro

You can still mix and match. Missing...
70's falcons road
70's oilers road
70's Vikings road
80's jets road
80's pats road
70's bucs road
I can go on...
I just feel if you're going to give us the home jersey, why can't we also get the road jersey as well?
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #36
Pro

Instead of providing us with the jerseys I'd rather a tool similar to NBA 2k17 allowing us to create our own uniforms. Then we can create any jersey from any era. I also understand that I am in the minority playing only classic rosters so this isn't a big issue for most as current jerseys seem fine.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Unique idea...but you will have players from the other year teams subbing in...so when you play you will see players from different years mixed into the lineup...unless I misinterpreted how you are setting this up.

C
Bigger rosters, 3-4 RB's per team, 4-5 WR's and 2-3 TE's per team. So double that and there would be 6-8 RB's, 8-10 WR's and 4-6 TE's for a "double" team like the '90 and '03 Chiefs combined. Great for exhibition games, probably not so great to play an entire season unless unwanted players are dropped from the roster altogether before the season starts.

This may lead to defensive subs from different teams coming in, and I don't mind that too much.

What I like about this is that anytime I want, I could play the '79 Cowboys vs. the '82 Redskins or, with the very same roster, rearrange depth charts and play the '92 Cowboys vs. the '91 Redskins....or any combination of these 4 teams. One roster fits all.

I'm also thinking of another roster idea that may be better. Instead of combining the '86 and '90 Giants, for example, create teams from eras like the Giants from 1985-90, Patriots 1978-86, Dolphins '70-74 or '81-86. What that does is allow for better depth on these team's rosters. I'm a Dolphin fan and although I love the '84 squad, this would allow me to add Bob Kuechenberg who retired after 1983 and also John Offerdahl whose rookie season was 1986, without totally messing up the "integrity" of having these classic teams. Think of it as classic teams EXTRA. The 1984 SF 49ers could have Jerry Rice (rookie in 1985) while the '92 Cowboys could also have Deion Sanders (1995). Thus, the 1981-90 SF 49ers and the 1990-95 Cowboys (could be 1990-1999). Whatever works.

I'd probably limit that to 80's and 90's only. Maybe start from 1978 to allow for the Oilers, Steelers and Cowboys of the '70's. Could do another "era" roster for teams from 2000-2017. Maybe the Jay Fielder Dolphins of 2000-2004.

A 3rd idea is all DECADE teams. Like all 80's rosters with great depth charts for each team. If I want to replay the '88 Super Bowl with the Bengals and 49ers, then I rearrange the depth chart. I could further arrange it to replay the '81 Super Bowl between Cincinnati and SF. Now imagine doing that with all other teams. The '83 Raiders vs. the '82 Redskins or, with a little rearrangement, the '87 Redskins vs. the '89 Raiders with Bo Jackson.

None of these ideas are perfect, but it allows for great flexibility.

An all-time roster would work but it would be massive to allow for such depth chart manipulation. This has to be limited somehow. And I hate playing all-time rosters with guys who played 30-40 years apart.

Last edited by mathteachernerd1968; 08-22-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 21

So, there will be crossover as far as players on the same franchise, but different year teams playing together on the field. Ok. Got it. Interesting concept and I am sure some folks will love using your rosters. Good luck!

C
Old 08-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #39
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

There's a guy on Madden 17 who had a roster called LEGIT LEGENDS it was a great roster, hopefully he is back for 18

The Apex Predators
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 08-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #40
Rookie

Things I'm thinking of doing:

-1998 roster (last hurrah for Randall Cunningham, Dan Marino, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Steve Young. Rookie years for Randy Moss, Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson. Classic 1998 Vikings, Broncos, Falcons, and Jets. Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice).

-2000s Alumni Rosters (All the best players since 2000)

-Brady Roster (All of the best teams Brady went up against. The idea of multiple rosters for the same team really helps this since I could do early 2000s Pats, 2007 Pats, and 2014-2016 all in one roster).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »