Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

This is a discussion on Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 .... within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #41
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Plans for Classic Rosters and Madden 18 ....

So in doing classic rosters, what's the best way to set up a season? I'm assuming that if you play a franchise, the players will age and rookies will get drafted and that's not the point of a classic roster.

Do you run it as a season, over and over? Does the schedule change? I'm attempting to create rosters for the first time and before I put 100% into it I want to make sure it can/will run the way I want it to.

Thanks!

"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love to know the answer to the question above also .
Old 08-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
So in doing classic rosters, what's the best way to set up a season? I'm assuming that if you play a franchise, the players will age and rookies will get drafted and that's not the point of a classic roster.

Do you run it as a season, over and over? Does the schedule change? I'm attempting to create rosters for the first time and before I put 100% into it I want to make sure it can/will run the way I want it to.

Thanks!
Well... that is quite the question. It really depends on what you want out of the roster and season.

Some folks do enter the classic roster into Franchise and continue to play through several seasons. Of course that only works if the roster's ratings are similar in style to normal Madden ratings. For instance, the rosters I make can normally be used for multiple years. However, sometime a little extra editing may be required to keep too many rookies from playing at certain positions.

Another option is to only play one year and then set it up again and replay the year. In that case, no the schedule does not change.

I often set up my season using excel sheets to keep stats and standings. I then play the games in Play Now mode.I play the actual season schedule the roster is from. I also create playbooks to work with those rosters. This provides the most realistic experience. Though it is also the most time consuming in many ways. It requires extra time at the end of the game to type up stats for the game and players. Also, the only way to play the whole season is by playing every game. You can of course set up the game and then use the in game supersim to speed through games you do not want to play.

For Madden 17, I had 1975 rosters and the only way to get a realistic experience was in Play Now games. I created a few playbooks which removed the Shotgun formation, had an increased running game, and better defense playcalling.

This year, with off ball injuries, I think this is still be the best choice for a realistic experience.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions if I was unclear.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #44
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Well... that is quite the question. It really depends on what you want out of the roster and season.

Some folks do enter the classic roster into Franchise and continue to play through several seasons. Of course that only works if the roster's ratings are similar in style to normal Madden ratings. For instance, the rosters I make can normally be used for multiple years. However, sometime a little extra editing may be required to keep too many rookies from playing at certain positions.

Another option is to only play one year and then set it up again and replay the year. In that case, no the schedule does not change.

I often set up my season using excel sheets to keep stats and standings. I then play the games in Play Now mode.I play the actual season schedule the roster is from. I also create playbooks to work with those rosters. This provides the most realistic experience. Though it is also the most time consuming in many ways. It requires extra time at the end of the game to type up stats for the game and players. Also, the only way to play the whole season is by playing every game. You can of course set up the game and then use the in game supersim to speed through games you do not want to play.

For Madden 17, I had 1975 rosters and the only way to get a realistic experience was in Play Now games. I created a few playbooks which removed the Shotgun formation, had an increased running game, and better defense playcalling.

This year, with off ball injuries, I think this is still be the best choice for a realistic experience.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions if I was unclear.
I think I will try to the Play Now way, I have never liked the idea of teams Jacksonville and Carolina being on there when I'm using a classic roster.

Thanks for the response!!
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Old 08-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #45
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

How many caps are we limited to in 18? I wanted to make a 90s era roster. At least 6-8 teams, mainly skilled positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #46
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I'm out until we have full editing.

With full editing, anything from 1985 to 2002 would be on the table.

.. I think it would be a blast to play from 1982 through the 90's, operating as if the USFL never existed. Drafting players like Herschel, Reggie White, Steve Young, ect... As well as an '83 draft redo, with Elway, Marino, Dickerson and Kelly to build around.

I've never had the wherewithal to put that project together.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
i think considering they don't give us full customization of teams or creating custom teams, they should at least allow full editing.....
Old 09-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've started working on a "Best Teams Since 1980" roster. 2007 Pats, 1996 Packers, 1989 49ers.

Here are the teams I'm going with:

Arizona Cardinals-2008
Atlanta Falcons-1998
Baltimore Ravens-2000
Buffalo Bills-1990
Carolina Panthers-2015
Chicago Bears-1985
Cincinnati Bengals-1989
Cleveland Browns-1987
Dallas Cowboys-1992
Denver Broncos-1998
Detroit Lions-1991
Green Bay Packers-1996
Houston Texas-2012
Indianapolis Colts-2006
Jacksonville Jaguars-1999
Kansas City Chiefs-2002
Miami Dolphins-1984
Minnesota Vikings-1998
New England Patriots-2007
New Orleans Saints-2009
New York Giants-1986
New York Jets-1998
Oakland Raiders-1983
Philadelphia Eagles-1981
Pittsburgh Steelers-2008
San Diego Chargers-2006
San Francisco 49ers-1989
Seattle Seahawks-2013
St. Louis Rams-1999
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-2002
Tennessee Titans-1999
Washington Redskins-1991

I'd like to do at least two rounds of post-1990 teams and at least one round of pre-1980 teams. Lombardi's Packers, Steel Curtain, 1972 Dolphins, ect.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #48
Rookie

Are you on ps4 or xb1 Spartan those are all I'd like with few exceptions. 90 raiders with bo? 90 chiefs with okoye and Thomas?

Last edited by cowboys22bulls23; 09-03-2017 at 05:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »