1989 Classic Roster M17 - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1989 Classic Roster M17

This is a discussion on 1989 Classic Roster M17 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 08-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 1989 Classic Roster M17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
First off - thank you so much for all of your hard work on your roster sets - I have a question in regards to automated draft classes with the re-rated roster - how do they play into effect when the incoming rookies will be much higher than some of the best NFL players? Thank you once again!
You just asked the million dollar question! lol

This is something I struggle with constantly. In my past rosters I have tried to make the ratings in line with Madden's rating system. That way the rookies are not too good in comparison. However, it does not always work perfectly, but my 1993 and 1989 rosters for Madden 17 played pretty well beyond the first couple of years from what I have been told and the limited amount I played beyond the first season.

You will see some rookies come in and make an impact, but not really anything out of the ordinary.

However, I have developed rating systems that, for Madden 17 at least, had amazing sim stats. The problem is that the roster is not really usable past the first season, unless you are willing to edit the rookies. For this system, it really affects the QBs, Ks, Ps, and Dline (to a lesser extent as I only decrease the pursuit rating).

For QBs, in order to get accurate sim ratings you end up with QBs having OVRs in the 50s and 60s. Only guys like Marino and Montana end up in the 70s. Oddly enough, the gameplay does not suffer as a result and you still get appropriate QB play even from the CPU. However, that may NOT be the case with Madden 18 as the developers have stated that they have refined the QB inaccuracy for lower end QBs.

My plan, currently, is to make the roster in a way that it will work for multiple years in CFM. I might go back and release another version of the roster with alternate ratings.

Hope that answered your question. Sorry I got long winded. lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #42
Pro

I should pay attention to which thread I am answering. lol

My last post was geared towards a question as if you were asking about my upcoming 1987 roster. Sorry about that.

As for the 1989 roster, it should work beyond the first season. The ratings are pretty close to Madden ratings. The QBs are a little low, but should work. Most of the rookies do not come in too high.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:02 AM   #43
Rookie

I love your rosters! As someone that has tried to do them myself I know they are extremely time consuming if you're doing your best to make them as accurate as possible ratings wise and take a lot of will power to finish them.

Anyway my dream roster has always been making one featuring the best teams per franchise. I'd love seeing the 85 Bears facing off vs the 89 49ers, or the 92 or 77 Cowboys vs the 76 or 78 Steelers, or what have you. I've started doing this type of league myself multiple times but always end up giving up about half way....

Thanks again for all your hard work! It is much appreciated!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »